main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Brand Spankin New Star Wars Starbucks!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Wormie2, Jun 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    JUST found it Kadue? Pfft! Hardly! I've been watching it for over a year and have EVERY EPISODE on tape!

Ha ha ha! Beat that, kids! :p :D

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll stick with CSI and Alias. ;)

Congrats on the job Tim!

I really liked the A&E Biography on George Lucas, that and I liked the Ep. II footage that I haven't seen before! :)

Priya, send me some money, and I'll get you some autographs. ;)

It's too early.... I must be off to school now. :(

3. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Heartiest congratulations on the promotion, Tim!! By the way, I know exactly how you feel about kids in movies. I'm 17, but I would never even think about talking in movies. You have to wonder why they go if all they do is talk.

Quick Opinion Poll:

Rams vs. Patriots
    1)Who's going to win?

2)Who do you want to win?

I want the Patriots, but I know it's the Rams.

4. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    PATRIOTS ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!
    Or so I hope anyway. This town stopped this past Sunday. No one was out, no one was in the stores, no traffic on the highway. Just wait til this next Sunday. It'll be a ghost town.

I had my first of many job interviews yesterday. It went really well and I loved the office and people. I'd be very happy working there. I'm pretty certain that job is mine if I want it. I think I'll have an offer from them by Friday and unless I find something better, I will gladly accept.

I have Dark Journey!!!! But I haven't cracked it yet. I've got too much else to do this afternoon. Maybe when I get home tonight I'll have time to start reading. Hmmm, but maybe not. It's JAG night.

I bought cupcakes! Yum! Chocolate with pink ooey gooey frosting and little heart shaped sprinkles. Mmmmmmmm. I need this like I need another hole in my head but who cares.

5. Toshi Station

Toshi Station Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 1999
    Yow! 325 pages- you guys have really kept it going.

I also enjoyed the GL biography.

Speaking of Sci-fi channel, anyone else watch John Edwards? I'v been watching lately and my wife and I have debates about the veracity of his claims/validations.

Anyone care to post their thoughts about JE?

I want to hear what others think.

I'll check back in later.

6. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Toshi, who is John Edwards?

Okay, job interview #2 was like being interviewed by Tigger. This guy was HYPER! He would sit down for maybe a minute (maybe) and then jump up, grab something and take it out to his secretary. Meanwhile he's yelling at me, "Keep talking, I can still hear you." But I was so distracted by his running to and fro that I really didn't say much, but honestly I'm not sure he noticed. I could NOT work for this guy. I had an incredible urge to superglue him to his seat. His staff is nice and friendly, but if they weren't selling insurance I think they'd all be selling used cars. Ah well, so I get to cross that job off my list.

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Heya Toshi Station!!

:)

Katriel yea..but Jag was a rerun..so i ended up reading it while watching both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The state of the Union..(so i really didn't hear what he siad..so now i've gotta go and read the transcript!!)

Farscape? ok maybe i'll give it a whirl!!

Good luck on the interviews KAT!!
    (DJ is good so far..) i'm at 293 ;)

JJJ-$$? how much do you need? he he

8. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    Hey Tosh. I've seen it and I think he's legit. Granted, if you really wanted to believe you could find a personal connection to anything he says but some of it seems to be specific enough that it leads me to believe he's for real.

9. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Hi all! Don't they serve coffee at Starbucks anymore? :D

Katriel: I'll give Indy a try then. :D Good luck job hunting.
    And Jesus sure a fine dancer! Can I have a cupcake too?

Hi JD Jedi!

My sympathies for eaglejedi and jade. :) Hey! I'm a teenager, and I don't talk in movies.

Qui-Gon Tim: Was that from one of the Treehouse of Horror ones? 'Cause I don't remember seeing it on tv. They never repeat the Halloween specials! :_| And I only became a fan in 1997. btw, I revamped my sig a little because of the pressure from the sheeps. Now everyone's happy. :D

Trace: I loved the Forbidden Love trailer too! I swear I would 'endure' LOTR again just to see it again! 8-}

taramidala, the girl with the prettiest icon ever ;): *sigh* I love that song. [face_love] btw, the BEST show on tv is THE SIMPSONS!!! [face_devil] Buffy is a close second. I cried a bucket watching the last episode of ...season 5? I'm not too sure. My time is devoted to the Simpsons and SW. 8-}

10. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Kat: John Edwards is the guy on Crossing Over. I've never watched it though.

Priya: Hummmm how much do I need? Let's see... I wanted to get a shirt, the figure... oh, you ment how much I needed from you! Depending on how many autographs you wanted. I heard that last time they were charging $10 for them. ( :( and I wanted to get The Approaching Storm soon! :()

Lisa: Who said that we didn't serve coffee here anymore? :p :)

11. Toshi Station

May 5, 1999
    For anyone who doesn't know, John Edwards has his own show on Sci-Fi called Crossing Over with John Edwards.
    He claims he can connect with people who have passed away and sometimes carry messages to us here in the living (if you want to term it that way).

I've watched him numerous times and just when I think he's not real, he surprises me. I've been amazed at some of the readings he gives. My wife claims he has a team of researchers who can come up with some background on the people in the audience. That may be true, but the items, memories, situations, etc, he talks about are far too specific. These are not things someone can dig up on the internet about other people.

After watching his show for the last year, I'm pretty much a firm believer.

If you haven't seen it, check it out. It comes on at 11 and 11:30 Sun-Thu on Sci-Fi. You might be surprised.

12. Toshi Station

May 5, 1999
    I forgot to add my answers to the latest poll:

1. Registered:
    May 1999

2. How did I learn of the JC?
    I was surfing Force.net for quite a while (maybe 2 years before I signed on). I noticed the Forum and hung around for a couple of days before I posted.

3. Nickname:
    My name came from Luke. He's probably my favorite character. If you don't recognize my moniker then you haven't watched SW:ANH enough. I just changed the spelling.

4. What forum/threads do I hang out in:
    I used to hang out quite a bit in the old Star Wars Miscellaneous and also in the JC Community. I do miss the old SW Misc. forum. Those were good days.

5. SW Collectibles:
    I collect almost anything SW. I don't confine myself to certain areas. However, I haven't done as much collecting in the last year and a half. I collect mostly firefighting items now.

I think that's it.

13. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    I was a fool to believe
    A fool to believe
    It all ends today
    Yes, it all ends
    Today

Today's a day when dreaming ends...

And for the deep, philosophical question of the day: Do you believe in Pre-Destination? Like the old-fashioned Calvinist notion that we are all born with a path already chosen for us? Some are born "saved" and will therefore be happy and successful. The others are "damned," so to speak, and will struggle all their lives and achieve nothing.

I'm a person of faith but I really think someone up there hates me.

Inside my heart is breaking
    My makeup may be flaking
    But my smile stays on...

14. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    The show must go on...

i personally think that you make your life the way you want it to be...and as fate throws you nuggets..you should make ice cream :) (i know doesn't make sense at all!)

T- I am sure that things shall work out..

JJJ-ok well as the time grows near tell (and as you hear info on who's coming :) i may send you some money to get me stuff ) is that ok?

15. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Inside my heart is breaking... :D

Okay, I'll tell you who is coming when I find out, Priya.

16. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Nice music. But what is going on? :confused:

17. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    nothing really goes on here....
    we' just chill i'm sooooo sleepy but i have 60 pages of reading to do before my next class..+ i finished Dark Journey..

I"m dying to see more of Jagged Fel...(and wedge...yea for wedge!)

i also bought a newstand copy of both Insider 57, and 58....

both are pretty cool with awesome Episode II pics..i'm excited!

;)
    thanks JJJ

18. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    nothing really goes on here....
    we' just chill i'm sooooo sleepy but i have 60 pages of reading to do before my next class..+ i finished Dark Journey..

I"m dying to see more of Jagged Fel...(and wedge...yea for wedge!)

i also bought a newstand copy of both Insider 57, and 58....

both are pretty cool with awesome Episode II pics..i'm excited!

;)
    thanks JJJ

19. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Don't mind me, LL. I'm just the local lunatic who often quotes song lyrics when she's losing her mind.

20. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    No problem Priya. :)

T, are you sure you are losing your mind only when you are quoting songs? :D :D

21. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh, well in that case I'm just a frelling ****-nut who's a complete basketcase every waking hour of every waking day.

22. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Hmmm..nope..i think its just when you're singing songs :) you know listening to Ewie kind of does that to people...

:)

23. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Well someone had better find me an identity soon or else I'll get schizo on your arses.

24. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    T, has anyone ever told you you're cute when you're psychotic? :D

pleasedonthitmepleasedonthitmepleasedonthitme

25. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    LOL Kat! :D

And L_L, watch what you're saying about "enduring" LotR. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.