main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2008 Saga Fanfic Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SagaFanficAwards, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    congrats to all winners=D==D==D=

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Couldn't be here for the ceremony. :( Just wanted to say congratulations to all the winners and to all the nominees! =D=

And many, many thanks to all the volunteers for all of their hard work! @};-

3. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Hey! This ceremony rocked! (Just finished reading through it--so sad I couldn't make it! :( ) I LOVED the song parodies. Serious talent right here with the volunteers. Thanks so much for making this a great event. Go JC fanfic forums!!!

To keep on the roll with exclamation marks, congrats to all you winners! K_A, I was delighted that you won Best Author. I've always been confident it would happen some day. Pieces of Air, speaking of your writing, was a thoughtful, keenly insightful exploration of grief that I found very moving. Congrats! :D Gina, I randomly found your NFILWAS just a few days ago, and it's an awesome epic. You go, Gabri. :) Simple Twist was simply amazing. Nice double win, Ish and L_P! Both fantastic OCs. Face, what can I say, you deserved it. :D If only for possessing the kind of mind that created Braken Starblaster...well, you deserve something. Not sure if it's a Golden Yoda or a lollipop or a jail sentence, but something. :D Yo, Jade_Pilot, heartiest congratulations on the kid Luke win! [:D]

I'm looking forward to having an exciting new reading list comprised of all the fics that won and were nommed this Awards season. Again, Congratulations, Valairy_Scot, The_Face, Gina, VaderLVR64, dianethx, Anakins_Favorite, Jaya Solo, Gabri_Jade, Alexis_Wingstar, Quigonjecca, Darth_Marrs, JediMasterRev, Knight_Aragorn, DarthIshtar, Luton_Plunder, Jade_Pilot, Idrelle_Miocovani, and the Kelia-Lily team!

Thank you so much for the votes, people. I know it's cheesy, but I am incredibly honored by the kind of response In Plain Sight has received. It has been a great experience for me, and I'm so happy that you've enjoyed it too. Thank you! :)

4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Okay, I was here eariler, but... I wanted to say it again. :)

Many thanks and many hugs to the volunteers for putting such a wonderful ceremony together. It was a blast. To the entertainment volunteers... well done. (Mom looked over my shoulder at one point and laughed at one of those song parodies. It was good, I tell you!)
    To all the nominees, weather you made it through to the qualifying round or not, congratulations and well done on your stories. (Everyone rocks. Just wanted to mention it. :) )

And to the winners of the 2008 Saga Fic Awards: furrylittlebantha, Valairy_Scot, The_Face, Gina, VaderLVR64, dianethx, AnakinsFavorite, Jaya Solo, Gabri_Jade, Alexis_Wingstar, Quigonjecca, Darth_Marrs, JediMasterRev, Knight_Aragorn, DarthIshtar, Luton_Plunder, Jade_Pilot, Idrelle_Miocovani, KELIA, and LilyHobbitJedi... Congratulations!!!! Seriously and truly... conrgrats. :)

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks, all.

6. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees!! =D= =D= And a huge cheer for Idrelle's wins for her awesome epic, This Time Around! :D =D= Well deserved wins there, sweetie!! [:D] :*

7. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    Congrats everyone!!! Good jobs all around! :)

And a big thanks to the volunteers!

8. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I, yes even I, have made time on a weekend to log on to check out the ceremony! I'm kind of regretting it since I now wear the harpuah-assigned colors of the Amphitheatre Shelf of Shame loser that I am, but still. Though I couldn't be there in real-time, it was a good read after the fact. Absolutely great work from all the people who submitted entertainment and wrote this shindig up! Of course, deep thanks and amazement for the volunteers who put the time and energy into making this all happen.

Big congratulations go out to all the winners! Well-earned, ladies and gentlebeings! =D= And nominees, too, congrats on writing some stories so great they had to be specially recognized! =D=

I... Wait, I what? I don't know what to say! I've never won one of these things before! Thank you so much! I had really awesome fellow nominees in all three of those categories (that Male OC category, for example, was overflowing with people I wanted so badly to vote for!), so it's a real honor. There's no way I'm letting Remy or Jav make acceptance speeches, but I'm sure they appreciate it. ;)

Oh, and just so you know, about the dress. I have a list, and you all have a running head start. :)

9. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    A really awesome ceremony, and I'm flattered that my own entertainment submissions (the Superstar song parodies) were so well received.

Congratulations, winners! You should all be very proud of your accomplishments.:D

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congratulations, guys!!

And many [:D] for everyone who worked so hard to put these together [:D]

11. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Congrats to all the nominees and winner. =D=

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Congrats to all the winners, and also to all the nominees and the volunteers. =D= And thanks to everyone who posts in the Saga forum as you're all winners in my book. There are some fabulous writers here. :)

13. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    I feel like that Monty Python skit "The Bishop" where he runs in but just keeps arriving just a little too late... :p I made it in here earlier this year!

First of all, a big congratulations to all who were nominated for the awards [:D] For those of you who didn't win, remember that it is still an honor to be nominated- we are all good authors.

Secondly, congratulations to all of you who won! @};- Good competition this year!

And, lastly, thank you to everyone who voted for me... I really don't deserve my award. Due to DRL this year, I had to dissapear... and poor Aria has been stuck in the same miserable fate since about Valentine's Day. Still, thank you very much- that is one of my favorite stories that I have going, and I can't wait until I start posting again in August! It means a lot to me as a writer that you guys enjoy my stories

Cherio!

14. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Have the winners of the Beyond the Saga Awards been announced yet? I can't seem to find the thread.

15. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I missed a great party -@};- =D= to all the winners, the nommed and the not-nommed (some wonderful talent and stories didn't get nommed).

Thanks and [:D] to all the volunteers!

The true winners here are ALL of US - those who are privileged to read such wonderful work from so many authors.

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Have the winners of the Beyond the Saga Awards been announced yet? I can't seem to find the thread.

That's because those awards haven't happened yet. :) This Saturday. ;)

17. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Was unable to be here for the ceremony unfortunately, but I want to congratulate all the winners and nominees myself!=D= You all did a wonderful job, and all was well deserved! And, I want to congratulate the Awards Team too!=D= Without you guys, this wouldn't have happened!

Hopefully, my own AU which is under wraps at the moment will qualify for '09... hopefully.:p

Once again, Congratulations to all, and to all a good night!@};-@};-@};-

Cazz out!

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    So, I know I'm incredibly late for this, but better late than never, right? :p

Congrats to the winners!

furrylittlebantha
    Valairy_Scot
    Gina
    AnakinsFavorite
    Jaya Solo
    Gabri
    Alexis_Wingstar
    Quigonjecca
    Darth_Marrs
    JediMasterRev
    Knight_Aragorn
    DarthIshtar
    Jade_Pilot
    Idrelle
    KELIA
    LilyHobbitJedi

And some others weirdos:

-I think one is named Schnoz, or Nose, or Legs
    -A lady named Voracious, or Vivacious, or Vital
    -Oh, and then there's this really old DINOSAUR - in fact, I think she was already ancient back when the T-Rex was just a baby on the evolutionary timeline
    -Finally, some guy who calls himself Ottoman. Or is it Couch? Maybe it's Louis XIV Side Table, I can't quite recall.

A big thank you to the entertainment folks, for your time and creativity! =D=

And finally, massive praise for the Saga Staff...

Jaina_and_Jag
    Thesporkbewithyou
    Myriad_Daydreams
    Irish_jedi_jade
    Nienna_Narmolanya

...for the Hostess with the Mostess...

KrystalBlaze

...and to the Captain Americas...

amidalachick
    BigFatty

You people make it look easy. That's how good you are. [:D]

19. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm even later than you, JadeSolo. But a big congratulations from me to all the winners, and a 'job well done' shout-out to the volunteers and all the nominees. =D= =D= =D=

20. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Congrats QuigonJecca!

21. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Sorry couldn't be here for th ceremony....anyways...

A big CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners!

=D= =D= =D=

A JOB WELL DONE to all those nommed!

@};- @};- @};-

And a big THANK YOU to all the organizers/volunteers who made these wonderful awards possible!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.