main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Your thoughts on the new 'Clone War' Trailer

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    First off, if anyone missed the trailer last night, you can grab the file at www.apple.com/trailers/ .

The new trailer definitely had alot more action than previous ones. It also was cool that they had close up shots of the clonetroopers in action and also having the Jedi battle scene in the arena. Also, I'm already excited with Christopher Lee's character. He just seems like a cool, evil guy, not like the silent, quick-exiting Darth Maul. What left me dissapointed was Yoda. Maybe I'm too used to the puppet from the original trilogy but he looks soo fake. Maybe it's just me. All in all, I'm REALLY hyped for this movie!!

Mark

2. Octavya

Octavya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 1998
    Yeah! I watched it several times. Lots of action, romance, drama, destruction, salvation...all wrapped into one big, fun film.

I loved the scene where Anakin jumps out of the little ship into the oncoming traffic below. wahoo!

I think the whole movie will be very entertaining.

-Oct

3. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I thought it was really amazing and exciting. I think the action scenes are what really got me hooked to the trailer and even more excited about the movie.
    Vintage Star Wars all the way!

4. w_sasso_mdtv

w_sasso_mdtv Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2002
    I thought the trailer rocked. I've seen it over a dozen times and it's still impossible for me to take it all in. There's just so much going on. The story seems very complex as well, which is great. The acting is still a bit iffy with some of the lines feeling forced. At first glance, though, the acting appears to be a bit better than in Ep. 1. I still don't like the "m'lady" crap. It sucked in the Forbidden Love trailer and it sucks here as well. One thing I didn't like about the trailer was the music. The music itself is great, but it doesn't fit with the trailer. It doesn't give it the dark, menacing tone that I was hoping for. It makes it seem too bright and cheerful. "Dual of the Fates" would have much more fitting, or the "Imperial March". Besides that, everything looked great. The special effects were totally convincing, and the sabre duel between Anakin and Dooku looks extrememly promising. Hopefully, this won't be a mixed bag as Ep. 1 was.

5. BojTrek

BojTrek Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2002
    I am looking forward to the movie... actually now that the DVD trailer is released to everyone on starwars.com... I like that one better than this one...

With Obi-Wan jumping out of the window... that looked cool...

I am anticipating this movie, but not excited as Episode I... maybe cuz I was let down...

I hope that the story is better this time around...

6. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    What got me was all the different contraptions lumbering around in that huge battle scene. I loved the retro Flash Gordon/War of the Worlds look to those things. And of course the influences of the Joe Johnston/Ralph Macquarie designs with the Star Destroyer type vehicles and the AT-AT precursors. I think the only thing I don't like the design for are the clone troopers. They look too much like stormtroopers. I was hoping for something that resembled stormtroopers but in a less armored way. Something like an army of Boba Fetts with stormtrooper type faces. But hell, I still think they're pretty damn cool.

7. TornJedi

TornJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    My draw dropped open the whole time!
    There was so much going on!
    This movie is gonna RAWK!
    Not sure about the "m'lady"...you're
    right it may end up being annoying and
    just not fit.
    I liked the clonetroopers...and Christopher
    Lee's scene just sent chills down my
    back...Christopher Lee is still amazing!
    And yes, I LOVED the Flash Gordon/War
    of the Worlds retro look and the Ralph
    Macquarie designs...I can't recall any of
    Joe Johnston's designs though to comment
    on that...sorry.
    And, um, does Palpy's voice just send chills
    down your spine like it did for me? As soon
    as I heard him speak, I froze. Damn, he's
    creapy! LOL! I wanted to yell out to
    Anakin "Stay away from him!". LOL!
    And, it looks very, very bad for the Jedi.
    It's gonna be a bigger slaughter than I
    ever thought it would be. EEK!
    TJ

8. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    Joe Johnston did conceptual sketches for ANH and ESB and I think ROTJ. He designed lots of the spaceships and Death Star surfaces in tandem with McQuarie. Johnston's designs are very technical in nature and if you can find it, The Empire Strikes Back Sketchbook features his work prominently.

He is also credited as the man who designed Boba Fett's armor.

9. TornJedi

TornJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    Thanks for the info! I'll have to look
    and see if I have any of his work in
    my SW collection...
    TJ

10. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    i really enjoyed the trailer. smart to have the last trailer really focus on the action...certainly got me pumped.

i'm still nervous as for me, TPM was such a huge let-down. but hey, maybe this one will pull it off. i really, really hope so.

don't get me angry, lucas. you wouldn't like me when i'm...angry.

matt

11. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I just went and saw the trailer on the big screen!! I would have to say it was AWESOME!! Even though I saw a dozen times on the boob tube and the web the experience on the big screen blew my mind. Ice Age wasn't bad but the trailer was a must see. I am more anxious now than ever to this film.

JediLars

12. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    I took in Ice Age last night as well. The trailer is unbelievable. There is so much stuff to try and take in. I think about 10 screenings of Ep 2 should be enough to see everything. Then again, maybe not.

May 16th seems such a long way from here.

13. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Loved it!!! Went to see Ice Age (which in my opinion KICKED @$$) and watching the trailer in the BIG SCREEN was AWESOME!!!

14. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    AMC 30 in barrington is playing it in front of Ice Age in the Digital Projection theater!!! It frikin rocked!

15. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I've seen the new trailer twice now on the big screen. I liked it so much, I want to see it again! The little monitor size version just doesn't do it for me.

I too am very apprehensive. The trailers have got me so jazzed up, but at the same time, my gut keeps saying "remember Episode I" which I really found disappointing. So I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

About the m'lady issue. For me that is genuine Star Wars. It follows along completely in the style of the original trilogy, where you had your scandalous rogues, dastardly villains, and of course your chivalrous heroes! Much of the success of the OT was due to the echoes of other genres that it evoked. IMHO, it fits perfect.

16. madchimp

madchimp Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    That trailer over all kicked a$$!! I thought it rocked. A few of the computer effects looked a little shaky, but all in all I am pretty hyped---like the rest of you, E1 is still lingering in my mind. And I do have to agree, some of the dialouge seems a bit forced, although the m'lady stuff I though was pretty cool---it was the banter between Obi Wan and Anakin that sounded more forced at times. BUT---THE STORY SEEMS AWESOME!! IT WILL STILL ROCK ANYWAY!!!!

Rich

17. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    Yeah, I don't see what the difference is between "Milady" and "Your Highness". Anakin was speaking to Padme with someone else standing there so maybe he felt, out of respect he should refer to her formally.

18. Octavya

Octavya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 1998
    I want one of those floatie chairs like Yoda has. I'd soar high above everyone else on the road and not sit in Chicago traffic! [face_devil]

-Oct

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.