main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO 2003 Chiefs Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by solojones, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So I was watching the Dolphins/Bills game on ESPN tonight (yes, of course I'm that big of a football fan :p) and the announcers were saying they definitely think the Chiefs could be the best team in the NFL right now :eek: Now, I have to say I would agree that I'm really excited about them so far. Of course it's never good to get cocky, so I won't. But this is definitely an interesting year :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I don't know if you noticed but the announcers said the said thing during the Chiefs game. There are still 13 more games and the Chiefs have won the first 4 before and still finished 8-8...The next few weeks will say a lot about the team. The Ravens, Denver, and the raiders I think and those will be tough wins period.

3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I don't listen to the TV announcers because they suck, instead I listen to Lenny on the radio ;) Yeah I know that they could go downhill and that they need to sustain, but the thing is that even those 4-0 teams weren't like this team. I've seen these guys and how they truly have something extra, something special this year that I've never seen in them before and that makes me the tiniest bit hopeful.

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    The Chiefs actually have good TV Announcers this year. I only listen Len when I'm in my car or there is a REALLY bad announcer. Len at times is so negative and I've met fair weather fans or are more forgiving than him.

5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    In my opinion, Lenny is fair. I'm someone who is more often very critical than easy in giving praise. Then the praise means more. So this year when Lenny says he really thinks someone has talent or that the team is doing well, it means even more for the Chiefs.

-sj loves kevin spacey

6. Priest-Holmes-Fan

Priest-Holmes-Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2003
    wow.. the chiefs... so... "good"... with obviously the "best" offense in the nfl! wow... so "good"

but ya know... 24 points in one game! must be a record...

too bad 7 had to come off a blown call by the refs, and another 7 came from sloppy play by denver...

so the chiefs did put up a good 10 points on their offense alone...

7. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Doesn't really sound like you are holding up on PtrsonsZOO's bet. I thought you were supposed to talk about how brilliantly the Chiefs played?

8. ILuvDanteHall

ILuvDanteHall Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2003
    the chiefs mustered 220 yards of offense. BRILLIANT!

priest holmes ran for 97 yards and no scores. BRILLIANT!

trent green threw for 120 yards and an interception. BRILLIANT!

the chiefs defense gave up 470 total yards. BRILLIANT!

[face_mischief] ;)

9. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    But at the end of the day they still got a hash mark in the W column.

10. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    LOL, denver has he SOREST losers in fans. "oh the refs won it for them! oh it was all luck!" give me a break guys, come up with something LEGITIMATE to whine about!

By the way, I'm the big bet winner ;)

11. ILuvDanteHall

ILuvDanteHall Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2003
    gloat all you want dragon boy, you won't be saying the same things come playoff time.

12. Laynel

Laynel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    Whatever I said earlier in this thread I take back. In one week I became a diehard Chiefs fan. It started with the game they played before the Broncos. I sat down with my brother and realized I understood what was going on. That was the beginning. I am now scaring myself. Sunday I hurt my throat yelling. It was a great game. :)

13. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    You don't have to understand to watch. My mom gets Football mixed with baseball all the time. Its quite funny sometimes.

14. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    6-0! It just keeps getting better...

15. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    Impressive win by the Chiefs, too bad that they will lose on next week on Monday Night Football.

16. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Not a chance :p

17. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    LMAO @ KC losing to Oakland next week!

Not gonna happen brother.

LOL, according to the Broncos fans today, the win today was of course AGAIN due entirely to luck. Broncos fans are starting to rival Raiders fans in my book.

18. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    The Chiefs are going to have a hard time with the Raiders. First its a Rivalry, and since the Chiefs are 6-0, makes the game even more exciting. I see the Chiefs droping there first one in Oakland, and if that happens, that will make my season.

GO RAIDERS!!!

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, the way things are going for both side, the Chiefs should win, obviously. However, the important thing is to keep your focus on the present game and never stop playing your hardest in these situations. However, I believe that they have done an excellent job of that this year. All I'm saying is, they'd better win Monday because losing would just be SAD.

-sj loves kevin spacey

20. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    I have school on Mon night so I can't watch the game! :(

21. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    I have school as well but I will get out at 8:45 so I won't miss that much. Also the Raiders are currently favored by 3.5. But then again the Packers were favored by 2.5. I have never really placed much faith in Vegas odds when it comes to the Chiefs. They can blow it at home and surprise you on the road. Either way this is going to be a interesting game. I think I and going to have to dig out my mini AM/FM radio and earbuds before class ;)

22. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    I don't get out of school till 10. :( Oh well. I'll hear all about it from my brother. :) Although, he thinks it's very easily a Chiefs win because the Raiders have only beaten "stinky" teams so far. We'll see. No matter who they play, I'm for the Chiefs all the way. :)

23. Lordstimpy

Apr 1, 2002
    I think pretty much all the teams stink after they play. But if you remember last year, the Raiders won 4 then lost four, and then killed Bronco's at Denver. Then they went to the Superbowl, if the Raiders win this game they will have the same record as last year.

24. Laynel

Apr 30, 2003
    Last year I had less than no interest in football. Therefore I now have to trust what my brother says about it. But I have to point out that the Chiefs have a much better record right now than 4-4. We are at 6-0 for the first time! That's gotta count for something. I don't know, I just can't go with the naysayers. People didn't think the Chiefs would win Sunday, but they did. I'm excited to see what happens. :)

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Home team advantage automatically gives a team, what, 3 points? I think the rest is because, even though the Raiders have been doing poorly, that might just make them mad enough to want to take it out on a division rival. We'll see. I'll be watching it in high definition :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.