main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A DVD release party?

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Darth_Anakin29, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Anakin29

Darth_Anakin29 Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    I don't know if this has been thought of or even suggested, but does anyone know of any plans for a DVD release/viewing party for the OT?

Just curious as to if there would be any.

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hmm sounds like a good idea. i like it!

stiney, get me a danish!

3. Darth_Anakin29

Jul 28, 2004
    Thanks...would be pretty cool thing to have? I think.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I can't wait till they come out.

SW on DVD
    THX 1138 on DVD.

Wow this year I'm not dreading the fall.

-Seldon

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    And both Ewok TV movies and Ewoks/Droids toons are supposed to be out on DVD before xmas :) :)

6. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I have been thinking of making a near future meet a OT DVD viewing. would be a good time.

7. Darth_Anakin29

Jul 28, 2004
    Yea I think a OT DVD viewing would be a good time for a future meet...but I'm new, what do I know? ;)

-pre-ordered his copy of Star Wars: Battlefront yesterday.

8. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Sounds like we may need to start scheduling virtual Battlefront meets :)

9. Darth_Anakin29

Jul 28, 2004
    Dex,

I'm game for a virtual Battlefront meet. That'd be awesome. :)

10. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    after months of standing firm against getting the DVDs....i now stand faced with a twinge of desire for them. and it's all because they've added new lines to vader's hologram conversation with the emperor.

...does that make me a geek?

11. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Eh, I already got mine! [face_blush]

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, Carrie, you may only have to wait until 2007 til the next set comes out. What's 3 more years? :p

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    :p to you dex

tom ended up getting them of course. so i'm currently mooching off his. i only got about 2/3 into ANH though. i still don't like the jabba, though it's a marked improvement. and i'm sorry but the greedo thing.....grr...it's still not good. whhhhyyyyy does he have to shoot first?

otherwise, i skipped ahead in empire and watched the new emperor hologram/vader conversation with the added dialogue and i was pleased with that. i have yet to hear the new boba fett lines (or new recording of them anyway) but as we all know i'm a boba fett diehard so it might be a little difficult to sell me on that. we'll see... more viewing tonight...

14. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I felt like Gollum going in to pick up my copies. It was like, "I gots the precious!" and was shoo-ing away those you would keep the precious from me. I've watched Empire twice already. I'm am one happy, sedated, Moby.

15. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I thought they were going to fix the Greedo thing! Dammit, George! Botched the most important thing!

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    He didn't fix it, he tweaked it. Greedo still shoots first, but barely. Yes I geeked out and watched it frame by frame.
    Greedo fires first and Han shoots him, twice! Solo's reaction is much improved over the SE though, looks a lot more natural. Now if they could just CG in a blast burn on the wall by his head...
    I'm just amazed at the restoration job, it's like it's brand spankin new again. Everything just pops on the screen.

17. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    the restoration is wonderful, yes, but i must take issue with something you said dex:

Solo's reaction is much improved over the SE though, looks a lot more natural.

natural? natural?! i really felt it looked like they just took han's image and rotated it to the left, it looked awful. i just wish that scene could go back to the way it was.

i was also thinking...as a little kid, i liked imagining throughout the first and second movies what jabba looked like. i mean, yeah, the CGI's better now, but i loved the whole saving him for the end thing. it's great that way.

back to my old VHS tapes i guess...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.