main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your highlight of celebration V

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Matt_Jedi, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Jedi

Matt_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2004
    So what was everyone's favorite part of Star Wars Celebration? Was it meeting the celebrities? Finding that long sought after collectable? Finally seeing George Lucas?

My favorite bit was this:

We weren't sure if we were going to make it to the main event or not. I live in Orlando, and we have pets that we can't leave alone forever to wait in line. We finally decided at the last minute to at least try to see it.

We arrived at 11am, when the event was just starting. We were able to get into one of the rooms with the video screens to see the interview. This in itself was exciting. But what happened next took the cake.

When Jon Stewart said 'This question comes from Matt in Orlando, Florida...", I thought it was funny that another guy named Matt in Orlando asked a question. When he started asking it, I realized, THAT'S MY QUESTION!! Jon Stewart only asked a few questions to GL, and one of them was the one I submitted. That completely made my day!

So what else happened that made you time great?

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Meeting Warwick Davis and having him sign my Willow dvd.

Also, meeting Joey Fatone and watching him geek out in the 501st room with his daughter.

3. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    Just being able to be there was awesome in itself! I was glad I was able to share the Celebration experience with my 7-year-old daughter. My highlight was meeting Mark Hamill and shaking his hand. Her highlight was hugging every R2 Unit she saw! Thanks to all who worked so hard to put this all together. =D=

4. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    My highlight was the George Lucas interview, with Hamill and Fisher showing up, and including the line before it. Sure it was an uncomfortable wait during which I got no sleep, but a fun thing to experience...once.

5. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Mine was definitely seeing George Lucas in the Celebration Store Friday morning before it opened. That was the ultimate highlight for me, but there were so many others, it was pretty much 4 days worth of highlights.

Ohhh...almost forgot one of my favorite moments...Watching Sex Wing Fighter sing the Ewok Celebration Yub Dub song while a Slave Leia belly danced with a hula hoop at the Fanforce party!

6. LordStarwalker

LordStarwalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2010
    OK it has to be meeting and speaking with Mark Hamill. Not only did he sign the phrase "May the Force be with you" above his autograph, but he also turned into the Joker for like 2 to 3 seconds for us!

I had said to Mark, "Please, please don't stop doing the Joker Mark. We love it and really enjoyed it in Arkham Asylum." Mark's response to this was to go into the Joker voice for a brief moment and let out a scary crazy cackle-laugh and for a second... it appeared that everyone in the booth freaked out (especially me).

In my final words with Mark Hamill, I said, "We can't wait to play Arkham Asylum 2!". Then Mark said "I'm working on it right now!" I left that booth so freaking giddy! Wooo hoooooooooo!

*Fist pump*
    *Fist pump*

Hell yea, best Celebration (and first Star Wars con) ever! :D

7. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    I loved the whole CV... My favorite moment was at the Disney shows. Seeing Indy and Han Solo together. It was just awesome. Meet a lot of great people. It was blast. My only question is where will the host the next convention? I can't wait.

I totally love my new wampa doll and Jedi mickey.

8. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I posted this on another thread before seeing this one:

What my wife and I will remember the most is two different events, 1) getting on the elevator at the Peabody and Dave Filoni being on board. We had a conversation with him until we parted in the lobby and 2) waiting on our car at the Peabody on Sunday and Mark and Nathan Hamill loading their car and Mark started a conversation with us. I was holding the box with the TK helmet and he ask me what was in it so I set down it down and opened it. We talked about the auction, the con and he wished us a safe trip home. Still in shock about it.

9. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    The blonde slave leia in the mezzanine for the Saturday 2:00pm one man SW Trilogy.

If I could freeze you in carbonite, I'd hang you on the wall and watch that impressive booty instead of the TV.

10. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    Loved meeting the actors and getting their signatures, and also seeing all the talented artists in the art show area.

11. CurlyHayami

CurlyHayami Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    Holy cow, quote of the century.[face_laugh]

A kind of oft-highlight(non SW related) for me is when the Clone Wars voice actors came out during that line for GL outside. I don't watch the CW so I didn't know names, but when I found out the guy does Clause in American Dad I actually got to shake his hand and say, "I love you as Clause." My friend filmed us and of course he went into the Clause voice, of which I could not stop freaking laughing. Definitely softened laying on the concrete (well not LITERALLY softened-ha).

12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    For me meeting all the JC'ers and JCC'ers this week. And the TF.N party, it's been a blast and I can't wait for the next one.

13. bback

bback Jedi Knight

Aug 17, 2010
    Probably starting off adamantly not wanting to do the last tour to endor,
    then becoming slightly interested when Steve Sansweet said "Indiana Jones and the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom" during his panel on Day 1,
    then becoming very interested and excited when the people I was next to in line for Mark Hamill were explaining how much fun it would be,
    then immediately buying my ticket after Mark's panel,
    then being so excited to watch the padawans fight back Asajj and Vader (while wondering how Ahsoka and Vader can exist at the same time),
    then peeing my pants watching the stunt show,
    then laughing and hollering and dancing during the hyperspace hoopla (which I also went into thinking it would be stupid),
    then crying a little during the actual star tours ride.

Also, everything else.

14. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    wow. that's gross.

15. MightyMass

MightyMass Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2009
    Dave Filoni and Ben Burtt were both absolutely as great as I hoped they would be, so that was cool. I also got to see Anthony Daniels a few times, and that was cool as well.

However, I think the biggest highlight was just the fans in general. All of the people gathered in one spot with the specific purpose of geeking out over Star Wars. It was great, and I loved the feeling of community amongst fans.

I look forward to CVI.

Matt

16. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Hate to wimp out and go with a double answer but...
    -The Lucas interview, overnight lineup included
    -Meeting so many cool people from here in person

17. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Celebrating with friends new and old! :D That makes any convention that much better. Hamming it up with Jan Duursema and John Jackson Miller at the TFN party wasn't too shabby, either.

Also, since the party reminded me, the official Celebration drink. Yay booze. :p

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    -Meeting Mark Hamill twice throughout the weekend and upon seeing him the second time he looks at me and goes, "Hey, I remember you!" I was too star-struck at the time to say anything but inside I was silently going, "YES!"

-The whole Last Tour to Endor event. It was simply amazing and well worth the admission price. It was great to hang out with fellow JCers at the event and seeing everything that Disney had to offer.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Meeting everyone I knew already and everyone I'd known but never met combined with then meeting people I never knew existed and how awesome they are.

20. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Mine were,
    Star wars action news Party,
    Seeing the Forcecast taping live on Thursday.
    The main event
    The main fan hall.
    The hole Orlando experance.
    Seeing so many brothers and sisters all in one place .

21. Vayder

Vayder Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2010
    I am so jealous...I was excited to meet and shake hands with Jeremy Bulloch in our hotel lobby....I can't imagine how I would have reacted if this had happened to me.....AWESOME STUFF !!!

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    For me, meeting/hanging out with people who are all kinds of awesome! :D

But also, watching Aaron Allston face palm!

23. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I can't even believe I forgot to mention the Mark Hamill panel! Definitely a lot of fun. :D

I also saw Anthony Daniels several places throughout the con and on International Dr. I don't know if it's because people don't automatically recognize who it is sans costume or what, but every time he was wandering around taking everything in almost completely unaccompanied and unnoticed. The first time he came up right next to my party at the Dark Horse booth and glanced around. I said hi and he looked up and smiled before moving on to the next booth. Fun times.

24. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Reconnecting with people from events past, and meeting new people and making new memories for recollection during future events...:) (I think I just crossed a space/time continuum there somewhere...:p

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well, I know at least *I* will never forget Halloween now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.