main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV A question to ponder

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, May 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Time for a new wiz-bang thread.

A question to ponder, and lets try to be mostly serious here.

Where did all the lightsabers of the fallen Jedi end up? Destroyed? Collected? Lying around?

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Fallen jedi from the arena battle in Ep 2?

Probably collected, since the Jedi seemed to have won the day, they probably went in to collect bodies and sabers once things quieted down.

Or are you referring to something different, Axia? Perhaps the Jedi Purge?

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    if i may, i think that some would have been destroyed, some would have been collected and then destroyed through carelessness by those who found them. some i am sure are lost when the wielder was killed. then they get ruined by weather and stuff. but some I think would have been found and kept safe because the person thought it was neat.

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I would think that while most would be destroyed, there would be some who would attempt to collect them. A few might be happened apon by scavengers or nomads and kept safe. So to answer your question... yes, everything.

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I was talking about the Jedi Purge, Talon. I figured at Geonosis that the Jedi would have picked up the sabers, probably burning them with the bodies or giving them to their masters/padawans if they survived.

This question doesn't appear to have much steam behind it so how about this one.

If Padawan are taken from their families at such an early age, Jedi aren't allowed to develop famalies and not everyone is force sensitive where do new force users come from?

Is Force-sensitivity simply a crap-shoot? Doesn't seem that way in the Skywalker family. Look at Leia's kids.

Thoughts?

6. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    My thoughts on the force in people... I have deaf parents, and upon doing some reasearch on deafness I found that it is sometimes hereditary, usually skipping a generation and found most common in females, however, hereditary reasons only account for about 12% of the deaf population. The rest are either by accident (IE: standing too close to a loud object), old age, or it happens randomly in babies that are born to a seemingly un-deaf hereditary lineage...
    I think the force works the same way. We can look and see it working in the lineage, but lets not look at the skywalker family yet. First we see it in, dang it i cant remember his name right now, but in the NJO he was the one that was blamed and stepped down from the jedi order, anyway, he could never make object move, so he lacked the telekensis power of the force, and his son, not only had the force, but lacked in the same area that his father did. Someone please tell me his name so I dont go crazy all day.
    Then, there are so many other force users that dont refer to their families so we have to wonder if there is also a randomizing factor in people born with the force.
    Now onto the skywalker family. There is a definete hereditary lineage there. Anakin, to Luke and Leia, then from them to Jacen, Jaina, Anakain and Ben. The reason I think that is goes beyond just the normal lineage reasoning. Anakain Skywalker was born of the force and had the highest midichlorian count ever. I think that has a lot to do with how the force was so present in the rest of the skywalker lineage, and will probably continue to do so.

Ok, I think I have answered that question to the best of my ability. Comments?

And please tell me the name of that Jedi.

DARKSTAR

7. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    In one of the books that has recently been released as the New Jedi Order there is a creature named Vergere, as I'm sure most of you know, she is a jedi master from the old republic. She said in one of the last books that the Skywalkers had a Jedi dynasty going and that it was a bad thing because they now are a ruling family. She said that so many force users marrying force users was forbidden by the jedi of old. I have read in other Star Wars books ( I cannot quote you which one because they all become blurred together when you've read so many :)) that not all force users create force sensitive offspring. For instance, it could be that if Jaina or Jacen were to have children they may not be able to touch the force although it is doubtful that would happen because the force is so increadibly strong with the Skywalker clan and also what would be the fun in that? But theoretically, not all jedi make little jedi to answer your question... the jedi scholar has spoken. :)

the jedi who's telekenesis sucks is Corran Horn, boy.

8. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! ahhhh i can rest now

9. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    You funny darkstar...

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    ahah, much better question apparently, I'll cook up another, giving time for others to voice in on this one.

11. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Thank you Jaded, I try.

And Axia, I love this new thread. Its a challenging thought prevoking post. I feel refreshed as my brain is actually working while at work, since my job requires no thought process, I need it somewhere.

12. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    See, my brain shuts down so much at work I cant even spell PROVOKING correctly.... Must think more while working....

13. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    So THAT'S how you spell it...

HUH!

14. JADED_JEDI

May 21, 2002
    As for my thoughts on your first question...

Maybe when the jedi were destroyed during the purge, Darth Vader took their lightsabers to study them to make his better or something. That's what I would do. Find the best crystal to put in mine. Change it out every couple of days...you know.
    Then maybe the jedi hunters were required to bring them back to Vader.

I don't know, just thoughts(since this is a ponderin' thread).

15. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    More thought provoking questions... more!!!!

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I personally believe, based on all my viewing and reading of Star Wars stuff, that it is a random occurance primarily, and sometimes a hereditary thing (but not necessarily). In other words, I concur with what Jaded Jedi said.

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    The practice of taking force-sensitive children away from their families, good or bad?

18. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    OK let's look at this in a differant perspective. I think it would work in similar ways.
    Immortals(like the Highlander) can sense each other even before they become Immortals. It's something inside of them that they have no choice in the matter just how they use it.
    Same as Force users. The stronger ones can sense others out there. I believe the reason why noone was able to sense Anakin is his Midichlorian count was so high noone was able to feel it.
    Remember Vader sensed Luke's presence and sought him out. I'm sure there was alot more to it than that but in ESB when they found the power generator he lifted his head up as if sensing it. That's how he was positive of the rebel base. I'm sure the Jedi council spends a pretty good time meditating and looking for new Force sensitive children.
    Now going to the lightsabers. I believe alot of them were lost during battle and others made there way on mantles. With Palpatine's arogance I'm sure he had a room full of trophy's to remind how many he had slaughtered. Also, bounty hunters had there pick too. Remember Aurra Sing actually wore one. I'm sure they had their share of trophies as well. Other were lost in time and might still be out on battlefields. Like most battlefields that are cleared off, they usually leave behind weapons or other things used on the field. I.E. They're still finding arrowheads at little bighorn and from time to time you hear of a grenade or rifle being found in Europe from the Nazi invasions still.
    I doubt finding a lightsaber on an old battlefield is very common cause I'm sure the survivors made it a point to take these elegant weapons.

Just a thought.

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    From the RPG perspective, which tries to take into account the entire expanded universe as well as the films, seeing the force in others is possible by someone who:

1. has the skill
    2. makes a decision to use that skill

A success tells you if someone has the force, and even how strong they might be.

Why didn't they sense Anakin? They weren't looking, until Qui-Gon clued in, then he checked him out and knew it to be true. When he did a midichlorian check, it might have been simply to see if the boy was the one prophesied about, a 'vergence'.

I think the jedi would find out about force sensitive babies from either routine checks, or general 'scanning' done with the force. Perhaps the babies would even demonstrate some force skill, and then word would leak to the jedi. Perhaps people even brought their kids to be checked, who knows?

Is it wrong to take the babies? Against the will of the mothers and fathers, yes. That's kidnapping. But I bet they put forth a pretty convincing argument "without proper training, your child could become a danger blah blah blah" If you were some poor family, the promised future of your kid becoming a jedi could be huge. It would be like a kid being recruited into Harvard, or MIT or the NBA or something. A better life for most.

Concerning Aurra Sing, she actually trained to be a jedi, but later left the path and went dark. She has collected at least 6 sabers of jedi she has killed, and the one she wears is probably her own, which by the way is scarlet bladed.

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Conversely, people in the RPG can hide themselves from detection by using Force Stealth. Upon succes, people cannot determine if you have the force. You just seem like a regular person.

Case in point, Senator/Supreme Chancellor Palpatine hiding his powers from the Jedi Council.

21. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I would like to put my two cents in on the baby thing...
    I understand Talon's point of refering to MIT or Harvard or stuff like that, but the Jedi were more than just that. If I was a parent and someone came to me with the option of having my baby leave to join the JEDI, it would be a tough choice. Of course in the mindset we have today, it would be ridiculous to think of giving up our babies, as Im sure those with kids would understand better than I... But back to my main point. I cant imagine giving up a child for anything, but to join the (at the time) most respected group of people that protected the people of the galaxy, I would be increbily selfish to say no. And how would my child feel, growing up knowing they could have been a part of the jedi, well that would make me a little bitter and upset. Which would not be good if I was a force user. We all know where anger and fear lead to. So therefor, for the better of the galaxy I would think that it would be neccesary to let my child go and beocome one of the elite few that protect the very galaxy I live in. Taking them while they were a baby seems the only logical way to protect the child as well. But there also comes the question of the child growing up wanting to know their real parents. It was like they were adopted, Im sure the curiosity to find the parents is there. But then again, I would think after years of training it would help quench that curiosity. But if the kid grew up knowing his parents, it would make it so much more worse to be a part from them (AKA Anakin Skywalker) So taking them as a baby would protect that aspect of it.
    Wow I just blabbed on and on here.

I am wondering what those with kids think of this. Is it possible for you to imagine giving up your child to join the Jedi? You have better insight than I... Talon, Gerson, And soon Inean... Any thoughts on it? Talon you already spoke on it, but you didnt really input any personal feelings, I am interested in those.

Ok I am done for now....

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I only have one kid, and almost wasn't able to have even him. Give him up to join the Jedi? NOPE.

Is there an equivalent of the Jedi in today's society? No. No political or military equivalent exists, when it comes to the respect and awe that is commanded on a global/universal scale. So, I don't care who shows up at my door for my boy, they ain't gettin him.

However, I wonder if the Jedi had the right to take kids by force? Or do you think that parents had the ability to say no?

In a case like Anakin, it was a no brainer- live as a slave or live as a king. Simple, except he had to leave him mommy. Er, family that he loved, I mean.

Maybe the Jedi Purge was instigated by a bunch of parents angry at thei jedi for taking their kids, hee hee.

23. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I cant see the jedi taking kids by force. But I suppose they could have used the force to get their ways if they thought it was neccesary.
    ::Waves hand:: You want to give us your child.

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I would have hired a Toydarian nanny.

25. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    hmm... very smart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.