main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yuuzhan Vong vs SIth

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Kiryan, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Yes, it may be an endless debate, but i wonder what your feelings are, if the New Jedi Order Books could have withstood a Sith menace substituted instead of the Yuuzhan Vong?
    Specifically because of the recent Old Republic release, even the Lost Tribe of Sith or the One Sith? If any one of these would have returned at the time of the NJO books, would it have made a far better set of novels instead of what type of EU fiction we have now?

2. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    I think that there wouldn't have been nearly as much collateral damage, first of all. The Sith would have no reason to destroy an entire planet such as Ithor. Chewie would most likely still be alive, considering no moon would have landed on him. Judging by how Luke has handled the Sith in the FoTJ series (I'm almost finished, no spoilers please), they wouldn't stand much of a chance. It could also be said that fighting the Vong made the NJO better fighters, as they weren't able to rely on the Force to guide them in their fights.

But I believe that if the Lost Tribe would have come back, they would have been wiped out fairly easily. The New Republic was heavily in favor of the Jedi at that time, and the Lost Tribe weren't nearly as numerous as the Vong.

3. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I agree with the above. You could make an argument for the other Sith faction out there that we've seen little of so far. But there's really no way to be sure of their actual strength and ability. But the simple fact is, Jedi are good at fighting Sith outright. Sith are good at it too, but they do eventually turn to backstabbing. Ruusan anyone? And again you can make an argument of "New Sith, New Rules." To which I would respond, "Garbage." Yuuzhan Vong were something new, with new rules, and with a lot of technology very heavily stacked agains the Jedi and the republic.

4. Black Sun 4 Life

Black Sun 4 Life Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2012
    I like the Vong wery much. The galaxay needed a different kind of villain.

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    sith wouldn't have caused as many problems because it would have been old hat. and they could be sensed in the force, and had the force used on them. that was the vong's main strength, that they couldn't be touched by the force. that and their tech was so freaking different that no one had a clue how to deal with it. it was far more interesting to watch people struggle to deal with something they fundamentally couldn't understand because it was so different from everything else in that galaxy.

as to would it have been a better series... totally depends on what the writers did, and the quality of their writing. that is not really something that we can debate because there's really no footing on which to debate it.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  6. Black Sun 4 Life

Black Sun 4 Life Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2012
    We got that in Knight Errant, but i am still happy about the Vong. Those sith are CRAZY!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.