main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Digital Viewing

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Soothsayer, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Do I remember correctly that the digital theaters are going to have a few extra scenes?

For some reason I want to say I read that but I am not 100%

2. wtehomie

wtehomie Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    I remember reading that too, I don't know how true it is though.

3. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    We'll see... I am seeing it tonight off of a film print, but there is a digital theatre somewhat near me (read: an hour a way) that hopefully I can drag my friends to.

Mr. P

4. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    I watching it digital tonight, and then on film twice tomorrow. If there's new/missing scenes, I'll let you know (spoiler free of course!). ;)

5. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    My theater's digital [face_dancing]. Stadium seating is far more important to me, though.

6. Darth_Rabe

Darth_Rabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    Theaters usually post or annunce running times for their movies. Has anyone noticed any discrepancies in the running times listed??

7. Lukecash

Lukecash Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Well, I messed up. The theater that I went to actually had digital screens... however I ordered on Fandango and didn't get the right ones. Stil Stadium seating baby, midnight showing!

8. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i'm attending the midnight showing, but i was calling to check on times for tomorrow and the phone message at my theater said that the digital version contained 10 minutes more. i think it said 155 minutes.

edit: 35mm is 146 minutes, so..yep.

9. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    So any definite word on this now that the movie is out?

If so what is different?

10. zenwave

zenwave Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    There are no additional scenes.

I saw it twice in a regular presentation, and then saw it digitally projected - there was nothing added at all.

11. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I heard from the 3SA that there was nothing extra with the digital versions. Guess you'll just have to have your fingers crossed for the DVD, if there's anything filmed that you wanted.

12. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    Thanks for the update.

Being spoiler free I have no idea what may have been left on the cutting room floor, but I am sure I will learn of them soon enouhg

EDIT:
    off topic, but is there a list of deleted scenes anywhere?

13. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    hmm, i don't understand. i just called my theater and they are still saying 35mm projection=146 minutes and digi projection=155 minutes?

14. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    TFN posted a list of deleted scenes about a month ago. I never read any of them, of course, but I know that such a list exists. Perhaps if you scan their archives, you'll find it.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    revenge of the wind!

15. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I didnt notice any new scenes in the digital version.

16. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    Mace Windy posted on 5/22/05 8:13pm
    TFN posted a list of deleted scenes about a month ago. I never read any of them, of course, but I know that such a list exists. Perhaps if you scan their archives, you'll find it.

[face_cool] [b]Mace Windy,[/b]
    revenge of the wind!
    [hr][/blockquote]
    i just found the list, i believe, you are referring to. the scene that i had heard was supposed to be the extra (if i even heard right) was included in the list of what was deleted. :( oh well.

17. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    WOuld you mind linking that list if you still have it

I can not seem to find it in the archives

18. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    Soothsayer posted on 5/23/05 4:07pm
    WOuld you mind linking that list if you still have it

I can not seem to find it in the archives
    [hr][/blockquote]
    sure [link=http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/revenge_of_the_sith_deleted_scenes_91018.asp]here[/link] it is.

19. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    So I checked the list of deleted scenes, but I have no idea what some of them mean.

6, 7, 8-14, 25, 30, 32, 37-41: FedCruiser scenes cut ....underwater swim...many of R2's hangar gags, many Palpatine cliffhangers)
    - What underwater swim? On a ship? And was Artoo meant to have more gags?

88-89: Padme presents to Palpatine the Senators' petition
    - That one I would love to see in the movie.

93: Utapau windmill
    - What was suppose to happen there?

121: "crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST
    - "Crazy" Yoda? Don't know if I like the sound of that.

20. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    Thanks for the list.

For the most part it looks like they may have been good cuts, but I look forward to seeing some of them on the DVD especially.

Yoda on Dagobah
    and all the ones involving Padme, since i felt she could have done more.

21. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I wonder why they chose to leave out the beginning of the Rebellion. I would really like to have the scene with Mon Mothma in the movie, since that would make it clear who exactly she is in ROTJ. The way it looks now, she's just some random Rebel leader. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but....

Mon Mothma is hot to trot
    or so they say

/LM

22. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    - What underwater swim? On a ship?

In the Swedish comic book-version of the movie, when Obi-Wan and Anakin are surrounded by droidekas, they cut a hole in the floor and jump down to the level below, which is filled with water (actually, I think it's fuel). It must be that scene.

23. Darth_Sailant

Darth_Sailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    I wonder why they chose to leave out the beginning of the Rebellion. I would really like to have the scene with Mon Mothma in the movie, since that would make it clear who exactly she is in ROTJ.
    Lucas said (in 'The Making Of ROTS' book) that during postproduction he ultimately decided to focus on the scenes that helped to tell Anakin's story, therefore the Rebellion sub-plot was cut.

The Yoda ending was also sacrificed, as he felt that there were too many endings on different planets.

I guess they'll all end up on the DVD, (albeit on the bonus disc).

24. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    Darth_Sailant posted on 5/24/05 10:45am

The Yoda ending was also sacrificed, as he felt that there were too many endings on different planets.

I guess they'll all end up on the DVD, (albeit on the bonus disc).
    [hr][/blockquote]
    the yoda going to dagobah thing was supposed to be the extra footage in the digital i thought? i mean, obviously it's not in there, of course. i guess my theater must've just made a mistake when listing a discrepancy of 10 minutes running time between the digital and 35mm since everyone who's seen both has said there isn't any difference.

25. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I really really hope Lucas and co. make every effort possible to put every deleted scene back into the movie in an extended cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.