main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zam Wessell costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jango_Wes, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango_Wes

Jango_Wes Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2002
    I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm looking for someone who sells the components to Zam's costume. The Prop Palace offers them, but: 1. They don't have photos posted; 2. They can't or won't send pics citing that they are made as they are ordered; 3. They are in the Phillipines. No real recourse if I get hosed over. Any suggestions?

Wes

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, there is something with The Prop Palace that got many people against it. :\

Anyhow, I recommand you pop over to Zam Wesell Forum and read through the threads for some hints on who can help you in "making" those stuffs. They are VERY reliable and you can see it on a person/s. ;)

3. Jango_Wes

Jango_Wes Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2002
    Thanks for the info. I have been at the Zam forum for 2 days now, scouring the posts. Some of the stuff I can do, leather skirt, chest stuff, vest, but the helmet, gauntlets and other "hard" peices I just don't have the talent to pull off.

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Try "The Wookie". ;)

5. Jango_Wes

Jango_Wes Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2002
    Is his email posted on the Zam forum or do you have any contact info on him?
    You can email me direct at wesclone@aol.com
    Thanks!

6. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    talk to kimncris on the RPF/TDH. She has the costume most people are familiar with.

7. Jet_Vega

Jet_Vega Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2001
    It's going to take some effort, Zam's is a pretty hard costume (in ways it even rivals Boba's and Jango's if you're going for something pretty accurate). I personally haven't gotten mine finished (not even close actually) but I have found some good information, especially on the Zam forum. The material for the suit in the movie was lycra over neoprene- now you can find that but its difficult and it doesn't really dye well (lycra I've heard is alright but neoprene is basically like foam rubber) and alot of people make their own suit but if you're not good with sewing (like me) one alternative would be to find a white lycra wetsuit (or ski pants and a top) and dye it. As for the helmet- the ones I've seen have been custom made but I did see an antique helmet at Disney World that was downright close to the real thing (I haven't found what it actually is yet).

-Jet Vega

8. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    There is a set of Zam gauntlets on ebay right now that look good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.