main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC A Rebel Legion in Australia?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by GuriWannabe, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuriWannabe

GuriWannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
    Hi there, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Helena and I'm a member of the South Australian Fan Force,
    You may or may not know this but the 501st has a sister chapter called the The Rebel Legion, for which I have been a member of for a few months now. Just like the 501st there are bases and outposts, events to have catch up and events for charity etc etc, just like we all do now, the main difference obviously, is The Rebel Legion is for those who have Good Guy Costumes.

Through my time in the Rebel Legion I have discovered that there is NO outpost/base here in Australia. Now for the past couple of days I've been conversing with Matt Hofmann the Commanding Officer of the Midwest Base, my plan is to create our own Rebel Legion Base in Australia, and with the thanks to Matt, I have been given great information on where to start.

My main reason at this stage for posting, is to find out if there are already existing Rebel Legion members in the other state, and to get some feedback on what you think of this, I mean after all if the 501st can have their Legion here in Australia, why can't the Good Guys ;)

Many thanks guys :D

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Your best bet here is LordVaderFF. If he doesn't know, no-one will.

3. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    Why thankyou BoogieMan

4. GuriWannabe

Mar 11, 2005
    My plan, at the moment the Legion is mostly in America and Europe the closest outpost to us is in New Zealand, I want to bring the Legion alot closer to home, I want to do what the 501st have done here with the Terror Australis Garrison, and have a way for all Rebel Legion Members to keep in touch about costuming events, the Legion accepts costumes from the follow categories:
    Rebel Pilots
    The Jedi
    Rebel Troopers
    Royaly/Senatorial (of which I have 4 cosutmes with the Legion)
    Rebel Commanders
    Smugglers
    Creatures

and if I can get this started, I plan to also to have our own website devoted to events we have done, links to the master site on tutorials on how other people have made their costumes, to have an Executive Officer in each state for easier contact between the states, now for Australia to be considered just and Outpost, we need 5 Rebel Legion Members, to become a Rebel Base we need at least 10 members, now that doesn't seem like alot to get things started.

Which is why I am just trying to locate existing members at this stage, but for those who didn't know the Legion existed, and want to join, you have to be over 18, have a clear and decent photo of your costume, and goto:
    http://www.rebellegion.com
    (but note I'm not pressuring anyone, I'm not on a recruitment drive)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.