main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CARDS Yu-gi-oh! The Trading Card Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 23, 2012.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone else playing this on these fair boards?

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have a few decks and lots of extra cards, but I have been out of the collecting game for a while now.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Cool! I play once a fortnight, but otherwise not much. Playing more than casually burns cash and burns a lot of it.

4. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed.

5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    What deck did you like best? Mine is a Nordic/Malefic cross. Annoys the sin out of people (no pun intended).

6. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    My main deck is a Blue-Eyes deck, though I still need a few things. I also have both LV Dragon sets, Horus the Black Flame Dragon and Armed Dragon, and the Dragon Lords, though again I still need a few things. I also have a few other decks including a Warrior deck and an Insect Queen/Ultimate Insect deck.

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Good old Blue-Eyes. Master of Dragon Soldier was recently reprinted, so I have every intention of building that deck, complete with Blue-Eyes, Black Luster Soldier (the Ritual), and the like.

8. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I need Dragon Master Knight, along with White Stone of Legend and Kaibaman, for my Blue-Eyes deck. I was extremely lucky in that I got Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon when I saw Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light.

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, Legendary Collection 3 reprinted practically everything from the first Yugioh series, including a printing of a legal Seal of Orichalcos!

10. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I am going to have to get some of those reprint packs at some point.

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd recommend it. Not sure if you've been keeping up, but we have a few new mechanics since GX ended; synchro summons and Xyz summons. Oh, and Ritual monsters made a short-lived comeback!

12. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I have been keeping an eye on the mechanics via the wiki. Synchro monsters look interesting, particularly Stardust Dragon and the other Signer Dragons.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Synchro is more fun than Xyz, as a mechanic, to be honest, but Xyz is easier. Summon two monsters with the same level = Xyz. Gives old decks like Crystal Beasts and Gravekeepers a lot more options.

5Ds, the series which introduced Synchro's, is also miles better than ZeXal, which has introduced Xyz's,

14. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Dragons are very much my thing, so cards like White Stone of Legend and Stardust Dragon seem like the best cards to improve my deck at this point.

They keep finding ways to keep old decks alive.

They sure keep saying the current series at the time is going to be the last one, but then they come out with another one. I definitely want to watch GX and 5D's, in addition to the conclusion to Yu-Gi-Oh!, at some point.

15. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    How stupid of me, its The White Stone of Legend.

16. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Wow, I didn't know people still played this game. :p I still have all my old cards and decks, but no one to play with. :(

Sinrebirth and Zeta1127 like this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    There is also a spell card which allows you to discard a Dragon tuner and draw two cards; by discarding Stone, you get to add a Blue Eyes to your hand on top of drawing two. Very good.

But Future Fusion has been banned, so that sucks.

Chaos Dragons were very good a few months ago, largely because the formerly banned card Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, was brought back(!)

18. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I have heard of that spell card, Cards of Consonance, which has The White Stone of Legend in its artwork. I can definitely see some more possibilities with things like Synchro and Tuner monsters.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And there are a lot of Dragon Synchro monsters. A lot of a lot,

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Ack, all of the old strategies that I used 6-7 years ago are pretty much gone. I wouldn't even know where to begin with all of the Synchro monsters/fusion monsters, frankly. [face_laugh]

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, old decks like Gravekeepers and Heros are still very good.

But yeah, we've had two new game mechanics since then :p

22. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    No kidding on the Dragon Synchros, between the Signer Dragons and many others, there are indeed a lot.

23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I played this YEARS ago, haven't really payed any attention since. Dragon Deck back when I did play...though I went for Red-Eyes as opposed to Blue-Eyes (Darkness Dragon GO!!!).:p

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    My deck never had a theme; I just tossed whatever good cards I had at the time into a deck and played with it. :p

The Elemental Hero cards, Sinre? Man, I remember going to the Preview event for the first set with those guys. And I thought they were weird already because they had all the crazy attribute effects. That's how much the game has changed since I last played regularly.

25. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Currently creating a custom Avatar the Last Airbender themed deck. Never really played the game or had any cards, but did watch the show quite a bit.