main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania A question. What do girls find attractive in a guy exactly?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Dave_Smogcrawler, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    oh, and keep in mind that all girls are beautiful.

^ shadow said that in another thread... he scores MAJOR points for that one :)

2. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    computer chicks are hot... aren't they?

Of course they are :p

3. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Shadow's a smart man. ;)

4. Stunt_Monkey

Stunt_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    Yes, we should all learn from our tribal elder

5. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I've been thinking Dave, hmmm look dude, u can't force love..it will just come naturally..and hey dude.....a lot of people now adays are superficial..people often judge people by the cover...eg...you have to look cool just to hang around with a lot of people..

Havn't you all noticed how , invariably, the "cool", well dressed,tall, "Hollywood" , "I'm a Ken doll :p" type of guy, always hangs out with the "Country Road wearing, "Ralph Lauren" wearing, girl with the model looks?

Sadly some people..including quite a disturbing , disproportionate number of girls at my uni, will only hang around with you if you fit those "cool" criteria.

Who said human's had the ability to think?

We're so mallable, that's why I study marketing :)

<I will rule the world one day, just target the opinion leaders and the world's mine, viral marketing..it's within my reach >

6. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm just an anomoly, I manage to be both cool and hang around with anybody, buut then again I'm not just your normal anybody :)

7. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    People are saying nice things about me?

*worried expression*

8. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Oscar Wilde: Don't agree with me! When people agree with me I feel I must be wrong!

Wizard of Oz: The size of your heart isn't measured by how much you love, but how much you are loved by others.

9. Dave_Smogcrawler

Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Paul you are cool? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! just kidding buddy

10. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    We are all normal within these confines.

11. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    You are right Marvin about we being all cool hang on well on exception of you anyway.

12. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    As the others have said, every girl likes different qualities. We can say that we like tall men, but I guarentee there are women out there that like short men. It's exactly the same with personality traits. For instance, personally, I like gentle, intelligent men, but we all know that some girls like the exact opposite.

I'm far from an expert, but I've come to think that the place to start is actually with what you would like in a partner. Asking what a girl finds attractive is like asking for a list of all the things a man could possible be and you can't change yourself to be all those things. And what features you value in your partner would very likely be what they would value in you.

I hope that makes sense.

13. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    A reason you don't have a girlfriend

Post count??

14. Maxim_Darkcloud

Maxim_Darkcloud Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I couldn't careless what girls find attractive in a guy. All you need is some money and go to one of those newly approved business...hmmmmmmm..

15. BibFortuna

BibFortuna Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    in reply to imzadi's post
    "but we all know that some girls like the exact opposite."
    i fulfil that criteria i like short guys with outwards personalities, a wicked smile and great sense of humour... this prooves that imzadi's right, no generalisations can be made [face_love]

16. JBMW

JBMW Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Agreed. The question wrongly assumes you can reduce and quantify what all women think/feel/expect when we're as varied as men, or people in general. So I guess the answer is the same basic thing everyone looks for in a partner (guys included) which is someone who thinks you're special and enhances your life.

Having said that, I think a lot of the specific-ness we look for (like someone who can read feelings or habits or share hobbies) kinda comes once you get to know one another well. So all I'd look for is attraction, intelligence/wit and similar morals but not another me in terms of personality - I'd be bored stiff if we were so in tune that we agreed 100% on what to see/where to go/what we think. I want to be challenged.

17. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    Is this thread still alive?

18. BibFortuna

Apr 22, 2002
    yeah, if he was exactly me it would be so annoying, two mes is a scary thought lol
    u need difference, that way you could find out more about eachother as your relatin.shp continues...otherwise u know all there is about them and so wheres the big surprises, id like to be able to debate/discuss different issues with bfs not always agree with them. but thats just me ;)

19. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    Omg this has turn into another dating site.

20. BibFortuna

Apr 22, 2002
    ?_? turned into dating site ?_?
    hasnt this thread always been like this ?[face_plain]

21. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    I dunno me ... just eerrrrr...ummm...confuse

22. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Yes, that's what I meant about valuing in your partner what they may like in you. I was not meaning that you would have the same exact traits, but the same sort of priorities and stuff like that. Good points. :)

23. BibFortuna

Apr 22, 2002
    i guess any relationship , beit boyfrieng/gf brother/sis of just friends, wont be close/work if you have nothing in common to chat about. umm...actually not everyone's relationships require the ability to chat, but i like to make mine involve conversation.

isnt it strange how different starwars fans can be in likes?
    if he can smile and has a witty sense of humour hes good for me [face_blush]

24. Dave_Smogcrawler

Apr 12, 2002
    I doubt you would find one that would be as witty as you Bib. Well maybe on exception of Marvin, JP, Ozhaggis and HawkNC

25. BibFortuna

Apr 22, 2002
    are those the exceptions...lol
    thats a pretty long list, at least i have a choice :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.