main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy A Breaking World: Of Alanvar and the Vyn'rath

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Chukles38, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    IC: Skillan Iarnsen
    ~Edge of battlefield~

Skillan?s mouth fell open when he saw a large group of soldiers suddenly turn away from the battle and rush towards? them.

By the Icy Breath of the Last Dragon, they were coming straight towards where he and the others were standing. And he didn?t think they were fleeing the fight, they moved too orderly for that, too much like a group with a single minded mission. And even if they were on the run, would it make any difference?

He gripped his bow and arrow tighter, making sure they were ready to be fired, his hunting instincts, trained in him since he was a small boy, kicking in.

"Um guys?? the woman who had joined their group said, raising her voice, ?dog boys right, we've got at least... two score men coming towards us" She had produced a long, wicked looking knife and looked ready to use it.

"You two know how to travel through the woods by night?" she asked him and Igrene.

?This or any other woods. But I haven?t been here long enough to get the lay of the land. You know these parts, don?t you?? Skillan answered, more a statement than a question. ?You should lead then. I?ll take the rear, a few of my arrows should make them think twice about following us when they get too close.?

These were people he was talking about, not animals or mindless trolls. He didn't think he'd be able kill them, but he could and would slow them down. A shot through the leg would be just as effective for that.

He turned to the rest of the group, wanting to get them to move, when Orml suddenly shouted out in terror.

"I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"

He had no time to react on it, because just then a deep rumble sounded. To his horror he saw the earth surge upwards right in front of Orml. More magic, but why here? By who?.? He quickly jumped backwards when a mound of earth moved towards him. And as suddenly as that a wall stood behind him and the men on the battlefield.

"Did one of you do this?" Orml asked. Skillan wanted to know as well, but didn't wait for an answer. His father had told him too many times, especially when he had wanted to rush off head first after a prey, that one of the main reasons hunters got killed was because they hadn?t taken the time to find out as much as they could about what was going on around them. He had learned the hard way his father was right: he would always bear the scars of those lessons. So he threw his bow on his back, jumped up and quickly climbed one of the huge trees. He didn?t go higher than needed to look over the wall, keeping himself hidden between the leaves.

?They?re still coming,? he yelled as he descended even faster. ?Come on, let?s get as far as we can before they find a way through or around this.?

TAG: group at the edge of the forest

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Lyle Zahara
    Battlefield

"Take your men and intercept them. Whatever they are going after, I want it. If there are reinforcements for them in the woods, we need to know.?

Woods? That was fine with Lyle; the woods was archer territory and as a hunter Lyle knew how to move, hide, and all in all hunt down anyone or anything within. And that was pretty much what he was being called on to do. The only downside was that he may have to leave Sassana with the mages who's dark magic Lyle had been able to see moving about the battlefield, but hey, he may be able to get extra points with this.

Bringing two fingers to his lips, Lyle let out a piercing whistle to be heard amongst the ranks of the fighting men and women of the rebels. At least one head, which Lyle was able to recognize as Isaac's, he caught turning in his direction. It was to this man that Lyle waved to and pointed in the direction of the group of men that were heading towards the woods before seeming to point at random amongst the men in their lines. It was a silent message: head towards the enemy group to intercept and grab whatever of their own men they could get while heading there. A nod of Isaac's head told Lyle that his comrade understood and the two headed off.

Though he stabbed at one or two enemies that crossed his path, Lyle focused on spotting anymore of his archers, giving them a pat on their shoulder when he did and telling them to follow him. Between him and Isaac, they were able to grab at least a dozen additional archers to join them. Was the best they were going to do and Lyle didn't want to take anymore and risk weakening their lines too much. So it was these men that Lyle led to the woods, the group of his chosen following behind him.

At first he thought he was going to fall behind, but apparently something happened that caused Lyle's brows to lift just a bit. Where he could've sworn there had been nothing but trees, a wall had seemed to appear out of nowhere right in front of the advancing enemy troops. And it was because of this wall that the troops slowed, stopped, and sought a way past the obstacle.

Which made it easier for Lyle to catch up and target them.

Something tells me it's not reinforcements in those woods, the archer thought to himself as he brought up his longbow, notching an arrow and drawing it back. To his left, right, and behind the men he brought with him did the same.

"Take 'em down!" Lyle shouted and the arrows launched, over a dozen flying forward to strike at their targets. He didn't see any mages in this group and at this range the volley should do much more damage then the one in the beginning. And because of the wall, Lyle didn't have to worry about arrows flying pass their enemies and striking down anyone in the woods if there were indeed innocents hiding within.

TAG: Chukles, Forest Group

3. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Bah, I didn't see Trimaj's post from before so.....

Rebel Lines, Earlier

"Enjoy your look?"

Lyle had winked towards Sassana at the question, but the lieutenant was already sipping at his wine meaning that she probably missed it. Ah well, the archer just spent the time that Sassana was using to get a drink for another up-and-down look. Whoever liked to say that the calm before the battle tended to be so boring obviously didn't know how to spend their time to enjoy the peace.

She handed back the wine but instead of continuing their little chat, she turned towards the men that he was to be commanding.

"Tell me, anyone, what's your favorite thing in the world?"

Lyle raised a brow at that and glanced over at the men and back at Sassana who's current smile caused his stomach to do a little bit of a flip. Small or blue-skinned, those were doing nothing to dissuade the immediate attraction that had sprouted up as soon as the lieutenant first walked up to him.

"I think I'm looking at it," Lyle spoke loud enough for the present company to hear as he grinned at Sassana.

TAG: Trimaj

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: thanks sere. much appreciated.

IC: Sassana Elanun
    Rebel Lines, Battle Field, Earth Kingdom

Instead of an answer from the men she heard Lyle reply again. A soft laugh escaped her, and the men she was looking at were all in agreement if she was any good at reading people. Turning and looking at Corporal Lyle again she arched one of her white eyebrows. "I'd have expected slightly less exotic tastes in most men. Pity there are so few of my people around." There was a pang in her heart as she said it. It was far too true, those of the Wind Kingdom were rare... and getting rarer.

Refusing to let that show on her face, she took a step towards the Corporal, very slowly and obviously doing her best to keep everyone's mind on living and life. "I'll have to see who I can find to help out with certain appetites that will need filling Corporal." With another step she was at him, and she caressed his face very lightly, a cool spring breeze upon his skin. Whispering, "Keep your men alive to enjoy tomorrow Corporal. You'll find that you enjoy it all the more yourself." To take any edge off of the comment she stood up tip toe and kissed him softly on the lips.

TAG: Sarge

[blockquote][i]Battle[/i]

A wall formed in front of the other Mage, so it was obvious from this reaction that he knew what to look for with wind magic. [i]Pity. This would have been over so much faster otherwise.[/i] But she did note the sudden appearance of crimson on the earth Mage's arm and her eyes shone with a brighter light. First blood to her. As well as several of the soldiers behind him being torn in two from the unseen razor blade of wind. Eventually it dissipated, but there were about a dozen more soldiers dead as a result of it. It seemed as though the regular men had learned something from that and the circle widened, making it less likely for collateral damage.

Oddly, the ground beneath her was turned to mud, for all of the good it did. She hadn't set foot on the ground since before the battle started, and she would not until it was over. Most likely.

With a gesture the enemy Mage shattered the wall of earth, and sent it screaming towards her. It was a rather tired tactic, but it was effective against most types of magic. Waiting until the shards were very near to her, she called on the wind with her mind again, also swinging her naginata in a downward stroke mainly for it's wind effect rather than trying to actually hit anything, she launched herself up... causing the wind to go down. Very, very forcefully. The mud beneath her spattered almost in an explosion ending up all over everyone near the cleared area, and the shards would find themselves suddenly impaled in the ground at varied angles. Odds were very poor that anyone would know where she had gone what with the fracas needing to be dealt with more immediately.

Gazing down upon the battlefield she noted the torn bodies laying everywhere, the contingent that for some reason was headed off to the wood... where a wall of earth had suddenly formed for some reason. Whispering in her mind told her all she needed, that there was a group of potentially very powerful magic wielders. Maybe even Vyn'rath, were the whisperings to be believed. But that wasn't for her to deal with, as group of their own soldiers headed over to counter the incoming enemy soldiers.

Sighing softly, followed by a deep breath, Sassana considered her options. There were quite a few, but none were completely guaranteed to end this. Well, none save one that would leave her significantly more drained than she wanted to be at this point in a battle. Sure, it was just brute force movement, which took less energy, but it was a LOT of brute force.

Shrugging to herself, Sassana decided to play things out a bit more before doing something that drastic. Of course it would also cost her more later, so it was something of a balance she would have to figure out. Nothing new there.

Without a gesture, she began to descend again, speed gathering as she moved closer to

5. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Rebel Lines, Earlier

"I'd have expected slightly less exotic tastes in most men. Pity there are so few of my people around."

Despite the more carefree air that they seemed to be trying to promote, Lyle actually hesitated at the thought of saying anything; he didn't know if that was ground that he should really tread on. Just because he seemed like a man that indulged a little too much in certain basic pleasures it didn't mean that he was heartless. In his experience the ladies tended to like the nice guys more.

He knew of the saying nice guys finish last but hey, not all rewards came from being first.

So he just kept his grin on his face, not saying a word....and tried not to let too much of the emotion that he now felt get to him as Sassana stepped closer, speaking a not-so-subtle comment that got his heart pounding in his chest like it always did in the presence of such lovely ladies. Still he kept up the grin but allowed his head to tilt just a little towards the side to try and get what he can from the caress that she now administered to his face. Even with such a brief touch he was able to take in the smoothness of her blue skin, the flawlessness of it.

"Keep your men alive to enjoy tomorrow Corporal. You'll find that you enjoy it all the more yourself."

The full, blue lips that touched his own sent a jolt running throughout his entire body and, despite how much he wanted to, Lyle held back from pursuing the kiss any further. It was just a brief one and that was what he allowed it. His grin, however, did widen just a bit at the end of it.

"I'll keep that in mind," Lyle said and winked.

6. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Mynron Sagik
    -Forest

"Crap!" The young man took one look at the army and then turned ran in the other direction, only to discover that another group of people with weapons was coming towards them. He dropped to the ground and slid across the ground as he doubled back in reverse back towards the group. While he was gone, someone had raised a giant earth wall blocking one side of certain doom, but leaving the other side wide open for more doom.

He turned from panic, to angry. "I tol yall dat we needed to get da hell outta here!" Shoving Orml and Skillian into the forest woods and directing the girls to do likewise, Mynron did not wait to see if anyone was following him. He had tried to warn them and they had dismissed him just to watch a stupid battle and ask stupid questions. Stupid adults! Even more stupid was the fact that he had stuck in one place for too long. He had heard that the mages had people who could seek other mages out and would hunt them down. In other words, they would likely follow him.

While running, and he was running quite fast, Mynron didn't realize he was running back to the campfire until he was staring at its flames. He grabbed some of the bread and turned to see if any of his companions had decided to follow. Whether some did or didn't, Mynron didn't wait to see. Mentally pointing at where the battle was, he physically ran in the other direction.

Tag: All

7. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Revising at GM's request.[face_thinking]

Mynron Sagik
    -Forest

"I don't want to die!"

Mynron turned to look at Orml, as the scream was one of pure terror and sent chills up Mynron's back. The situation had went from bad to worse. He had tried to tell his comrades that watching the battle as if it were a simply a distant memory was next to the dumbet thing to do, especially since both sideswere out for blood. He had also said that sooner or later, they would come after them. Nobody had listened, now all of them were about to die.

The boy was about to turn tail and sprint back into the forest when, as if a painful effect of Orml's scream, the ground began to shake violently, almost causing Mynron to lose touch with the earth itself, and out of, seemingly, nowhere(though they all knew it came from the ground) a dome-like wall rose to block them off from certain demise at the hands of either group of soldiers. Mynron silently counted his blessings, grabbing his chest in the process, and stood straight up, with a look of defiance on his face.

Orml then asked if the large wall were anyone else's doing. From where Mynron had been, it clearly looked like Orml had done it, and he proceeded to state as much. "From wher I was standin', it look like you did it." However, this was no time to be deliberating over whodunit. Right now, there was a reaction to a crisis that demanded their attention. Mynron clapped his hands together.

"Aight, dis wall ain't goin' to hold dem foreva." That was painfully obvious. The question was what were they going to do next. Then he said, "I say we retreat an hide an let'em kill each oder." He helped Skillian down from a tree, who suggested a similar plan. If the retreat didn't work, there was always attacking. Mynron had no problem with either plan.

Tag: All

8. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Sassana Elanun
    Rebel Lines, Battle Field, Earth Kingdom

Receiving about the response she expected to Sassana smiled coyly at the Corporal's grin. Mentally she was already a thousand miles away however. There were still so many things that needed to be done, plans that needed to be looked over one last time for any potential holes. Making sure everyone had the right equipment. Being an officer was not something she would wish on anyone, but it did allow her to do what she needed to do for herself. Help people.

Nodding to Lyle, she turned and walked away, hips swaying seductively. It was time to prepare herself mentally, as well as double check those last few things. It was going to be a drain, as any battle of this magnitude always was, and she would have to be very careful not to use too much power. Falling out in the middle of a battle was not her idea of fun. It had happened once, near the end of one. Many years ago. Too tired to even be afraid, Elanun had thought she was going to die, and really hadn't cared. That was when she was still very young though, but it had been days before she could even summon a wind again. Losing something that was so fundamentally a part of herself... Unnerving was a good word for it. This was the kind of thing that made you more careful, even as your tolerance and abilities grew with age. All Sassana knew was that she never wanted to feel that helpless again. Especially not on a battlefield.

TAG: No One (Sarge, if he wants one last one)

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Lor Amherst
    Edge of the battlefield, forest

War. It had been far too long since Lor witnessed the clash of swords and the scent of blood and death in the heat of battle. There was a sense of awe about the whole thing and as he crouched behind a patch of high grass on the edge of the battlefield, he found himself enthralled. In fact, he was so wrapped up in the fighting that he had made a point to shut out the conversations of those around him. They were babbling and he couldn't afford to lose his concentration at a critical moment such as this. And the longer he sat watching, the more he wanted to join them. He had the sudden urge to fight alongside his fellow man, swinging his sword freely through the air to cleave bone and flesh. The Mages thought it wise to flaunt their magic in order to cut down the soldiers of the rebellion, but Lor would show them. One swipe of his sword and they would be sorry. Very, very sorry...

The low rumble of a dog's bark broke his concentration and Lor turned, his brow knit as he observed Saber pacing restlessly with her golden eyes focused on a patch of land close to their position. Her ears were plastered to her head in agitation and Lor knew from experience that they were in danger. That's when he saw the men - huge men wielding various weapons as they stalked in their direction. Their position had been compromised and Lor had a feeling it had a lot to do with that young kid's big mouth! Pressing his lips into a thin line, Lor shot up from his hiding place and brought his sword around to bear in a white-knuckled grip, ready to fight.

"Go! Get out of here!" he shouted over the constant hum of the battle towards the others. "I can hold 'em..."

Saber retreated to the shadow being cast behind Lor and whimpered quietly, as if she was expressing her own doubts concerning Lor's last statement. His expression merely hardened and he muttered out of the corner of his mouth. "Hey, girl, I thought you were on my side."

The soldiers drew closer and Lor braced himself, but then, the earth shook. A sharp ripple shot under his feet, nearly knocking him to the ground before the earth gaped open in front of him and a giant mound pushed forth, forming a protective wall between them and the onrushing soldiers. Saber barked menacingly at the new obstruction and Lor, likewise, stared at it in awe, unable to believe his eyes. What had just happened? Was it...magic?

Not wanting to think about the possibility, Lor simply took the opportunity and ran, ushering the others to follow.

TAG: Chukles, Campfire Crew

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Alleria Deron
    Neo Alanvar, Earth Kingdom

Neo Alanvar, capital of the realm, was a fascinating city. Alleria trotted beside her mentor, trying not to gawk at the sights. The streets were wide, lined with trees and colourful street vendors and buildings of all shapes and sizes... and all around was magic, for this was also the Mages' seat of power. Street performers juggled balls of fire, enchanted to never burn or go out. Vendors sold an assortment of magical oddities - never-melting ice sculptures, everbright lamps, even an array of charming contraptions that spun as if blown by wind, casting rays of coloured light everywhere.

And everywhere there were mages. Mages in student robes, mages in travel cloaks, mages carrying large packages they couldn't possibly have managed without an enchantment, even the odd mage garbed in battle gear patrolling - one of the city's many concessions to security, for despite the magical barriers, the threat of infiltration still existed. That lent a decidedly martial hint to the cheer.

"In here," Alve told her, gesturing towards a small tavern. Alleria followed him in, staring around interestedly. She had been in taverns before in the Fire Kingdom, of course, but this one looked different enough to be fascinating. She was quite content to wait for her mentor, watching the barman as he poured drinks into glossy earthenware pots -

"My dear," came a voice from behind. Alleria turned to see a kindly old man, wearing a strange green cap that flowed down over his worn traveling robes. "Would you join an old traveler for a drink? It?s not every day I get to meet a mage. Yes, you are a mage, aren?t you? You have the look of one, certainly."

"You're too kind, sir," Alleria said with a smile. "I'm only an apprentice mage, I'm afraid. But I would be happy to join you," she added quickly. He did look kind, and after her nomadic childhood, travellers intrigued her.

TAG: Chuks

11. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Elicia Bathory

She watched the people around her start to panic but hold back the fear.

[b][i]?This or any other woods. But I haven?t been here long enough to get the lay of the land. You know these parts, don?t you?[/i][/b] Skillian said in a surprisingly calm voice [b][i]You should lead then. I?ll take the rear, a few of my arrows should make them think twice about following us when they get too close.?[/i][/b]

a scream [b]
    [blockquote][i]"I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"[/i][/blockquote]
    [/b]

She felt nothing.

The earth trembled and a wall rose from nowhere.

She felt nothing.

Skillian climbed a tree and reported that they where still coming as Dog Boy helped him down saying [b][i]
    "Aight, dis wall ain't goin' to hold dem foreva. I say we retreat an hide an let'em kill each oder."[/i][/b]

Still she felt nothing.

Even when the swordsmen bravely offered to sacrifice himself, she felt nothing.

It had taken her, as always. And she hated it.

Allen had once told her that in battle she seemed like a different person, how she always seemed so calm. Se was slightly drunk at the time and had told him something about herself she typically preferred not to share.

"It IS like I'm a different person, like all my emotions get turned off, all my fear, anger, adrenaline even. Everything, except this... Feral, savage intellect. All I see is whats in front of me, and my goal. Its like... pure thought. And it's like it enjoys the combat even as it deadens that enjoyment" He hadn't looked at her quiet the same after that, but he had accepted it. What she hadn't told him was how the very thing that took her emotions and made her so capable of killing was the thing she hated and feared most in the world.

And it had taken her again.

She watched the others run into the woods. And she smiled as she too melted back into the shadows. Loving every second of it.

[hr]

Tag whoever

OCC see chuckles? this is what you get when you call my Character "Unhinged" [face_tongue]

12. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    A SLIGHT NOTE ON MAGIC USE FOR YOU MAGIC USERS OUT THERE

So, you will shortly be faced with your first opportunity for combat, and I figure I need to explain a little about how magic can be used. If you are unsure of what you can do specifically, feel free to ask. My PM box is always open. How magic works is it's a pure act of will. No incantations and what not. However, at first (unless it manifests itself as ramza's character did and yours can do, and then only during stressful situations) you have to channel it through hands or feet or what not to keep it controlled. Until you gain the experience to focus it with your mind, you'll need to rely on hand movements like the Earth mage is doing. Aside from that, you can do whatever. You can say things, jump up and down, dance, spit... if you want to add style or flair, feel free to. For more powerful spells, you need to focus it and build it up. It is not realistic to level an army with merely a thought, after all. As well, your body can only take so much at one time, so over extending yourself can have dire consequences, including death in game if you try something far beyond your character's capabilities. Magic is very personal, so no two mages cast the same spell the same way. It depends on your mind and how it works. As such, you have a lot of creativity with what you can do with your element. As the game progresses, you'll quickly gain more and more potential. Just be realistic to your character, that's my main requirement. For instance, none of you could burn a forest with one thought instantly. Perhaps Mynron can start a small fire. Igrene might be able to shoot some small ice shards from her hands as opposed to an ice storm. I think you get my drift. :)

IC: Vailenar

The Earth mage watched carefully as his opponent reacted to his attack. It wasn?t a particularly unusual reaction, and he could certainly counter it. She did, however, scatter his mud, which caused issues. As well, the wind coming towards him posed as a complication as well.

He had been around though, so he countered in the best way he knew. Raising his right arm, he caused a wall to form in the path of the wind. He shaped it so that it was curved, redirecting the gust of wind right back into Sassana?s face. With another movement of his arm, the mage formed still-scattering mud into a sphere that encompassed Sassana. One last flourish and it hardened, slamming down towards the ground. Or at least that was his plan. A smirk crossed his face as he awaited what was to unfold.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

?As Sassana?s personal battle rage, Lyle and his archers caught the forty Alanva soldiers. After an order from our dear corporal, several arrows sailed through the air, glinting in the night?s false sunlight. They reached their peak, and began to fall. Lyle watched as ten soldiers fell, some dead and other merely injured. The remaining thirty made it to the trees before Lyle?s men could get off another barrage.

?However, the soldiers were soon surprised as they ran into a wall that was not there a moment before. Luckily for them, they were well acquainted with magic. As our Campfire Crew debated beyond the safety of their wall, the commander of the Alanva forces quickly made a decision. The wall was too tall to quickly scale, and wide enough that it made it difficult indeed to easily flank before their opponents overcame them.?

The bard yawned and stretched, and began to pick some meat off of the pheasant roasting on a fire. His audience didn?t like this. After their expression of disapproval, the bard laughed and continued. ?I have to eat too, you know. However, the young commander of the Alanva decided to split his men around the wall. Twenty men moved to the left and ten to the right.

?Lyle and his men soon entered the forest, catching glimpses of their enemies moving around the wall. Deciding quickly, Lyle and his men moved to their right. The much lighte

13. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Mynron Sagik
    -Forest

Leaving was no longer an option. They turned the corner and saw maybe fifteen or twenty mages, and he knew what mages looked like, coming for them. They did not look like they wanted to talk and make friends. Mynron froze, thinking that certain death was coming for him, but they apparantly had not seen him yet. He then found his feet were able to move once again and he quickly hid behind a tree and tried to control his breath.

He guessed that he would have to use his magic this time. When was the last time he done so? He didn't even know how to use it, just knew that he had to close his eyes, which he did, and control his breathing, he did that too. Then, summoning the heat from his chest and exhaling through his nose, he thrusted his hands out, channeling his energy up from his stomach and out through his hands. Palms open, eyes closed, but nothing came out. Well that would not be accurate. Something came out, but all it was was smoke.

He was blowing smoke. Literally.

Maybe his energy flow hit an intersection somewhere in his chest and made a turn, because Mynron found his mouth bellowing smoke like a small forest fire. This was good, because it would provide cover. It was bad, because he couldn't stop. Closing his mouth made it come out of his nose and his chest was starting burn, intensely. Clinching his heart and falling to his knees, the boy began to cough. He began to cough small sparks out of his mouth, which he caught with his hand. Then he heard the footsteps getting louder behind him, he needed to do something, fast.

He clinched his fist as he stopped coughing and it started to glow. Then his fist became engulfed in flames, which burned. He grabbed one hand with the other hand, then both hands were on fire and burning. While this was happening, two mages appeared on opposite sides of him, but before they could act, Mynron, acting on instinct, punched one in the face. The mage's face then burst into flames and he went down screaming in pain. Mynron grinned and turned to the other guard, pushed his chest, then watched as the man's chest burst into flames.

Apparantly, whatever the boy touched with his fire hands, caught fire. This was good. Real good. And realizing that, Mynron grabbed the arm of the next mage he saw and watched as it burst into flames, much to the mage's despair.

Tag: Campfire Crew

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Valen Tomask
    On the battlefield...

This young man was beginning to irk Valen. It was like trying to catch an hyperactive child, after they had consumed a bowl of candy. Valen needed to slow him down.

The young man ducked back, and Valen's hammer passed his chest whre it had been a second before. However, he didn?t stop there. He let his left hand press flat on the ground as his body bent inhumanly backwards. He fell into a one-handed hand stand for just a moment, and then sprang back a few feet, landing in a nimble crouch.

A few curses came to Valen's mind, as he watched the man land a few feet back. With hardly a moment?s pause between actions, the young warrior sprang forward, jumping to Valen?s right at the last minute and bringing his sword around in a slash.

Valen had enough of this.

This is when experienced came into play. With one hand, Valen planted his huge sword in the ground in front of him. That should take care of attacks coming at him. with his other hand, he swung the hammer...

But that was a diversion. He brought his foot up as he swung the hammer, moving it faster than most thought he could normally move, and planted it down. Aiming for the other man's foot and leg. Heavy leather hob nobbed boots. Valen would take some damage most likely. But the man would be within his reach, and unable to dance away.

And then, he would be Valen's.

TAG:Chukles

15. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Igrene
    Woods

She had run, but not too far. These were the men who had killed her protectors. She had come here to kill as many of them as possible. Why should she leave now? To survive? Igrene hadn´t decided that it was what she wanted, yet.

When the wall build and Myron began spreading fire she watched. Slowly going to her knees and her cold eyes never leaving the soldiers. She took up a branch at the ground. Her cold icy pupils spasmed for a second and then vanished into the white of her eyes. Smoke came from her hands, as they grew cold and then her fragile body raised. Fighting. She was trained in that. Obviously the monks had given her animals to kill. But the difference was minimal. Well, she felt sorry for killing animals, actually. She had never felt anything when killing humans.

When the first soldier moved she leaped towards them, smashing her branch of tree on him and while he blocked it, grinning about the easiness with which he defended himself her hand reached at his throat. Touching it for a moment only. It froze. All liquid in it turning to ice. She passed him, not caring for him dying of slow, and terrible painful suffocating. He couldn´t fight with such pain. that was all that mattered. Her hands now blue and the air around it turning to a small fog when touching the cold she watched the men around her. Slowly taking the spear of the man she had killed and smiling an icy smile. Even colder than her hands.

"Next?" She asked and the next one did her the favour to attack. This one would loose his face to her icy touch she decided. And made best use of being so much faster than the armored men . . .

Tag: Chuckle, others

16. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    ~woods~

After Skillan had jumped out of the tree, most of the others ran off, everyone in his or her own direction. He had hoped the woman they had met here would make them follow her, take them somewhere that might be safe or at least defendable, but instead she stepped back into the shadows with a strange smile on her beautiful face and disappeared from view.

Skillan shivered when he saw that smile. And wondered why he suddenly felt a rush of dissapointment. Where had that come from?

He had no time to think about it, those soldiers wouldn?t let an earthen wall stop them. Taking his bow back in hand, one of the heavy troll arrows nicked and ready, he ran away from the proximity of the wall, the first place those soldiers would probably look.

He didn?t run far. He was fast, but this was the forest and running away from dangerous animals, or trolls, always was riskier than making sure where they were and what they did, and act accordingly. It wouldn?t be different when the danger came from humans.

Skillan transformed as he always did when on the hunt. He became a being light as air and silent as falling snow. With noiseless steps, all his movements made with utter care, he used every cover available to him to disappear.

Soldiers ran past him, without seeing him. Their noise made it almost laughably easy to avoid them. He melted through the bushes and the shadows of the trees, away from battle and dead, arrow ready, but hopefully not necessary.

He didn?t want to kill another human being, he just wanted to get away.

Creaking leather and the sound of metal on metal in front of him made him freeze where he was. More soldiers. He backed up, looking for another route to get out of there when fire sprang up in front of him, lighting a scene that made him go cold inside.

Men bursting into flames and Mynron, grabbing a third soldier with hands of fire. Igrene, bringing a man down with only one touch of her hand, leaving him choking and in death throes on the forest floor as she asked coldly, ?Next??

At that moment they scared him, the boy and the strange woman, killing so easily, one with magic, the other in a way he didn?t understand. He started to back away, sickened by the stench of burning flesh and the screams of pain, wanting no part of this, but those burning bodies right between the trees created a threat greater than those soldiers would ever be.

He stepped from his concealment. ?Run, you two!? he yelled, ?before that fire spreads.? Not watching if they heeded his warning, he had already turned and this time he kept running.

Nothing else you could do if those flames started a forest fire, except hoping that somehow they wouldn't.

TAG: chuckles, blubeast, sirakromar, everyone else in the woods

17. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Elicia Bathory

Elicia ghosted through the forest at an angle away from where most of the rest had fled. She soon found the spot she was looking for and quickly and quietly pushed herself into a bush on the side of a clearing that an easily discernible deer path led into.

She was rewarded when a man stepped into the clearing beside her, and turned to call out behind him.

She stepped out and efficiently slit his throat while drawing her cleaver from it's sheath at her belt.

Hearing an exclamation and heavy foot steps coming up behind her she turned and caught a descending sword with her cleaver deflecting it down to her left into the ground. She then reversed her momentum, breaking the contact between her cleaver and the mans sword and slashed up, cutting the man down.

Leaving her cleaver stuck where it was she rolled backwards into the undergrowth to await the two's companions, drawing another knife as she did.

She had gotten out of view just in time.

Three more men rushed into the clearing and surrounded the bodies and then instinctively turned back to back looking out into the woods.

If there had been four of them this would have been a good idea, but as it was there was a hole in their formation. A hole pointing at her hiding place.

Not one to question her good fortune, she silently ran out, bent forward, to hamstring the men on her left and on her right, inciting a howl of pain from each. And then, careful to step over the body, she plunged both of her knives into the last one's lower back. She then stepped around him as he joined his fellows in their noise, drawing his sword from his hand as she pushed him forward to the ground and spinning with the sword at neck level to catch his friends as the both turned towards her.

Not realizing yet in their pain and fear what had happened neither had risen their swords, and she cut through the first one easily. However, the second was taller and she, unused to this heavy a weapon, struck his pauldron and had some of her momentum stolen so the second one was not so clean.

It didn't matter, leaving the sword she knelt and recovered both her cleaver and her knives as she heard signs of battle erupt around her.

She turned towards the nearest and carefully made her way towards it to see Dog Boy and the girl who had spoken briefly to her in a battle with twenty Mages.

[b][i] ?Run, you two!before that fire spreads.?[/i][/b] she turned and saw Skillian heed his own advice and run into the forest to escape the flames.

Seeing that they couldn't disengage from their fight without exposing themselves to the Mages, she considered her options.

[i]Screw it[/i] She thought [i]I'm behind the Mages, I'll draw some attention away from the kids[/i].

With that she rushed forward, hurling her knives one after the other into the backs of the unarmored Mages, on catching again in the lower back and the other catching one in the shoulder. Ignoring those, she rolled and came up between the two farthest back as they where turning to see where the knives had come from. She drew to knives out of her sleeves with lightening speed and implanted them into their exposed necks.

The two she had downed at the first had started screaming, though the one she had hit in the back sounded rather weak, so she to turned and disappeared again into the dense undergrowth.

[hr]

TAG Sirak, Bluebeast. Chuckles. people.

18. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    QUICK NOTE FOR CAMPFIRE CREW, WHICH INCLUDES WINKWINK

The attacking forces are heavily armored soldiers, not mages. There are no actual mages in the group. Perhaps I was not clear about that, but it changes the fighting a good bit. I don't think any rewrites are really called for, just keep that in mind. If the confusion came from referring to the army as the Alanva, then that term refers to the military of the Mages of Alanvar, not the Mages themselves. I will always refer to mages as Mages (If they are affiliated with the Mages of Alanvar) or mages is they are not. Thank you for your time. :)

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Woods

Ten down and only two of his own wounded. Not exactly a bad result considering that it had been a fair ten on ten battle. Well...maybe not exactly fair...

"Come on," Lyle urged, pushing his men on. This had only been the smaller of the two groups that had split off at the earth wall that had appeared. Going left and taking out the group that had seemed twice as big had been tempting but going for the ten would've, in his mind, proved to be easier and faster to take care of.

And yes, Sassana's little "advice" about working a little more on keeping his men alive had a part in it.

At least this way he knew that the bigger group wasn't going to have reinforcements anytime soon. And if he and his men perform as well as they did here, Lyle saw no trouble with wrapping this up and heading back to the main battle.

But what is it that we're wrapping up? the archer questioned to himself, cloak billowing out behind him as he moved through the forest, passing between trees and through bushes. Behind him, a rustle of the same bush that he passed and the pairs of footsteps that trailed after him.

It didn't look like reinforcements was what was dwelling in these woods. At least not what Lyle could see. The earth wall was a big part of it. If you were looking to get some reinforcements that were hiding in the woods, what was with the wall that would delay their meet-up? Only one kind of person would be able to perform such a feat and that was a mage...which could only be a Mage of Alanvar.

Ah, too confusing. Best to just find the other group and perhaps whoever else may be in here. And hopefully that whoever else may be a possible friend rather then an enemy.

The fires pointed him towards the destination that he needed to go. Two flames that burned brightly within the darkness of the woods. And as he looked, a third one seemed to sprout into existence. With a look back over his shoulder, Lyle motioned with one hand to the left, and then to the right; a silent signal to tell his men to spread out which they did so as ordered. Archers, especially when some of said archers were hunters, were a nice group to be with. Knew how to move, relied on not only verbal but silent commands, and of course good with a bow. That's how they triumphed over the first group of enemies, and that's how they were going to do so with this one.

With some help. Those three fires that Lyle had first seen were not from wood or vegetation that may've caught on fire. Especially when one of the three flames had screams that were still dying in his throat and was still moving. A strange scene that Lyle stumbled onto. A child that was within the middle of those human torches, and not too far away was a woman as well...who had her own corpse at her feet.

Considering the dead men happened to be the same men that Lyle had been after, he could safely say that he may've found some new friends. And new friends were worth protecting.

Hoping that the rest of his men were able to see the obvious just as he did, Lyle lifted arm up and over his shoulder so that his hand could grasp one of the many arrows that filled his quiver. Raising his bow with his left hand as his right brought the arrow forward and notched it, Lyle pulled it back. The arrowhead was one of the many that he created on his own. The head of this arrow was short and rigid; offering better range and accuracy then the other arrows that Lyle had. With some of the blacksmithing skills that Lyle had learned, the arrowhead could pierce through armor if it had enough power behind it.

Was good for hitting the exposed portions of armor as well. Lyle actually crouched down just a little, raised the bow up...and fired, sending the arrow flying and the projectile sank into the exposed armpit of an enemy soldier that had been charging forward to join the fight with the kid and the woman.

TAG: Chukles, SirakRomar, blubeast, Woods People

20. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Elicia Bathory

The confusions was just to much for them.

First, a child and a tiny young women kill four of them within moments, then suddenly another tree are dead behind them, with one injured.
    And THEN a volley of arrows comes out of the forest and kills or injures another eight.

Apparently somebody had killed their commander because discipline was... lax.

This allowed Ell to take careful aim and hurl a knife right into the neck of a soldier who had knelt to help the one she had struck in the shoulder.

She smiled again[i]I'm doing well tonight, although those first to knives where damn lucky finding seams like that.[/i]

One made a break for the woods, looking behind him, she could see the terror in his face and in his bearing.

She shadowed him for a few yards and then stepped in front of him as he turned his head back around, drawing her cleaver again from it's sheath.

"Don't you know it's dangerous to go running threw the woods at night?" She asked nonchalantly.

As he whipped his head back around, she made the mistake of looking into his eyes.

[i]He's so young...[/i]

She looked back on the night, and what she had done. What she had felt while doing it.

[i]What have I become. father, you would be ashamed of me[/i]

Still holding onto the edge of whatever took her in battle, she held rein on her emotions. She would deal with that later.

Realizing she must cut quite an imposing figure covered in blood as she was, she gave the frozen soldier a way out.

"Throw done your sword and I will let you live."

He looked at her a moment and then did as she said.

Relieved, she ordered him to turn around with a gesture "Lets go see if your friends are as smart as you."

[hr]

TAG Chuckels, Sarge, Bluebeast, sirak, foresty peoples

21. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Igrene
    Forest Battle

And the battle spread. Burning flesh, flying arrows, knifes, swords, panic, death.

Igrene wanted to throw herself into it. Wanted to tap into the energy of the moment. And she laughed out with joy, as one of the left attackers grabbed her arm. She grabbed his elbow in exchange. It froze and made him collapse with pain. Arrows brought him down. Igrene did not waste any more time on him but hurled the spear she had taken from her first victim into the next soldier she could reach.

"Is that all? Do you even try to life?" She shouted out, hurling herself into another one. her fast move gaave him not time to point out his weapon. Her hands freezing his face and throat. The man had the will to at least stab at her. She blocked the arm. The power of the man´s muscles almost too much for her. He screamed in pain but tried to force his blade into her while she was psuhing it away with little success. Quickly she grabbed beneath the armor and immediately his muscles stopped. His pains becoming a sobing as he went to his knees. Heavy trying to breath or move. A grin appeared on her face and she withdrew the mans own dagger and rammed it into his eye.

Looking around she expected the battle to be almost over. Her eyes searched for wounded. Enemies to kill painfully or her allies. It made sense to take care of allies, after all.

Tag: Forest Guys

22. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Alleria Deron
    Neo Alanvar, Earth Kingdom

Alleria sat back, regarding the old man closely. A gentle interrogation had not quite been what she had been expecting.

"I'm afraid I haven't," she said carefully. "It is common for mages to have secondary roles as well - in fact, I'd say that being a mentor is the secondary role - but it's not usually secret, you know..."

Although - Alleria glanced over the old man's shoulder at Alve. Alve did disappear mysteriously from time to time, sometimes with as little word as a hastily-scribbled note slipped under her door saying he'd be gone for 'a while'. What he did - whatever he did - was secret.

"For instance," she continued, to cover her sudden disquiet, "the head of the Apprentice section also mentors an apprentice of his own. It's not so unusual." She smiled at the old man. "There are many rumours about the Mages - I heard many myself before becoming an Apprentice - and most of them aren't true."

Most, but perhaps not this one; Alleria resisted the urge to shoot Alve another glance. Time to change the subject before it got too dicey. "So where have you been travelling?" she asked, with an air of innocent curiosity. "I've always loved to travel. My family moved around often when I was little, and I miss it."

TAG: Chuks

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Orml Chal
    The Forest

While the wall was certainly a splendid bit of sorcery at the hands of some unknown benefactor - the battle-hungry one had said it had been Orml, but that was ludicrous - Orml knew that he didn't have time to waste on gawking it. He had to get out of there.

A gaggle of troops rounded the outer edge, and several of his compatriots sprang into horrific action, not even bothering to hold back. Weren't the soldiers people as well? Did they not deserve a chance to live? Fire, smoke, and blood came out of the ranks. Arrows began flying. The whole thing had erupted into its own microcosm of the larger battle, complete with the horror. Why did man look upon another man and say "You are different from me, therefore you must die"? The sort of attitude sunk people to a rank lower than even the beasts.

Orml dashed off amidst the confusion, hoping to find somewhere to hide himself, or to escape. Some would say that this was a cowardly act, but given the choice between fleeing, dying, or killing, it didn't seem to Orml that any option aside from running was desirable.

When he decided he had placed sufficient distance between himself and the battle, he turned around. He looked from the campfire goers on the offensive, to the troops, to the archers, to the campfire crew... and he could not tell the difference.

TAG: Chuks, Campfire Crew, Sarge

24. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    ~woods~

Skillan didn?t get far. The breaking of a branch, its snap loud even with all the noise around and the screaming behind him, made him stop immediately and back away, melting into the shadows again.

More soldiers. They were running, but unlike he had been doing, they didn?t try to hide themselves. And they were running towards the battle and the flames he had just left.

He looked back and knew, just knew, that Mynron and Igrene were still there, beside the flames, with more soldiers coming their way.

He had lived all his life by the hunting code of Surt, the code his father had believed in with all his heart, and one of the main rules was ?no one gets left behind?.

But he didn?t know these people, not really. They were strangers he had only just met.

Mynron was only a kid. Igrene was from the Ice Kingdom, like himself.

And he had seen them kill....

Not that these soldiers, attacking for no reason, had given them a choice.

He turned and silently hurried back, not really knowing what he could do. Maybe distract some of those soldiers, wound them, try and make them follow him? From what he had seen of them, he had no doubt he could loose them easily in the woods.

Someone else moved to the battle and he stopped, again hidden. Another soldier. And a person walking behind him.

The woman? Still here? With one of the soldiers leading her way?

Then he saw her holding a wicked looking cleaver, ready for use, where the soldier held no weapon, as if she was herding him. And behind her?.

A shout came from the battle. "Is that all? Do you even try to life?"

But Skillan?s attention was completely on the movement he saw behind the woman. More soldiers suddenly ran forward, one with a huge ax ready to swing at the woman, at her back.

Instinct took over and Skillan?s arrow flew. An arrow made specifically for the huge mountain trolls with their tough hide, its point narrow, sharp and from the hardest steel. From this close it went straight through the man?s armory, where it was weakest, at his side.

Skillan didn?t watch him fall, he didn?t watch the woman to see what she did, he already had his next arrow nocked even before the first reached its target. When the second soldier started to topple over, his third arrow sped to the last of them.

Only when all three lay on the mossy ground did he realize he had done as he had been trained to do, make sure all his shots were killing shots. Three bodies lay on the forest floor, unnaturally quiet, blood flowing out of them. Long strands of hair escaped from beneath one helmet, concealing that soldiers face, but not the outflung hand that seemed to try and ward off evil. Eyes stared at him from the nearest one, a death stare, from a face as smoothly shaven as his own.

So different from any animal he had ever killed.

He could only stare back, his bow lax in his hand for the first time since the chase began.

TAG: chuckles, winkwink, anyone in the woods

25. WINKWINK

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Elicia Bathory

Ell heard somthing move behind her at the same moment somthing else whistled past her ear.

She quickly rolled to the side and turned but by then all three of the men had been felled.

Realizing it must have been Skillian she turned to look for him.

And saw that her captive had taken this moment to try and attack her.On instinct she struck out with her cleaver to keep his reaching hands at bay, striking his left one clean off.This only enraged the soldier as he rushed towards her.

She backed away frantically and implanted her cleaver into his right arm at the shoulder but still he tried to club her with the stump left on his other.

Grabbing his left arm with her right and pulling down to push him off balanced she yelled frantically "Stop it!" as she slugged him in the side of the head.

Even then he got up and tried to rush at her, losing his helmet in his rage, but she just turned and used his own momentum against him to throw him again.

The loss of his helmet was his down fall, for his head struck a rock with a loud THWACK and he lay there in the stillness of death.

Elicia looked down at him stunned.

[i]Is this all I can do? even in mercy must I kill?[/i]

Angry now she turned the corpse over and straddeled the body screaming into his dead face "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! YOU COULD HAVE LIVED, I WOULD HAVE LET YOU LIVE!" Her anger abating she got up "Why wouldn't you let me not kill you" She sobbed quietly in question, as she slumped down at a tree a few feet away.

[i]It's not fair. IT'S NOT FAIR! WHY DOES EVERYTHING I DO END IN DEATH[/i] she silently asked clenching her fists.

She had another face to add to her silent montage.

[hr]

TAG Chuckels, seremela ,campfire crew, sarge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.