main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~~A Little Fall of Rain~~ (Luke/Mara AU) *Author Notes 3/18/05, please read*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Marawannabe, Dec 28, 2001.

1. attack_of_the_mer

attack_of_the_mer Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2002
    a few days? it's been ten... yes, i know i'm being demanding, but i would really like to know what happens, as i'm sure everyone else does. it's been since august. ...

2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Much as I would like to know what happens next, I'm pretty sure that this story isn't all Mara has to think about in her life. She's said she would post when she can; let's take her at her word. I'll be happy to read the rest whenever she finds time to post.

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    this was around page 25, I thought I'd give it a little boost.

You can thank me later!

4. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Yep. As someone who works with Jalen on another story...she's busy, it takes awhile, but when she does write something, it's always worth the wait.

-Tim

5. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
  6. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    well, uh, I guess we could try to predict what's going to happen next

I personally think Mara will survive, but will be in pretty bad shape for quite some time, making everyone wonder if she'll make it. The whole political crisis will consist of a very deadly battle that sparks a long war in which our brave Luke will be called away from Mara's side while she recovers. Leia, Han, and Luke will save the day as always.

Calista will meet precious death by a vengeful Mara in some creative and deserving way, such as the Far Side comic with the guy tied upside down with a suit of armor and flippers on, Christmas lights wrapped around him, and his head stuffed in a fishbowl. I seem to remember something being in his mouth but alas, I can't remember what. [face_devil]

That's my far-fetched guess. Anyone else want to share?

7. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Callista will meet precious death by a vengeful Mara in some creative and deserving way, such as the Far Side comic with the guy tied upside down with a suit of armor and flippers on, Christmas lights wrapped around him, and his head stuffed in a fishbowl. I seem to remember something being in his mouth but alas, I can't remember what.

LOL!

Hmmm...I think Mara will recover sloooowly, poor, naive Luke never realizing it was Callista that almost did his sweetie in.

It'll all come down to one life-or-death, climactic lightsaber battle where golden-yellow and ice-blue clash violently, both women arguing over how much they love Luke, and which one deserves him. Something perilous will happen to dear Lukie, and Mara will risk her life to save him, thus prooving herself to be the worthiest of the two. ;)

8. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    I think the guy had a fish in his mouth if I remember correctly....

Anyway, don't forget that Callie has to string Luke on a bit, thereby creating angst and tension between Luke and Mara before she is caught being....bi-...I mean Sithly. [face_devil]

inez

9. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    :eek: Wow, you guys are brutal! Not that I like the girl (in fact, I think her very existence in the SW universe was a terrible mistake, perhaps only eclipsed by romantically pairing her with Luke), but not the Far Side fate! ;) (And I thought it was a frog in the guy's mouth. Hmmm.)

I think Inez is right about creating more angst before she meets her fate. And Mara can't kill her out of vengeance! Vengeance is of the Dark Side! Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny! Consume you it will....um.... *looks around sheepishly and clears throat* Ahem. Yes. Anyway...

10. attack_of_the_mer

attack_of_the_mer Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2002
    ismaren and emilie, i'm going to have to hedge my bets and agree with a combination of your ideas. as in every cheesy romance story, there always has to be more angst before the end... but there's always a happy ending. at least, there had better be. i would be extremely angry if this wasn't a disney ending. hint, hint, mara... though i know you're the author and will do what you will, regardless of what we poor peasants clinging onto your every noble word beseech you to do... oh, wait, i'm getting 1900 russia again. sorry. anyways, yeah, i would really like to see mara, if not kill calista, at least teach her a lesson... hey, maybe karma's going to come back and bite her! but either way, i highly doubt, as great as it would be, that luke is going to find out her evil schemes and get his revenge on her.

11. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Upon further thought, I'm wondering about what A Little Fall of Rain is hinting at. Is this suggesting a somewhat bittersweet ending... :confused:

12. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    If this is a direct Les Mis parallel and Callista is playing Eponine, then it's not a bittersweet ending for anyone but Callista. If Mara is playing Eponine, I'm going to cry my eyes out the way I do when I watch Les Mis. But I think it has to be Callista, because Marius didn't actually love Eponine, he loved Cosette. That's how I'm thinking of it, anyway.

The above does make sense if you've read or seen Les Miserables. Really it does. :)

13. jedilady_th

jedilady_th Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    Looking forward to more, Marawannabe! *nudge, nudge*

oh yeah, almost forgot - UP!

14. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    *working*

Some of you are very close, others of you are not within a million light years! ;)

Ah the eternal question... Who is Eponine and who is Cosette... I rpomis all of you, upon the completion of Rain I will explain everything ;) For now... I leave you to wonder :D

15. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Author taunting! :eek: Oh, now that's just cruel... ;)

For my own precarious sanity, I'm sticking with my conclusions until I read yours, Mara. :D

16. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Well, lookee what I have here! YES!!! A POST!!!!!!!!! Most of this is just housekeeping, stuff that needs to happen. Read and enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~

Han quickly ran through the pre-flight checks, he and Chewie scrambling to get the Falcon battle ready. He ran his had roughly through his hair, already running the logistics of the battle. Leia had come with a small force, this was to be negotiations, not open war, but the negotiations had hit a snag. They always did.

?Han?? Wedge?s voice came across the comm.

Chewie swatted at the speaker and depressed the button, still running shielding checks. ?Go ahead, Wedge,? Han called.

?Is Leia with you??

?Yes.? Han glanced over his shoulder, checking to make sure that his wife was still in the vicinity. ?She?s right here, why??

?Han, you know how these things go. If word gets out that she was involved in what could turn into a firefight with these species?? his voice trailed off.

Han sighed and started to reply when he felt a warm hand on his shoulder. He turned to find his wife standing beside him, her normally calm, liquid brown eyes now hardened, the steel of her will showing through. ?Wedge, I do believe that you have been spending to much time in the presence of nonsensical bureaucrats.?

Chewie snuffled a laugh and Han grinned lopsidedly as Wedge was quiet over the comm for a moment. Finally there was a short laugh. ?I think you are right, High Councilor.?

?What?s the plan, General?? Han asked. They couldn?t go into this blind. Suicide was not the order of the day.

?Right.? Wedge responded. ?We?re looking at a sizeable task force. The Ishori and Diamalan forces outnumber us roughly fifteen to one, provided that Mara and Luke make it to the Fire in time to be of service.?

Leia winced, reminded of why Luke was presently not with them. ?Wedge, I wouldn?t count on their involvement.?

?Ooh, everything is looking better.? Wedge snapped sarcastically.

Chewie snorted a response and Han grinned, looking to Leia. ?Well, Councilor, what do you suggest??

Callista appeared behind Leia, who turned to regard the woman. Her gaze hardened just a bit as both women regarded each other for a moment. Han simply waved Callista aside. ?You know the drill.? He muttered.

Callista simply nodded and turned to climb into the gunner?s seat, pausing on the ladder to look back at Leia. ?Hook up to the in-ship comm when you get down there.? Han called back, igniting the sublight drive as the Falcon lifted and responded to his touch. ?Wedge, we?re going out.?

?Clear.? He confirmed. ?Be advised I?m sending a squadron out with you.?

?Great? more fun for the party.? Han muttered. ?Strap in, Princess.?

Leia was silent behind him, her hand still on his shoulder, staring out blankly as the stars came into view as the Falcon exited the Yavin?s docking bay. ?Hey, Your Worship, we need your pretty little head here, not somewhere out in the Moons of Iego.?

Leia visibly shook herself, and patted his shoulder. ?Right.?

?What?? Han grinned at her. ?No kiss for luck?? He smiled as her soft, warm lips came down on his. He gripped her hand, wishing for all the galaxy that they were anywhere but here, and heading into battle one more time than anyone ever needed.

?Stay safe Nerfherder.?

Han simply grinned. ?Always.?

May the Force be with them all.

~*~*~*~*~

Callista strapped into the moveable gunner?s chair and adjusted her headset, changing the comm channel to match what Han and Leia were listening to. Her heart stilled for just a moment and her blood ran cold. Her hands were still shaking, and she automatically checked her fingernails once more for any spare traces of blood.

Leia knew. She knew that something was wrong. Thank the Force that she had been masking her feelings as best she knew how, and that Leia?s Jedi training was even more incomplete than Mara?s. Callista clenched her fist and pounded it into the wall, attempting to release her anger, but not entirely succeeding.

This day was not going as she ha

17. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    MARA!!! You darling, darling author! I forgive you all your previous taunting. ;) Although we're technically still in a cliffhanger situation, since Mara's still bleeding. Very nice touch, to have Leia suspect something, even if she's not sure exactly what. And lovely job with Callista's twisted thought process as well.

Do you know what self-control I'm having to exercise to avoid begging shamelessly for another post? Just know that I'll be ready to pounce on the next post whenever it comes up. :D :D :D

*tosses roses and chocolates at Mara's feet*

18. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Leia suspects something.....and she knows that Luke went to look for Mara doesn't she?

Good Post!

But we need a longer one next time! ;) :p

19. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    A postie! a Postie! Oh boy, Callista is delusional. thanks for posting.

20. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    oh wow. callista= [face_devil]. nice post tho!

21. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Gabri- Ooh, chocolate and roses! Who needs a Valentine :D ;) I'm glad you enjoyed the post, thanks so much! You know, if Leia would have just stuck with her training, she might have figured it out, but then again Luke couldn't even figure out what was going on with Callista and Mara... soooo... :)

Liz- Yep, Leia knows that Luke went to find Mara, she just doesn't know the whole story yet. Think she'll figure it out? Who knows, maybe Callie will flip out even more... she's not entirely stable ;) No promises on length of posts. I write until I feel that scene has been completed. *shrugs* It always works best when you follow the flow.

Mummy- Ah yes, delusional Callista... *evil laugh* We'll just have to find out how far gone she actually is...

JJ- Yes, Callie is evil. Glad you liked the post!

Always!
    ~Jen [face_love]

22. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
  23. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *faints*

*revives*

A POST!!!

*does the insanely happy padawan dance*

Wait a sec?!? Mara's still bleeding.

*hopes Calista gets run through with a sabre soon*

24. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    *hands Hunter a bag of chocolate candy*

Yes, a post, and Callista... run through with a saber... Whatever makes you think that's going to happen? *innocence*

*evil maniacle laughter*

[face_devil]

Always!
    ~Jen [face_love]

25. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001