main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Healer's Story - The Death of Qui-Gon Jinn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Granny-Wan, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granny-Wan

Granny-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2009
    A few nights after Obi-Wan and qui-Gon left the Temple for Naboo, Traelyn was deeply asleep when suddenly, a jolt in the Force startled her awake.

"Master Qui-Gon?" She said out loud. She shook her head, trying to get a sense of the disturbance she'd just felt. Whatever it was, she was certain something was not right. She reached out into the Force, searching for his presence, but there was nothing. She searched for Obi-Wan, but the currents of the Force that swirled around him were cloudy and dark.

She needed to find her Master.

She grabbed her lightsaber and went looking for Master Jeran. He was not in his apartment, so she headed for the Infirmary, and found him packing some medical equipment. She waited for him to finish, but he could sense her distress and looked up.

"Traelyn?" He asked.

"I felt a disturbance in the Force, Master, like a death. I think it was Master Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan is in great pain."

He sighed and put his arm around her shoulders. "I'm sorry, Traelyn, but you are right. Master Jinn is dead. We must go to Naboo and see about his... his mortal remains."

Traelyn looked away, blinking back her tears.

"I told the Council I would go personally, I knew you would want to be there. And Obi-Wan could use a friend, I'm sure. Go get dressed, we must leave for Naboo right away."

"Yes, Master," she replied automatically.

On board the ship with Master Jeran and the Council members, Traelyn spent her time sleeping or meditating. In the Force, she could still feel Qui-Gon's physical pain and Obi-Wan's mental anguish. Hang on, Obi-Wan, I'm coming.

Master Yoda raised an ear and looked in her direction, but said nothing.

Upon their arrival at Theed, Master Jeran asked to be taken to Qui-Gon immediately. They were led through long hallways until they reached the room where his body lay, with Obi-Wan keeping watch.

The Council members started to enter the room, but Master Jeran turned to them and put his hand up.

"We will take care of this," he said, motioning for Traelyn.

"But we must investigate," said Master Windu.

"I will give you my findings after I have examined the body," he said firmly.

"We must question Padawan Kenobi," Windu tried again.

"We must see to his condition as well," Jeran replied. "We will let you know when you may speak with him. Now go, please, and let us do our work. Come, Padawan," he steered Traelyn into the room ahead of him, closing the door firmly behind him, leaving the Council members to gather at the window.

Traelyn was impressed at how he handled them, but he was the Master Healer and this was his area of authority.

Obi-Wan looked up. "Traelyn," he said softly.

Traelyn looked at him with love and sympathy in her eyes, but she couldn't bear to look at Qui-Gon's body. Not yet.

"Traelyn, take Obi-Wan into the next room and see if he's injured, please," Master Jeran said.

Obi-Wan rose from his chair, "I'm not injured, Master, I..." Traelyn put her finger to her lips and led him into the next room, away from the window.

As she closed the inner door behind them, she held out her arms to Obi-Wan, and he nearly fell into them, burying his face on her shoulder and letting his tears flow. She wrapped her arms around him, stroking his head, and emanating soothing Force energy in his direction.

"Obi-Wan," she said gently, her own tears falling into his hair.

"I couldn't save him," he sobbed. "I couldn't get to him in time."

She rocked him back and forth and let him cry. When his shaking lessened, she guided him over to a comfortable looking chair and made him sit. Kneeling in front of him, she looked him in the eye.

"Are you injured, Obi-Wan?" She asked, while visually checking him over. She placed her hand on his chest and sought the Force, checking for damage.

"No, I'm not," he replied, drying his tears on his sleeve. "Just bumps and bruises."

She placed her fingers on his temples and began to send healing tendrils into his mind.

"Stop that," he said angrily. "You can't just wave away my pain."

"Nothing's going to take your pain away, Obi-Wa

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I knew you had a PG story hidden somewhere. :p

"We must question Padawan Kenobi," Windu tried again.

Sometimes Mace just gets on my nerves. I can understand the need of a Jedi to remain detached, but a complete lack of understanding can never aleviate any situation. He seems a bit rigid, growing arrogant like the old Order.

"Obi-Wan," she said gently, her own tears falling into his hair.

Oh, Obi-Wan. :_| Poor Obi-Wan. He's got such a good heart.

"You might not want to tell the Council that, my friend.

Yeah, they tend to get a little funny when you say things like that...:p

"I can't believe you stood up to them like that," Obi-Wan said.

Neither can I! Here's a side of Traelyn I've never seen before. Good for her! Sometimes the Council needs a good kick in the Jedi knickers. ;)

3. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Loved it!

"No honor to your master, do you do with your tears, young Obi-Wan,"

I don't believe Yoda would say that about Obi crying grrrr...thank the force someone stood up to the council :)

I really enjoyed it :)

4. Granny-Wan

Jan 12, 2009
    Amazing what a little hand-holding can do...

I'm glad I could convey that arrogance somewhat... that was what I intended.

Well, she did it for Obi-Wan. Probably not the wisest choice, but she loves him... [face_whistling]

5. Granny-Wan

Jan 12, 2009
    Glad you liked it! As for Yoda, he's the one who told Anakin that he shouldn't mourn the dead... so I see him as one who is either unfeeling, which I don't think is the case, or one who tries to SHOW that he's unfeeling!

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    It's what I would've done! And who wouldn't love him...[face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.