main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Version of the OT if it wasn't made

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DARK_HELMET_05, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EndorRebelScum

EndorRebelScum Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Why would they pay taxes? The Empire has hardly any buisness on Tatooine

2. reddevilsman

reddevilsman Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2004
    I'd keep the basc storylines of all three the same but i'd vastly improve the battle scenes and the lightsaber fights.

When you look at the PT with all the different types of clonetroopers (denoted by their colour etc) and how elite and effective they are it makes the stormtroopers in the OT look inept and amateur which doesn't make sense. Why would an elite organisation descend in ability just when they've been given the time to flurish?

The battles could all be vastly expanded, there's no size to them when you see the PT! They look small and more like scuffles!

And yeah, i don't hate the ewoks, i don't mind them at all really, when i was a kid i wanted to find them in every local forrest but as adult taking it seriuosly that the could overwhelm the clones/stormtroopers? No way.

I would have soo many different species from different planets that have been under Imperial rule coming to the aid of the Rebels on Endor and along with the Ewoks, turn the tide. The Ewoks could still play an important role, but it'd be more believable alongside armies of wookies etc!

3. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Exar Kun was one crappy character.... apparantly, his apprentice is just as annoying.

I'd leave the OT the way it is, just with better fx.

4. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

My version of the OT would be the original version before it was altered. Then they would be properly numbered 1, 2, and 3 and left as historical classics.

5. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Interesting Neo. Just like a good version of the Matrix is just the first film... And a good version of LOTR is just the book.

6. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003

If that is your personal take on those films, yes. But if LOTR had remained a book, it wouldnt have got those cool little Oscar thingies.

7. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Not impressed with outside recognition.

8. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003
    What are you impressed with, Sir? And is there something you want to get off your chest? I do believe it was you who commented on my post which is merely participation with the thread topic.

What, you dont like what I posted and figured a feeble crack at the movies in which my username is based would get to me? I laugh at you loudly.

So tell me, what are you IMPRESSED with? I'm waiting.

9. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    I would just improve the saber fights and add many more CG effects to jive better with the PT. Oh and I would have Jar Jar die on the Tantive during the opening fight in IV.

10. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Neo: lately, I've been impressed with the way the PT is shaping up. All weird plot elements suddenly seem to have a reason.
    As it is, I just can't understand why you would want to glorify the OT in such a way that the PT is once again rendered worthless... If you do feel that way, why do you wander around on a PT board?
    I might just be mistaken about your motivations.

11. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003
    "I just can't understand why you would want to glorify the OT in such a way that the PT is once again rendered worthless... If you do feel that way, why do you wander around on a PT board?
    I might just be mistaken about your motivations."

I guess you are. Because there is no way possible that all of that could be gathered from my post. There is no "glorification" nor pointing out of "worth" or the lack of in my post you made your comment to. There is a reason why I said what I said.

12. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Although I grew up on the OT, I find myself enjoying the PT more and more.

13. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    So.. do you like the PT or don't you?

14. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003

Yeah, I like it.

15. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Then why would you want the OT to be changed into 1, 2, and 3?

16. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003
    Because if given the choice, I cant miss what I never had. I wouldnt have to wonder why Hayden is Anakins ghost or why Ben and Beru speak to Luke about Anakin from a personal point of veiw yet didnt even know the man. I wouldnt have to be disappointed with seeing the Jedi for the first time as they looked hand-picked off the street and given lightsabers. Given the choice, I could have continued with the thought that no more movies would be made. Im entertained by the PT and I am having fun with it because it is here, but it would be closer to perfection if it were just the three. Less range of dislikes. Six films gives a lot of room for sputtering. Thats why I said what I said. The question is hypothetical.

Now, I wasnt sure if the author meant that the PT already existed, and that the OT would be made as you wished. If thats the case I will say this- If the PT was my first introduction to STARWARS and it was up to me to do the last three, I would **** it up hands down. I wouldnt know where to go. It just cant be done that way. Even hypothetically. Its better to just say leave the films as they were.

Oh yeah. If it was just the OT I would replace the Ewoks with Wookies.

17. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    I see Neo... We both interpreted the question differently. Apologies for misinterpreting you accordingly.

18. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003

No prob. My gripes with the films are typical, stuff youv heard before. Stuff that doesnt keep me from being entertained or having fun with the movies. Im sure I will like this film the best out of the three easily.

19. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Heh, yeah in the end we're all the same.

20. Disco1999

Disco1999 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    I'd crank up the light-saber action a notch... and turn the finale into a Luke v Vader and then Luke v Sidious fight ;)

Disco realises he's turned into a geek

EDIT - OOOOooooo, and in a mirror to the Mace fight, Luke and Sidious are at a stalemate and Sidious calls on Vader to finish Luke.... who strikes down Sidious instead.

Genius ;)

21. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Superwatto realizes he's turned into a hippy

22. The_Little_Red_Jedi

The_Little_Red_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I always liked the idea of having closure to the PT at the end of ROTJ too. I don't know how, maybe just a line of dialogue would close things up. A mention of Padmé, or something.

Anyway, this topic should NOT be moved because the discussion could easily involve Episode III spoilers....

23. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    Remember guys, the OT is holy and perfect and untouchable, and nothing should be changed. That's blasphemous.

That is an absolutely ridiculous comment. The duel in ANH is horrible and definitely should be re-done. As are every blaster effect(in ANH) and saber in the OT. Not to mention the trench run in ANH needs some major work.

24. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Jedi Master star 2

May 18, 2004
    There's a few things I'd change, personally.

First, I'd make it a 1 Death Star saga. I'd either destroy it at the end of IV and have the big battle at the end of RotJ on/over Coruscant, OR, move the whole Death Star battle to the end of RotJ. I always felt like the 2nd Death Star was a bit redundant. This would, of course, take Endor (and the Ewoks) out of the picture.

Second, I'd also find a way to keep Vader's identity a secret until the end of ESB. I'm not sure that I like how they reveal the whole story of the "I am your father" twist in Episode 3.

Third, after hearing how Mace goes down, I'd change the ending of RotJ to have a lightsaber fight with Luke vs. Sidious, AFTER he beats Vader. This would be instead of the lightning thing, which has been done to death in the PT. Vader would watch a vicious fight between 2 powerful swordsmen, and then intervene on Luke's behalf, using a spare saber that Palpy keeeps hidden in the throne room.

Fourth, Luke would have more Jedi training scenes with Yoda. The "seven pieces" scene would still be awesome to have seen.

I'd also change the PT around some.
    -Anakin would NOT come from Tattooine. He'd be a teenage Youngling on Coruscant, who was a pilot, and growing to be a powerful Jedi. Qui Gon wouldn't be his teacher, just Obi Wan and the rest of the Jedi faculty.

-Jar Jar would be a representative from Naboo, second to Padme, not the goofy Jar Jar from Episode 1.

Basically, I'd make Episode II Episode 1, and make Episode III Episode 2, as an all Clone-War/love story, with Anankin getting darker and DYING at the end. Episode 3 would be a new Sith Lord, Darth Vader (in the suit, and with no obvious connection to Anakin) "hunting down and destroying the Jedi Knights."
    and the rise of the Empire.

25. Darthoffski

Darthoffski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    You can either have 'I am your father' or you can portray Anakin's turn to the dark side. In which case, you either want all six or you want the OT. You cannot possibly portray Anakin's fall and preserve the surprise. In fact, you can't have Anakin Skywalker at all and preserve the surprise that he is the father of Luke Skywalker. And changing Luke's name wouldn't work.

Not if Luke is to fulfil what is now a thematic function, that of keeping his father's name alive.

In the big scheme of things, 'I am your father' is now about 'what will it do to luke when he finds out the truth' not a twist.

If the OT wasn't already made, and if Lucas could get away with ROTS being as dark as it is without the compensating factor of the outcome already there to see, then the OT would never drop below PG13. At least, not without a similar TPM backlash about the story being 'kiddified'. So, basically, I feel eps 1-3 made now would be broadly the same, but considerably darker, with the between the lines darkness more obvious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.