main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    On IGN they said Nintendo is going to make another announcement just concerning 3DS (yesterday's announcement was Wii U only), so keep your eyes/ears peeled. Personally, I'm not a fan of Majora's Mask but to each his own.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Didn't they say that, if an MM update was to be released, it wouldn't happen until after an original 3DS title came out?

3. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Looking forwarding to coming home and finding Hyrule Historia on my front porch tomorrow...err, well, 5 PM today.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
  5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Mine just shipped today. It needs to hurry the hell up!

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I know!! It must hurrrrrry!!!

Currently listening to NWR's Radio Free Nintendo's retroactive discussion on Majora's Mask. I hope we'll get a remake of that down the track for the 3DS to accompany OoT 3D... but more importantly, I want the Oracle of Ages/Seasons games on the VC as I never got a chance to play them.

Jedi_Dajuan likes this.
  7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    All of the handheld games on the VC would rock. I've never had a handheld system so I've never gotten to play any of them.

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Agreed, it be great to have access to ALL of the official titles in the series. I wonder if Nintendo will bring them out on the Wii U VC since they had announced GBA games will be coming and Minish Cap is a no brainer for that service.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Pfft. I'll be playing those one day on the actual handhelds, thank you very much. ;)

Seriously, though- if the GBA inclusion is based on the GBA Player for GCN, then I believe GBC titles should be feasible.

I've given up on trying to find a collector's edition of HH (seems all pre orders are sold out but I never saw one available to begin with). However, I don't get paid till friday so i'll probably have to wait a bit before I order, alas.

10. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    With the Wii U, essentially we are playing a giant DS, so I would hope that Nintendo releases and capitalizes on that by releasing some DS titles on their virtual console.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't see that happening until the next handheld comes out- they don't want to canabalize DS backwards compatibility sales.

DS VC on 3DS I could see, though.

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    You definitely have a point. Nintendo wouldn't want to shoot themselves in the foot.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That said, Nintendo DID release the GBA player back in the day when GBA was still a new/active platform... Maybe some kind of 3DS Player add-on for Wii U would be feasible, using a TV and Gamepad combo...

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That could be possible... some games for the Wii U (Assassin's Creed III comes to mind) are able to be played in 3D if you have the right tools...

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    So anybody else get their copy of the Historia yet? It... is... magnificent. Most of the information was translated a while ago (like the diverging timelines after OoT), but still, its very nice to actually have a physical copy in hand, as well as seeing other little tidbits or speculation or hints (like noting that the Timeshift stones and the later Ocarina are the same color and possibly the same material... which most fans probably already noticed long ago, but I'm only a minor fan).

The green hardcover book (heard there was an even more special version but never seen it up for pre-order in most places) has a nice weight to it, quality pages with tons of excellent artwork. There's even a prequel manga (I think?) at the back based on Skyward Sword. Got to get around to finishing that game someday, just wish my TV hadn't broken. And debating whether to finish it on the Wii or the Wii U, still thinking about whether to transfer everything over or not.

It would be nice to see Oracle of Ages and Seasons on Virtual Console someday, although not sure how they would handle the link capability. I never played those games, but I think I heard good things about them (I think Capcom developed them?). Just was reminded of those when reading through the book. Well, with Wind Waker coming this year, that'll be more than enough to occupy most people too.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    IIRC, the Oracles were linked via a PW system, so that's be pretty simple to carry over.

17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Whoops, you're right, it was probably a password system. For some reason I thought a link cable was involved, but that was probably another series of games (though I never played the Oracle games, the Game Boy Color remains one of my favorite systems). Probably too many Pokemon memories.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I can't remember where I have heard it but wasn't the Oracle games meant to be as a whole but because there wasn't enough room on the cartridge, they had to split it into two games? If that is the case... I wonder if they would combine it as one in a future re/release

EDIT: I haven't got my Hyrule Historia yet, I know it's on the way though and am hoping it be on my front door either this arvo or tomorrow.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, what happened was the Oracle games were originally the Triforce Trilogy: remakes of Zelda 1 (The Mystical Seed of Wisdom) and Zelda 2 (The Mystical Seed of Courage, which would have been themed around changes in color), along with a 3rd, original game (The Mystical Seed of Power). And all three were going to be linked by a PW system.

However, the 3-game PW system ended up being too complicated to implement, so they cancelled the Zelda 2 remake, the Zelda 1 remake became Oracle of Seasons (thus why all the dungeon bosses are the same Z1 bosses) and the original game became Oracle of Ages.

(I might have the Seeds of Power & Wisdom titles reversed, I'm uncertain which is which)

20. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The2ndQuest, I never knew that. That's pretty interesting. I heard that Link's Awakening was supposed to be an "A Link to the Past" remake, but then it became a new game, which I'm happy it did.

@Nobody145, you are correct. It is magnificent and it's great to have a physical copy. I remember hearing about the Ocarina thing before, but the book reminded me and it made me smile. I definitely look forward to taking a closer look and reading each little tidbit after just paging through it. I highly recommend it for any Zelda fan, minor to major!

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Mine finally arrived! I decided to read it at the gym:
    [​IMG]

The2ndQuest likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Given the pose, I almost feel you need to underlay some Fairy Fountain music and a Great Fairy laugh or two.

I think LA was supposed to be a port (unless that's splitting hairs?)- probably why they had the same character art and box art logo designs, but that was more recently revealed (probably from HH's japanese release, I'd imagine).

[​IMG]

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I would if I knew how. Lol.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Great Fairy Fountain music would be appropriate.

I went to the Symphony of the Goddesses last night and it was beautiful and brilliant! They must have rehearsed the Song of Storms before hand as we were hit with a storm but thankfully it eased up before the performance started and I didn't get wet. They even made a joke about that too and quite a few people laughed when that tune popped up. The only thing that felt missing was music relating to Skyward Sword but that did get a brief reference during the Overture. I got to hear the Ballad of the Wind Fish in it's splendour and Majora's Mask fans weren't forgotten either. Had a wonderful night, I wish it was longer. During the interval, I picked up a T-Shirt and poster. The poster is of the Hylian symbol with the Triforce in a stormy sky...

Courtesy of the Google search engine... here's what they looks like (this image doesn't do the poster justice, much more impressive in person):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All I need is for my Hyrule Historia to arrive and I'll be set. It has been shipped, I've got the email, probably because they have to import it is why it's been late getting to me.

Jedi_Dajuan likes this.
  25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I can't remember if this has been posted but Theophany had released 'Disc 1' of "Time's End", a tribute to Majora's Mask.

From what I've heard so far, it's really well done. I've lost track of how many times I've had the 'Clocktown' track on repeat but I should continue on to give the other tracks a go.