main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary 1/2 Price tickets to One-Man Star Wars Trilogy at Center Stage

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by samzmom, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samzmom

samzmom Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2008
    I've been a lurker here, but joined because I got an email offer I think people here might want to know about.

Center Stage in Baltimore is running Charlie Ross's show "One-Man Star Wars Trilogy" (it's there until December 21st, but I saw it last night) and they're offering 1/2 price tickets for Wednesday, December 10th and Thursday, December 11th. That makes the ticket price $14 (I paid $28 for last night). You need a promotion code, though: CSVADER. Use it either online (www.centerstage.org) or at the Box Office (410-332-0033). It's literally the three original movies condensed into one hour by one actor.

I saw the show last winter when it was at the Woolley Mammoth Theatre in Washington, DC and it's a hoot--particularly if you're a real fan and get all the references. The show runs about an hour and is okay for families (though the adults in the crowd enjoyed it even more than the kids. You can tell where we die-hard fans are because we get the jokes the casuals don't. I saw "A New Hope" in the movie theater 64 times (before it was "A New Hope"), so I could probably fill in for him if he got sick... They had the 501st there before and after the show, too. I'm seeing it again tonight because of the discount deal.

Center Stage is downtown, up by the Washington Monument(not by the Inner Harbor), so it's easy and cheap to park. Last night we had dinner at a pizza place up the street and walked down. It was fun and cheap. Hope some other fans can go so I'm not the only one laughing at how he nails General Ackbar's voice...

Barbara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.