main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Your Favorite TCW Episode - Second Half of Season Three

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Apr 4, 2011.

?

Your Favorite TCW Episode - Second Half of Season Three

Poll closed Apr 4, 2011.
  1. Nightsisters

21.4%
  2. Monster

3.6%
  3. Witches of the Mist

3.6%
  4. Overlords

10.7%
  5. Altar of Mortis

12.5%
  6. Ghosts of Mortis

1.8%
  7. The Citadel

8.9%
  8. Counterattack

1.8%
  9. Citadel Rescue

3.6%
  10. Padawan Lost/Wookiee Hunt

32.1%
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Savage was a tragic character, and after the amazing trials, he was transformed into an evil 'monster', which was followed by the most brutal battle sequence ever (50 seconds long!) and the epic ending with Count Dooku (We will take over Darth Sidious, EPIC)

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I went with Padawan Lost/Wookiee Hunt. I guess that one human Jedi in the first episode made an impression on me. I think all the rest of the episodes here....heck, all the episodes in this whole season....seemed pretty meh.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Just watched Witches of the Mist last night, and though it was rushed, I feel like maybe I was a little hard on it the first time.

Yes, the Savage training was rushed, almost to ludicrous levels - I wish they had even one line to explain that it's been 3 months or something that he was training.

But other than Randy Savage being overpowered (I'm assuming the Nightsisters' magic trick increased not only his size but his Force ability), the only other thing that kinda sucked about the episode was when Savage kept getting up and getting zapped by Dooku.

I literally laugh out loud every time I watch it, it's like "Hadoken!" and down goes Savage.[face_laugh]

But having a three-Sith fight was fun, what with all the red lightsabers, and I liked the Toydaria scenes as well.

4. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    I'm pretty sure it was explicitly stated in Monsters that his Force-sensitivity was enhanced along with his physique. I don't think he was overpowered at all, his power-level was extremely erratic and ranged from very great to very weak, as it should be for an artificially enhanced Force-user who is using the Dark Side, which as we all know is the cheap and easy path and entirely reliant on the user's ability to keep themselves emotionally agitated. And is there any actual connection seen between Savage Opress and Randy "Macho Man" Savage, or is that just a gratuitous jab haters delight in?

5. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Overpowered? Really? 'Cause I got the opposite vibe from him.

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Oh, I must have missed that in Monster.

Can't really remember when he was erratic at all after the transformation, Tarkus. Unless you're referring to the first 30 seconds of training when he couldn't lift all of the stones. ;) Part of my problem with the "hate and anger" aspect, I can see how that would make someone turn to the Dark Side, but if you look at Sidious, Dooku, and Maul, they were all extremely calm. Perhaps their hatred is simply focused, but none of them ever seem to get more than irritated.

And yes, I actually started the Randy Macho Man Savage thing way back in CV becaue I thought his name was ridiculous.

7. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah, I've never been a fan of the name...to put it mildly. And I never complain about corny names in Star Wars. I'm planning on watching that trilogy tonight, so I'll let you know. :)

8. jonas_jade

jonas_jade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2005
    I've gone with Padawan / Wookiee.

It was close, there were episodes in each arc that almost made it, but in the end, because they're put together as a whole story it makes them the hands down winner.... o_O

9. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    The Trandoshan Duology might be getting a bit of an advantage, both due to "new episode glow", and because we get two strong episodes bundled together in a single option.

Oh well...

10. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Him failing in his training was one example, there was also him getting his @$$ kicked by Darth Tyranus who only used one hand to do so while the other was dueling Ventress. I agree that he did become exceptionally powerful very quickly, but as I originally stated, we all know the Dark Side is the quick and easy path and this guy just went through this physical transformation that greatly increased the size of his body (at least until the end of Monster...) which means much more blood which means many more midichlorians. There was only one thing I thought they shouldn't have made him do, and that was Force-pushing Obi-Wan and Anakin's spaceship off the platform on Toydaria (sp?) because dammit if Luke couldn't do it after a few weeks of training neither can he, and the previous training scene clearly demonstrated the flaw they shared of not believing they could do something like that yet. And I never got how he kills the king with two Jedi Knights clinging to him (?), but let's just say I don't chalk that up to Force abilities. Anyway, other than that I find his powers believable. They come in great bursts rather than him being able to sustain what he's doing, and when he's out he's OUT and just sits there getting his @$$ kicked. Also, while I'm rambling about this episode in a thread where I happen to be on-topic, I also have to say that at first I was 100% on-board the "Opress turned against Ventress too quickly and with no explanation and if so why'd he go back to Talzin" boat, but I just watched a better quality version of the episode than I've seen before and right after Darth Tyranus delivers his line about Ventress being a failed apprentice and foolish master Savage has this very expressive and full-of-consternation face that I never saw before that made everything make a lot more sense.

On that last point, I think that Darth Tyranus and Darth Maul both seemed overly calm. They were intense but not...untame. I do think the Emperor eats up every moment though, he takes gratuitous and perverse and gratuitously perverse pleasure in fighting in a way that I think the Jedi would find abhorrent. Although I have to say certain Jedi, Mace Windu being the prime example, fight in a more openly hostile manner than Darth Tyranus and Darth Maul in my opinion. So I largely agree with you on that.

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    See, I still think he turns too quickly against Ventress because you'd think he'd have even more reason to fear/hate Dooku - Ventress went through all the same crap Savage did and he has to ask her "is it worth it?"

But in the end, I choose to believe that the "allegiance" he owes to Ventress is only there (a) because they're both from Dathomir, and (b) the 'magic' of the Nightsisters placed the allegiance there, so in his time of anger and desperation, the link to Ventress was broken.

12. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    All brawn, no brain. :p

13. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    Witches of the Mist was my favorite episode in the series so far, so I went with that one. IMO, it literally had everything.

14. Jedirockstar1138

Jedirockstar1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2011
    Overlords was so chock full of symbolism I had to choose it, but the finale was probably a close second.

15. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I agree, Savage's turn did feel a bit abrupt. However, if you take into account the fact that he was in a zombified mental state, that abrupt of a turn doesn't seem implausible.

I think Witches of the Mist may be replacing Nightsisters as my number two episode for this poll/thread... They're at least tied now. (No. 1 was Overlords.)

16. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Altar of Mortis got my vote, great tone, Anakin vs. Ashoka, Chase through the mountains, somebody actually being brought back from death(gives strength to Anakin?s choice in ep. 3), and overall Son is the best villain of the series IMHO.

I consider Altar of Mortis to be perhaps the very best episode of the series, closely followed by Witches of the Mist, Overlords and Ghosts of Mortis.

I thought s3.0 was horrible overall, I really cant fanthom that it was made by Star Wars fans. S3,5 contains the best 11 episodes of the series IMHO.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well i don't think Ahsoka "died" Daughter just neutralised the "dark side poison" preventing the ultimate death- in fact if she died it just ****s up the ROTS.....I don't see it so it would give any strength -Anakin obviously never have heard of cheating death before Plagueis story.....

18. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    That?s your opinion man.

My impression was that she was mostly dead. He was probably surprised in ep 3. because he didn?t know how a normal force user like himself could do it.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Considering the fact that Mortis was said to be something that may not even be 'real' in-universe- i don't think Ahsoka could've died there- it may have never happened in the physical world - i think they were all the time unconscious in the shuttle- and all was some kind of weird vision since when Mortis was destroyed they didn't go to shuttle yet they were there so shuttle never landed really on Mortis..... nah i don't think there is point in debating abiut that anymore -but we cannot say was she really dead before brought back to life i would say she was "dying" but not dead and she was meant to be saved it was part of the vision.....

20. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Which is exactly why what happened there is not directly related to the legend of Darth Plagueis the Wise "cheating death" as told by Darth Sidious to General Skywalker. [face_beatup]

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    In Anakin's mind it shouldn't be that different- then we should know what Anakin thought about that trip did he consider it vision or what......

22. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I think it's better how they did it, left up to interpretation.

23. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I honestly loved every single episode of the second half... except for the Altar of Mortis.

I honestly think the scene with Anakin talking to the vision of Shmi was the strongest moment TCW has offered us so far.

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Except Matt Latner's monotone voice during that scene..

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If Matt's Anakin is monotone, then I don't know what to say of Hayden's Anakin.