main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Two

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 25, 2010.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - First Half of Season Two

Poll closed Jan 25, 2010.
  1. Holocron Heist

2.9%
  2. Cargo of Doom

5.9%
  3. Children of the Force

1.5%
  4. Senate Spy

1.5%
  5. Landing at Point Rain

41.2%
  6. Weapons Factory

7.4%
  7. Legacy of Terror

2.9%
  8. Brain Invaders

11.8%
  9. Grievous Intrigue & The Deserter

20.6%
  10. Lightsaber Lost

4.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Landing at Point Rain

Why? The (immensely powerful - and well served by the music) quiet moment of Kenobi making his last stand in an otherwise frentic and fast-paced episode. Without that tiny moment, it would not have had the same power - action is all fine, but we need character moments as well. Here we had both (but yes, I did love Kenobi's wait & see attitude towards the brain worms when Luminara was "threatened").

2. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I loved that part! Me and my brother were cracking up at that part!
    "Come now, the ear or the nose?"
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Alright, who voted for Senate Spy? Fess up!

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well maybe if you'd let me leave Senate Spy off the poll like I wanted, Holocron Heist might have gotten that vote! ;)

5. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Jeez, now that I think about it, Senate Spy was pretty lame, wasn't it? Not so much the execution per se, but the story foundation upon which it was built. The whole deal about the Banking Clan and the Trade Federation still kinda sorta being in the Republic. One would think that the attempted mass murdering of Jedi and Clones at the Battle of Geonosis by Banking Clan Hailfire Droids and Federation Battle Droids, as well as the meeting Dooku/Tyranus (a known Sith Lord, no less) had with Hill and Gunray (a meeting that was personally witnessed by Obi Wan Kenobi - Padme is either unaware or doesn't mind all that much that these organizations were witnessed making a pact with the Star Wars equivalent of Satan) combined with Gunray's antics in general (which Lott Dod did not even mention, nor did Padme) would make the issue pretty much black and white, yes?

Sorry about the fanboy rant - I know this has been touched upon before, but MAN that was poorly thought out. It's enough to drive me to create my own "fanon" in which that episode was just a bad dream Padme had.

6. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    No doubt in my mind: Landing at Point Rain is my favorite so far this first half of the season.

7. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    This just doesn't bug me as much as it does many others. It's not well thought out, that's for sure, but politics IRL make odd bedfellows, and politics in SW never really make any sense, so when it's stated that the Banking Clan is in the Senate, I assume some offscreen finagling which I'd never want to see depicted has occurred and the BC is back in, and then on with the show. The ensuing episode, while not top of the list or anything, had plenty to recommend it. It actually highlighted the psychic/moral toll of the war on the "good guys" from a different angle, and fit in thematically with the other episodes tackling that issue this season.

Not sure how my overall rankings would go, but Point Rain and The Deserter were both in contention for my top slot. It's kind of been unceasing awesome since the Geonosis arc started, really. Or it would have been unceasing except for all the breaks...

8. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I voted for Grievous Intrigue/The Deserter. :)

1. Grievous Intrigue/The Deserter
    2. Lightsaber Lost
    3. Landing at Point Rain
    4. Weapons Factory
    5. Cargo of Doom
    6. Holocron Heist
    7. Senate Spy
    8. Children of the Force (didn't care for to much)

And as far as I'm concerned Legacy of Terror and Brain Invaders = epic fail. [face_not_talking] I hate when people use the "epic fail" term, but I just did, to illustrate my feelings... :p

9. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Technically, Palpatine is the Star Wars equivalent of Satan, I think George Lucas even said that himself. :p Dooku is just being used... Like a pawn in a game.

10. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, it wasn't a HORRIBLE episode. I actually liked the fact that the focus was on things other than stuff blowing up. I think the show needs more of that. It's just that the logic of the episode makes my brain bleed. So Padme thinks it's a good idea to go to Nute Gunray's homeworld, and no one reprimands her for this. Right after she arrives, Lott Dod tries to murder her. Smooth move there, Einstein! I wonder if she had any idea something like that would happen, or if she was really that dumb?

Anyway, my pick for worst episode of the season is Legacy of Terror, which I thought was ridiculous.

11. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Holocron Heist :D

I must say I really loved the start of the season, the Bane trilogy, so to speak. Holocron Heist was really exciting to me... I just loved the suspense of how Bane broke in to the Temple, that whole scene with TODO in the vent shafts was totally Star Wars and really took me back to playing the Dark Forces games. Aside from that, it features my favourite visual scene of the entire Clone Wars series so far: Bane behind the window shades in his shady apartment, the lights and the traffic outside. It felt like Nar Shaddaa.

Despite Cato and the lightsaber I think HH is a winner for the following reasons:

1. Best main character
    2. Best sidekick
    3. Best mystery plot (What the hell is Sidious going to do with a Jedi holocron?)

My second favourite being Brain Invaders... <3 the Ahsoka - Bariss mechanic, freaking brainworms, and most of all: Evil Bariss, reeeeeeal horrorshow.

12. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Thanks for giving Holcoron Heist a vote. That episode is too good to be at the bottom of the barrel.

13. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I didn't give it that vote just because no one voted for it. It's absolutely my favourite S2 episode. I think I already mentioned that in the 'Favourite Story Arc' poll/thread.

14. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I wasn't implying that you voted for it out of pity. I'm just glad it's someone's favourite, since I find it to be really good.

15. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    I dearly love Holocron Heist. My icon should be proof of that. But I voted for Landing at Point Rain because it was just such a well paced episode with a lot of good scenes. It also has my favorite Anakin/Ahsoka moment, the argument about the holomaps, which I think sums up their master/padawan relationship very well.

Now if I could vote for best character in Season 2, TODO would be my choice without any doubt. We need more TODO...is there a fan club I might subscribe to? If not, I declare myself emperor for life of the newly formed TODO 360 fan club.

16. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Ahhhhhh, ok. :D Stupid internet.:p Sorry about that. [face_whistling]

17. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I cal being advisor to the Emporer! TODO is easily my secind favorite TCW character. Can you gueaa who the first is?

18. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I was referring to the Sith in general, who seem to serve a Satanic role throughout the entire history of the galaxy. But yes, Palpatine is the worst and most Satanic of the bunch.

19. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I kinda figured that was what you meant.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    ZEM, you're talking about 2 of my top 3 episodes to date this season. I've got my eye on you. [face_skull]

21. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    I influenced you, didn't I? o_O

Not to start a fight but.......Legacy of Terror and Brain Invaders=epic win. Why? Well lets see:

Unique
    Not done much in Star Wars
    Actually came as exciting
    different
    Not about Grievous getting away with no accomplishments. Same for heroes.
    Jedi
    Kind of freaked me out a little. Which was cool.

I'm not a gor-feared person but I found these episodes enjoyable. :D

22. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    You are well trained in the Jedi arts - but you are not a Jedi. Only a Master of evil, Garth. :p
    Behold the power of twisting and combining quotes from the saga! ;)

I guess I can see how you guys can like 'em, but I just don't. I never cared for horror-type stuff, let alone in Star Wars. But everyone has their own opinions and I respect that, seriously. :)

23. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008

24. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    where can I really catch up on these episodes?

25. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Check out the Dataclips on Cartoon Network.com

EDITED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.