main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA A missed con

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TK7877, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7877

TK7877 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006
    This was such a fun event. It was always done so well. It looks like it shall be no more.

Here is the email:

Hello everyone,
    This message is for all of you who have helped to make FantaSci such a tremendous success
    over the past several years, not to mention a wonderful experience for me as the
    coordinator. I've spoken with many of you individually to express my thanks for your
    support, but would like to say it again in case there are some of you I may have missed.
    The program couldn't have worked so well without your contributions, and your enthusiasm
    and effort has been greatly appreciated!

In addition to saying thank you, I am also writing to let you know about some recent
    developments regarding the program. At the beginning of each new year, the library
    revises and sets the schedule for events and programs. As part of this process, a
    discussion/analysis typically takes place with regard to programs which were held the
    previous year. Given the tremendous growth of FantaSci in 2006, the library's ability to
    continue hosting the event was raised. In essence, the sum of all observations was that,
    although it is a wonderful program, FantaSci has truly outgrown the library's physical
    capacity. As a result, the difficult determination has been made that FantaSci should be
    discontinued.

I can tell you I've had a blast these last five years, and will certainly miss working
    with all of you in putting together the program. FantaSci has clearly shown that there is
    a high interest level in the genres of sci-fi and fantasy in our area, and as such you can
    rest assured that they will continue to be represented in our programming. As always,
    I'll keep you posted with regard to upcoming events - your support is what makes them
    possible!

Thanks again for everything! - Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.