main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA 3D TPM Movie PREMIER!! 5TH FEBRUARY at 10AM!!! !! SUNDAY OUT!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Jan 18, 2012.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Mr Scholz has told us (via FB) that he has DOUBLE PASSES to this event to give to SAFF members, so if you want to see this movie, put your name here ASAP. There is a stipulations, you MUST Be in COSTUME!!! This is a FULL costume event!!! SO HANDS UP PEOPLE!!?!?!?!?!

2. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Thats awesome!
    I'll come, and I'll find some some others to come. I have 4 costumes, so 4 people? hows this work?
    Where is it?

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Go to the SAFF Facebook page, Mr Scholz posted there and I suspect details to come. ;)

Here for FaceBook members.

I've been told its at Marion, starting at around 10am to be there, 11am movie start. That's all I know so far. ;)

4. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    List

Toddi

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    List

Toddi
    Addie
    Padme
    Oddball
    Possibly Justifer (need to talk to him tonight)
    Kooky

6. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    I'm on the list for the same deal over at the 501st, so I'll see you there! :)

7. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I fly back from interstate the night before. I'm hopeful (but still have no complete costume, haha).

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You got two weeks to finish it Skipp!! What about Slave Leia???

List

Toddi
    Addie
    Padme
    Oddball
    Kooky
    Skipp (possible)

9. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    List

Toddi
    Addie
    Padme
    Oddball
    Kooky
    Skipp (possible)
    TK1571
    Evil_rex

Havent done any SW costuming for awhile so looking forward to doing this.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    List

Toddi
    Addie
    Padme
    Oddball
    Kooky
    Kookys Friend
    Skipp (possible)
    TK1571
    Evil_rex

Ok Darth Vercetti is checking and hoping to come, Justifier has said no. :(

We need to know ASAP people, so seriously, just a quick note to say yes or no.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    OK GUYS!! STEVE NEEDS 30 PEOPLE, so far we have about 12! SO...if you have Two or more costumes, and are willing to loan them, please, get a friend who wants to see this movie, get a family member roped in, put them in a costume and lets get them there!!!

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Up to 15 now, but I have a Leia Endor (the camo cape and belt) if anyone wants to borrow it, I also have the hair if you have short hair. ;) I also have a very cheap crappy pair of blue pants with yellow stripes, if you are desperate, but like I said, not great! But it's a costume if anyone has a lady they need borrow a costume for!!

13. Merrick77

Merrick77 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2007
    List

Toddi
    Addie
    Padme
    Oddball
    Kooky
    Kookys Friend
    Skipp (possible)
    TK1571
    Evil_rex
    Merrick (probable)

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16!!!!!!!!!!

15. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i am "in-between" which group i will be costuming for as 501st are not allowing "Non-cannon" costumes..... or GA members for that matter, so i may be trooping under a different banner on the day ....... maybe yours? ;)

either way i shall be bringing some costumes with me.... :D

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You are more than welcome Jabba I will let Mr Scholz know ;)

17. Merrick77

Jun 28, 2007
    Are we guaranteed tickets?

Th RL are meeting at 9am, and SAFF at 10am, what time is the film?

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    11am I am told.....not sure why the time differences. Mr Scholz told me that we had to be there at 10am and the movie started at 11am. But hey, if you wanted to get there earlie, I dont see any reason why not!? ;) As for Guaranteed, he told me he has 30 tickets for the SAFF and RL, and so far we have 16 people, but I dont know about them. I've told them we need 17 tickets now, and have just let him know that and asked why the time differences. ;) Sure its all good, probably just staggering the arrival of the three groups? Don't know, but have asked. ;) Regardless, should be an EPIC day to have SW back in the Cinemas!!

EDIT: I've just been told that the RL are getting there early to get ready, no other reason, he wants us all ON DECK at 10am sharp. So if you need to dress in the car park, 9 or 9.30 would be fine. ;) He also said he is getting tickets this week and 'assigning' them to those who have said they want to go. He has 100, so we are hoping to get as close to that as possible with the three major groups in SA.

REMEMBER! This is a FULL COSTUMING EVENT! No costume, no see. ;) So get them out, dust them off and let's have a good time![face_dancing]

19. Merrick77

Jun 28, 2007
    I hope there's one giant photo of all groups!
    I don't want to play lets have a SAFF photo and now lets have an RL photo.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I think a group photo would be brilliant! All of SA's Fan Groups out in 'Force' as it were in costume.....I'm up for it ;)

21. leektar

leektar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2008
    Hi all ...... I'm back for a minute or 5 .... just to clarify a couple of points on behalf of e-i - while he may not post here, he still knows what is going on!! [face_mischief]

To clarify the situation, the 501st are taking all instructions direct from LucasFilm Limited in relation to this premiere. The instructions have been handed down and are that the groups are to be kept separated. The 501st will be officially "manning" the red carpet, whilst the SAFF and RL will be free to mingle with the crowds at will.

Steve is liaising with the cinema on behalf of the RL and SAFF - the cinema will direct what role these two groups will play on the day. The 501st have been given their own directions from LFL as to what is expected of them while trooping.

Please don't take this as a slight towards your group or the RL, but the 501st's directions have been very specific as to what they can and cannot do, and what is expected of them on the day.

Unfortunately, one complete group photo will not be taken, as per the directives given. The only way a group photo may be taken is in the change rooms, away from the public eye.

e-i apologises if this comes across as being harsh, however, when LFL says "jump", the 501st ask "how high". He is looking forward to seeing many of you down there. I won't be there - even after being with e-i for 16 years, I still haven't watched any of the movies!!!!!

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks for clarifying that all Leektar, appreciate it. ;) Oh well, we can get a 2/3rds photo I guess. I plan to have my camera on me, and take alot of photos on the day so we should have a good amount of photos to post up.

EDIT: I am collecting tickets tonight.......will PM those who have put their names down to confirm they are coming. ;)

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    List

Toddi
    Lady Todd
    Addie
    Padme
    Oddball
    Kooky
    Kookys Friends x 3
    TK1571
    Evil_rex
    Merrick
    Darth Vercetti
    GoddessJaina

Jabbathenut plus 2 (checking on this one)

Thats 17, still waiting on one or two more responses. But we have only got 20 tickets (10 double passes), so there is a cut off point guys. Need to know ASAP, like before midnight on the 1st of February....k? ;)

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok,we have 20 now, so no more please. There has been conjecture about the 'bringing of kids'. From what I understand from Steve this is for the 501st and RL only, but even the RL might be exempt from this as its the 501st rules that govern the over 18 rules. He is going to see the man who supplied the tickets Friday and talk to him about this, but at this stage as long as kids stay away from the Red carpet (or Black or whatever colour it is) its all good. ;) Will let you all know more as soon as I know more.

25. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    Regardless of whether the RL are exempt or not does not matter in this case. The RL has taken the stance that Lucasfilm will be watching this event & they wish that there be no kids in costume at the event which will detract from the spectacle, so Lucasfilm's wishes will be upheld by the RL. The 501st will be complying, so will the RL

It is unfortunate for the kids, but as we are portraying Lucasfilm's property, ie: their characters the RL will not be bringing kids in costume. They will be in civilian clothing & certainly not be allowed anywhere near the red carpet.