main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 30 Rock

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zaz, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Jackie Jormp-Jomp

"During her HR-mandated suspension from TGS, Liz seeks ways to fill her suddenly free time. Meanwhile, Jenna faces the possible non-release of her Janis Joplin biopic and Jack's needing her to generate buzz for the show."

Airs: 04/16/09

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9:31-10PM
    NBC, TV-14-L

30 Rock

"Jack seeks wisdom from Tracy on the subject of marital relations. Presumably Homer Simpson was unavailable."

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Next Episode

The Natural Order

"Tracy and Liz each agree to give up some office perks. Colleen visits Jack and shares memories of when his father left them. Jenna takes on a gibbon as a pet."

Airs: 04/30/09

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    NBC, TV-14

30 Rock

"Jack searches for his real father, and Alan Alda guests. I always thought Maj. Winchester could be his dad."

5. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    NBC, TV-14

30 Rock

"Mary J. Blige, Sheryl Crow, and Elvis Costello appear. Happy? Then you're a bad person, because Jack's father is sick."

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I definitely agree with the previous poster who compared it to Arrested Development.

I think 30 Rock is one of the best shows on television (if not the best.) The ensemble cast really carries the program. Tracy Morgan and Alec Baldwin are HILARIOUS. Great TV.

-Seldon

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9:30-10PM
    NBC, TV-14-D
    30_rock_150

Must Watch of the Week Season Premiere
    30 Rock

"30 Rock is back? We want to go to there. NBC execs and Jay Leno, however, might not be so eager to visit, as Tina Fey kicks off season 4 with a barbed broadside against network programmers: When Jack (Alec Baldwin) forces Liz (Fey) to add a mainstream-friendly cast member to broaden her show's audience, Tracy Morgan's Tracy sweats his appeal to the common man, while Jenna (Jane Krakowski) gives herself a heartland-pandering country makeover. The satire on play-it-safe execs is wickedly droll. Also make sure to stay till the end to see Fey and Baldwin give a bitchy, meta ''welcome'' to their lead-out, Leno, whom Fey already jabbed at the Emmys by thanking NBC for keeping 30 Rock on even though it's ''more expensive than a talk show.'' Don't look for Tina to be driving on Jay's indoor track anytime soon. ?Jeff Jensen"

I've tried this show several times, it just doesn't hold my interest.

8. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I seriously think that 30 Rock is the funniest "traditional-style" sitcom I've ever seen as far as sheer laughs per minutes goes.

I'm very happy it's back tonight.

9. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I have a strange desire to watch some tennis now.

Tracy searching for normal people to connect with, everyone forgetting about Josh, Jack...just Jack in general. So glad this show is back.

Now, Leno. [face_laugh]

10. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    So I caught the season premier after The Office last night, and I'm about halfway through the first season already. Loving this show, so much. :)

I think the constant SNL-connection is pretty funny. Especially since most of the time it's so obvious, but there are a few subtle connections too.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I agree that this is a great show, but it's essentially the exact opposite of a "traditional-style" sitcom...

BTW, that blatant stabbing lead-in to the Jay Leno show was awesome. I love that Tina Fey can get away with being as blunt as she wants about NBC on this show. And the great irony of them having to keep promoting it anyway because it gets them critical respect. Muahahaha! It's seriously the anti-Leno.

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Great season premiere. And you what, I want to come face to face with Alec Baldwin and just have him stare at me with those deep blue eyes for a couple of hours.

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Into the Crevasse

"Jack finds himself fending off yet another threat to his job from Devin Banks. Tracy and Jenna try to make Liz's life miserable after she angers them. Kenneth volunteers at an animal shelter."

Airs: 10/22/09

Oh, exciting. :p

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Stone Mountain

"Liz and Jack hold a talent search in Kenneth's hometown. Jenna tries to ingratiate herself with the writers to avoid being supplanted by a coming new cast member. Tracy fears the rule of 'celebrities dying in threes' will claim him after two other celebrities die."

Airs: 10/29/09

15. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Hmm...I might try and watch 30 Rock this week. I've tried to get into a couple times, but I've only made it through a complete episode once. I've got to do something between The Office and The Mentalist, right? :p

16. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I tried to get into it last night, but I just couldn't. I didn't enjoy the first 10 minutes, so I ended up watching some of the World Series instead.

I know what it's supposed to be a really good show, but I don't like it.

17. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    The problem is it's such forced and obvious comedy.

It's my problem with Fey in general. She's so smug and thinks she's so edgy and smart. She really isn't.

18. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    "The TGS cast and crew jockey to get their preferred actor chosen to join the show. Jack deals with a personal crisis."

Airs: 11/05/09

19. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9-10:01PM
    NBC, TV-14

30 Rock

"Back-to-back episodes! First, James Franco plays himself playing Jenna's fake boyfriend, and then, Jenna auditions for Gossip Girl. Dignity is nowhere to be found in either."

20. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    NBC, TV-14

30 Rock

"Welcome back to TV, Jan Hooks. It's been a while. This week, the former Sweeney Sister becomes the latest Saturday Night Live alum to pop in on Tina Fey's 30 Rock, doing her best impersonation of trailer trash to play Jenna's (Jane Krakowski) estranged mom, Verna, who's resurfaced to make amends with her daughter (and maybe hit up Jack for a reality show deal). B+ ?Benjamin Svetkey"

21. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998

9:30PM-10PM
    NBC, TV-14

30 Rock

"Jon Bon Jovi appears as himself. I'd like to say he finds love with Liz Lemon, but I know tonight she's getting a root canal."

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    NBC, TV-14

30 Rock

"Liz keeps bumping into Wesley (Michael Sheen). I wish she'd get all Princess Buttercup and scream, ''Oh, my sweet Westley!'' but I guess without the t in his name, it would just sound weird."

23. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    30 Rock Episode: Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter (NEW)

"Liz and Jenna attend singles events; Jack is torn between Nancy (Julianne Moore) and news anchor Avery (Elizabeth Banks)."

* NEW

8:30 - 9:00 PM NBC

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I've been getting into 30 Rock over the last two or three months...I'll probably catch it tomorrow.

25. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter was decent. Always nice to see Julianne Moore again, but it paled compared to Khonani. I was especially fond of Jack's plot like (Team Coco :p ), and Kenneth and Tracy were great.