main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2012 RMFF Elections - Get your Vote in Folks - Now through Friday at Midnight.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by cyodarun, Nov 20, 2011.

1. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    It is that time again RMFF

This thread is for NOMINATIONS for the following positions for CY 2012:

Chapter Representative (CR)

Co-CR (formerly member at large)

Secretarian (Secretary/Historian)

Treasurer

Webmaster - it was determined that due to the expertise needed for this position that Grimby would maintain said title and responsibilities.

All nominations will occur using this thread starting at 12:01 a.m. on 11/21/2011. Notifications concerning the nominations and voting will be posted on the RMFF Facebook Page, however voting members must log in and post their nominations via the FF boards in this thread. (additional instructions for voting will be forthcoming).

Only active members will be permitted to nominate persons or vote in this election:

This from last year's definition: An active member is loose, but is generally defined as a person who has attended 3 events (whether it's a meeting or a special event) in the past 12 months. Grimby will determine eligibility as per the requirements stated above.

Once the nominations are finalized, the voting will occur here on the FF boards (via PM to Grimby), and for those who did not have an opportunity to, or chose not to vote via the boards, you may do so at the December meeting/holiday party via confidential ballot. All votes will be finalized at the December meeting and elections results will be announced following the final vote tally. Please note, that you may only vote once, either via the boards or in person at the meeting.

Here is a list of the position descriptions that JT posted last year...THANKS JT!

Chapter Representative (CR)
    This position was created by TFN to ensure that each city forum abides by the site's rules and regulations. An online and in-person position.

? Single point of contact for all Fan Force Forum issues.
    ? Handles communications and activities between RMFF and TFN.
    ? Posts all notifications on the Fan Force Forum.
    ? Welcomes new members and provides all support for Fan Force Forum issues unless it requires escalation to the RSA.
    ? The CR must ensure that all online forum communication follows the guidelines of TFN.
    ? Group liaison to TFN.
    ? Chair meetings and will work in conjunction with the other administrative positions to promote a productive and fun environment.
    ? Schedule meetings and events and encourage participation by all members.
    ? Serve as spokesperson for the RMFF.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-CR? Act as CR in the absence of the elected CR.
    Coordinate with other sci-fi groups in the region for activities.
    ? Promote harmony among the groups and address any issues between the groups.

Secretary/Historian (Secretarian)
    ? Takes and archives minutes of each Council meeting and Official Meeting, including a list of members in attendance, and voting results.
    ? Handles and/or coordinates all internal activities (Council meetings, Official Meetings)
    ? Handles preparation for Official Meetings (Gathering topics from the members, securing meeting location THATS HUGE.).
    ? Records the minutes of each meeting, as well as the posting of all meeting minutes and any threads about sanctioned group activities (DATE/TIME/PLACE/DETAILS).
    ? Coordinates taking a group photo and sends event photos to Webmaster for posting on RMFF.net

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treasurer
    ? Single point of contact for all financial issues.
    ? Maintains books of Club treasury, income, and expenditures.
    ? Collects all money taken along with the member's name, the amount they have paid, and the cause.
    ? Responsible for safe keeping of funds
    ? Provide monthly financial report to the CR.
    ? All duties associated with collection and distribution of monies.
    ? Take donations for the cost of the website, t-shirts, and oth

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I woke up just in time...

NOT IT!

3. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I nominate we keep the current administration for 1 more year. Mel has done a great job as CR.

4. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
  5. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011
    Mel (Cyodarun),

Can you post who is currently occupying each post next to the descriptions of the positions? Can you include real name and screen name?

Before we start going the route of "keep the current board members," I would love to hear from those in the current positions that they would want to stay by either re-nominating themselves or at least letting us know they want to stay.

Are there term limitations for any positions?

Thanks!

Michael (Zeraduel)

6. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002

CR: Mel (Cyodarun)
    Co-CR: Kim (Sith Chick)
    Treasurer: Jeff (Darth Hair)
    Secretarian/Historian: Anita (Queen High Mistress) aka....Q :)

I would be on board with staying on, however I would like to hear from the rest of the group and see what other nominations that we may have.

7. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    By all means, nominate away. I would like to stay on as treasurer so I will throw my hairpiece in the ring.

Are there term limits?

8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I suppose I could have another go.

But the minutes might get snarkier. [face_devil]

9. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    "I'd like to move that we accept the slate of ad hoc committee members in toto as the Permanent Committee. If they'll serve, that is."

-Harold Lauter
    -The Stand

That's my vote.

10. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm perfectly fine with things as they are. You all are doing a great job. If you're up for another year, then you've got my vote.

11. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

I'd be interested in running for secretarian. Q has done a good job, but I'd like to run for the position, too.

I can, like, write and stuff.

12. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I know it isn't an elected position, I would like to stay on as WOTR Liason.

13. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011
    I'm interested in getting more involved so I'll throw my name out there for Treasurer. I mean, like, Alexander Hamilton is my dogg.

14. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    Yep..:cool:

My apologies Becca...I should have listed this...

15. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    Thanks Michael and JT..

I will update the nominations this weekend..

Prompt to the FB RMFF page forthcoming.

16. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    WOW Michael, that's some confidence in the current council.
    I'm happy to stay where I'm at, backing CYR when needed or anyone else that needs it. Which reminds me I need to do the notes, sorry just forgot been so busy.

Let's keep talking on what we liked about last year & what we didn't.

edit: to add quote and to say I'm all for change as well, love new blood as well.

17. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    Do we have job descriptions for each post, by chance?

18. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002

First post my dear ;)

19. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    :oops:

20. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    How much funnier would it have been if Nnaydolem had given that answer :D

21. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    Great! I'm sure you would do a great job, its really a matter on collecting money and transferring from your personal paypal to the RMFF Paypal and knowing how to keep track of everything. Sometimes it can be a mess. Also handling the Non-raffle and things like decals, t shirts and water bottles.

22. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I would like to nominate Dave aka Lego as Co-CR. [face_skull]

23. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002

Hehehe.[:D]

24. cyodarun

Apr 23, 2002
    OK - Here is a run down of what has been posted so far:

There was a motion to keep the current "administration" - 4 persons have concurred - all of the current office holders have agreed to stay on, if the group votes as such.

Becca has volunteered to maintain her position as WOTR liasion - I failed to list this in the original post - but I will put forth my nomination for her to remain in this role.

Jthornton has expressed interest in the role of Secretarian/Historian

Zeriduel has expressed interest in the role of Treasuer

CatZ has nominated Lego for the role of Co-CR

We need some nominations and/or seconds RMFF....lets get out the vote. [face_flag]

25. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

I second these nominations. New blood is always good so people don't get burnt out and never want to do anything responsible again. Time to spread the love, yo!

I know the RMFF has fallen off the radar for many of our previously, post-heavy people thanks to Facebook and changing social situations, but let's remember our first love and our true friends...it's the Rocky Mountain Fan Force! Let's make 2012 a year of activity, both on and off the boards! Nominate and second those people who you think will do a great job making the RMFF what it should be, a Force to be reckoned with!

Exclamation marks!!