main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

!5/19 Midnight Madness! Who is with the Dark Side?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JediFonger, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    hi ya'll,

i'm going to the Midnight showing of ROTS. i KNOW there are those of you crazy enough to go. i KNOW there'll be a ton of SW fans that night who don't post on TFN. i'm so there. do ya wanna be?

i can fit 3 people in my really small coupe and drive them home. i hope more people come with their own rides so we can fit more people from TFN. so gimme a holler if you wanna go. you should buy your own tix... unless you have some problems getting it, in which case i can get it for you.

-JediFonger

2. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Just FYI, AMC Theaters are now offering online presales at MovieTickets.com, including AMC Fenway in Boston (to which I've never been).

-Paul

3. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    AMC Fenway has nice theatres... stadium seating.

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Anyone want to pretty please give Loews (Boston Common) a call for me and find out when their tickets go on sale? They weren't available online last I checked.

5. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    I just gave them a call and they said they don't know as of yet. They may be available at Fandango on Wednesday. That's the day they'll become available to theaters using Fandango, and thtey'll be in the Fandango system as soon as they're in the theater's own system -- but if the 20th is the day, the people answering the phone certainly aren't aware.

-Paul

6. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks! Yeah, I knew about the Fandango date, I just wanted to make sure the theater wasn't selling them yet. I'm taking my computer with me to C3 so I'll keep checking for online ticket sales while I'm there. :)

7. encyia

encyia Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Anybody wearing their costumes to the midnight showing of RotS?

Or at least bringing their lightsaber. Random battles waiting in line will certainly help us pass the time.

8. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome to the Boards!! :)

9. kamsolusar2

kamsolusar2 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    My girlfriend was nice enough to get tickets to the midnight show at the Randolph on the digital screen with the stadiun seats....and yes I will be in my costume...I was actually walking around weymouth in my vader helmet....anyone interested in going to the Randolf show feel free to e-mail me or just post...talk with you later

10. encyia

encyia Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    If anybody's going to be seeing it at the AMC Fenway theatre, let me know.

And bring your plastic lightsaber too. :3 There will be lightsaber melee to be had.

11. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    Roseanna, out of curiosity, if you're going to the midnight at Loew's, how are you planning on getting home? It's still a bit up in the air as to whether I'll be able to go for other reasons, but even if I can, that whole getting-back-to-Harvard thing after the T is closed is something I haven't worked out to my satisfaction. Taxi? Will there enough of them aroun the theater? Or do you have any other ideas?

-Paul

12. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    I'm going to Boston Common to see the midnight showing. Please find a way to buy your own movie tickets since getting in touch with each other is insane and people lose money from not showing up to the screening. If ya'll wanna go together then please PM me. I can help organize the midnight showing @Boston Common. I'll give you my cell# in my reply PM.

Now, if you're REALLY REALLY desperate and you don't live near Boston Common I'm willing to buy the tix for you in advanced, but you have to promise you will be going... or else >).

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Paul - it looks like I'm actually going to be at home in Ohio for the week Episode III opens. Otherwise, I would have been at the common. However, I think you should be able to find a cab fairly easily. If you can't for some reason, just bring a cab company's number with you so you can call them from a cell phone/pay phone to get them to pick you up.

I thought for sure that this would be my first Star Wars premiere in Boston, and it makes me kind of sad that I won't be there for it. I have to be home that Saturday for my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary, and my parents would rather fly me home for an extended period of time instead of a day, so...I'll be heading home once classes are over. Right now I'm not sure when I'm coming back. We're trying to minimize the flying because the expenses really add up. Hopefully I'll have it all figured out soon...

My alternative plans are for my sister and I to drive down to Columbus to see the midnight showing with my boyfriend. Should be a fun time. :)

14. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    oh yeah, i can fit 3 people. i'm sure if we have enough people rides won't be a problem but as of right now NO ONE else is going to Boston Common so, =P. this thread is actually pretty m00t. i'm surprised there aren't as many star wars fans right in th heart of boston. *sigh*. ah well.

15. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    *delurking*

I'll be watching the midnight showing at Boston Commons with friends. (I gave in and said the roommates could come--as long as they sat on the opposite end of the row and muffled any and all giggling. They laughed through the bloody scenes in Sin City, those sick girls.)

If anyone wants to split cabs back to Cambridge, that'll be cool.

16. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    i can give you guys a ride back to cambridge. but as i said i can only fit 3 more people. 4 but one person is sandwiched in the back seat.

anyone else coming with rides themselves? if you confirm, PM me for my cell# for contact info.

17. Momaw_Nadon77

Momaw_Nadon77 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    I'm planning to go to the midnight showing, but am still trying to decide between the AMC Fenway in Boston or the Loews at Boston Common.

Do you have any advice?

18. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    Momaw_Nadon77,

lemme put it this way, subway/T will stop service around 12:30AM. so for the star wars fans taking the subway/T this is very impractical. they HAVE to have rides. now, that means people with cars (like me) will have to drive them home around 2:30AM. now, i DO NOT mind that, but fenway has NO FREE parking whatsoever no matter what. i've been there a number of times. it's insane. i've been able to find plenty of spaces in boston common for free but you'll have to walk a while. so i highly recommend boston common. also, fenway's cineplexes don't turn their sound as loud as boston common imho.

and to top it off, there's very few star wars fans in the heart of boston anyway so splitting everyone up going to different cinemas is a bit ridiculous, imho. 501st should join in boston common as well, danvers is too far south.

19. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I wouldn't walk through the Common at night.
    My friend Tom and I are going to Fenway, cuz then we can just walk back to Kenmore Square at 2:30ish.

20. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    i'd rather not walk through fenway. 2many young people=havoc. but to each his own. i'm going to common and that's my story. anyone coming COME! otherwise you can go wherever you want i guess.

PS kenmore sq. will not have bus or MBTA at 2:30AM. you'll need rides via car either way.

21. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Not if you live in Kenmore Square. ;)

22. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    right, isn't that where rowdy red sox fans turned cars over and the girl got shot by the cops? =).

23. encyia

encyia Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    That's also where lots of girls flashed their **** when the Sox won. X) Therefore, Kenmore Square is awesome.

24. JediFonger

Sep 10, 1999
    well you won't have that happening during a star wars screening.

25. darth_paul

Apr 24, 2000
    If you did, how woud you know where to look? ;)

-Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.