main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON 30th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Kind of too late. But i can put them in the recycling bin tomorrow and i'm sure someone can use them. Plus i thought the sheets were for our own records to show to some of the bigger businesses how many people we had.

2. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    Wow! We hit it big. We're going National

I just got a call from David Chidly of Canadian Press who saw our add in the paper and is coming out. He said that he told the office in Toronto and they want him to cover it. If you don't know what the Canadian Press is that where papers like the Globe and other National papers get stories.

ps. Brandon sorry. Andrew brought up the idea that we should also try to find out how they heard about it, so that next year we'll hit the most popular areas harder.

3. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Great job everyone.

We had between 125 & 150 people come out. I had fun and I got a lot of great pictures.
    I think we learned alot about how to have events like this and it will go smother next time.
    Remember to watch the news and check out all the papers.

4. darthsolvo

darthsolvo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2007
    man good job every one
    the even was an awesome sucess
    i cant wait untill next year

5. StarfleetJedi

StarfleetJedi Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2007
    heya guys. it's me Chris, the Trekkie :D i was wondering if those of you who snapped a pic of me if you could just send me a copy of it/them via email. it's christophercurran@gmail.com I'm also interested in joining you guys.

Edit:
    I thought of an idea you guys might want to try and incorporate into next year's event. perhaps, someone could bring a stereo and have various tunes from the movies playing throughout the event. i found myself humming various themes from it, ie the Duel of the Fates when i was fighting, or when the population of Vaders had increased noticable i'd hum to myself the imperial march. would give it more a star wars-y feel. just a thought

6. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    we can't do that due to the park rules. So there was no way we could play the music if we wanted to.

7. Fantyx

Fantyx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2006
    Heres all the pics I got from the party. Some are rotoscoped, some aren't. I had a party last night, so never had time to get all the emails out, will finish that today.

http://www.fantyxservers.com/starwars.rar

edit: modified to have all the rotoscoped pics

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Welcome Starfleetjedi & Fantyx

Fantyx couldn't open that file. We do seem to have those diffences in formats between members.

Isn't that right Brandon.

lil-godess-girl was going to bring a sterio, coolers, banner, donation sign and a volunteer but she never showed. I sometimes think she quit and forgot to tell anyone.

Starfleetjedi enjoy the pic's

Also anyone can join, just take a look through some of the threads to find out what's going on. We list every thing that we are doing for the month under monthly meeting. Who ever starts the thread should always up date the first posting.

If you guys don't mind I keep a members info list that only Janet and myself have access to. So if you could sent me your full name, address, phone# and e-mail I can add you in. If you click on my name you can send a privite message. This is just so that if you get a little busy, like we all do and forget to check the boards we can send you a message and let you know when something is coming up.

9. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    Use winrar. You can download it free. Zip doesn't compress the files well enough.
    I added another zipped archive at www.fantyxservers.com/starwars.zip
    Windows can use that fine.

10. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    good pic's, thanks

11. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    If you didn't get the London Free Press. You better go get it, on page B9 they have a write up on us. There is a large picture of chewy (tom) petting a dog and a pic of the little Darth Vader & Darth Maul.

If you didn't get the paper you can still see it on the web London Free Press

12. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Here's a little bit of info that I thought every one would like to know. In the guest book we had a space for 'where you came from and most were from London but here are the others.

MT. Brydges
    Glencoe
    Strathroy
    Oneida
    Toronto
    Colombia

Yes that's correct it says Colombia!

13. StarfleetJedi

May 18, 2007
    indeed i've been enjoying the pics, i've been turning some of the ones of me into avatars for msn/LJ/forums :)

14. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Hey, Fantyx

I could e-mail you the pictures that I have. You'd probably find some good one to fix up.

Starfleetjedi if you're posting pic on the net, please give us a link.

15. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    Sure, if you have any specific colours or other effects, put them in a txt file with them.
    fantastix1@yahoo.com

16. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    if you see any with me in them make the blade colour green and yellow.

17. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    So is that green & yellow like a candy cane or green with a yellow stripe, like the one down you back?

18. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    No Rob. In some pics I have two blades instead of one. In the pics that have one blade just use either one of the colours.

19. StarfleetJedi

May 18, 2007
    i had just tossed the .RAR file's worth of pics and the pics emailed to me into my facebook photoalbum; http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21832&l=c1669&id=685115106

and here's my avatar i've made.
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a189/captaincurran/Starfleet-1.png

i don't suppose there's away to use it as my avatar in this forums, eh?

20. Darth_Sniklefritz

Darth_Sniklefritz Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2006
    Yeah, starfeet that's funny. I wonder what Darthsolvo will think of it.

Brandon for the colouring contest you did pick that little girl didn't you.

21. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I hope the little girl won. Everyone cheered for her.

22. StarfleetJedi

May 18, 2007
    i'm pretty sure she did. i thought she had got the encyclopedia for episode 2. didn't she?

23. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Why? I didn't do anything wrong. Maybe it's because I forgot her name..... twice.

24. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Oh, never, never forget a girls name.

A guy it's ok you can just say dude, bud or what ever is in.

Oh, my bad, this Brandon we are taking about, that's probably a nother reason why he doesn't have a girlfriend.

25. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    well sorry it's child and i can barely hear her name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.