main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    McCarthy? [face_laugh]

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    No. Wolfie does not approve of you Comrade.

3. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    So I've officially decided that pancakes are made of win.

No particular reason. Just because.

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Pancakes are AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. If I could figure out a way to get pancakes and an omelette for breakfast every morning without dying, I would be a happy man.

5. iolo_the_bard

iolo_the_bard Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 2005
    Very small pancakes and a one-egg omlette.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    That just leaves you annoyed that there isn't more.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Attention comic fans of Lit, your aid is needed:

[image=http://i.livescience.com/images/MeetYourNewRulers.jpg]

This fine title deserving of a wider audience requires greater sales to avoid the axe! Do not worry about getting up to speed for a new story begins next month.

A tale of a vampire coup in Britain!

Written by Doctor Who writer Paul Cornell, who did Human Nature that featured the Family of Blood. (I'm sure Ex can attest to his skills!)

It's also one of Marvel's $2.99 titles, so cheap to buy!

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Those episodes were ok. Nothing brillaint. The most devastating ones are Steven Moffat-class. He's the modern Holmes of the old series. Any episode he scripts is nothing less than excellence. The Empty Child/Doctor Dances. Blink. The Library duet.

Despite looking at the tv guide yesterday I didn't realise there was a brand new Doctor episode last night. The Next Doctor. I missed it! My only hope is for someone to youtube it... [face_praying]

I'm also going to leave because I'm very annoyed. Snelson titled his thread with major Vector spoilers and as I knew would happen, I've been spoiled. I thought the comic spoiler period was the same as novels, a month.

So if I come back I'm back. Otherwise . . . it's been fun, hasn't it? :p

9. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Ex, don't go!

10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    It's going to take me forever to catch up and I just keep sitting around...

11. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Finally got around to seeing the new Doctor Who - my girlfriend had already been watching the more recent ones and swooning over David Tennant. They aren't bad, but more importantly for me I can tell other Americans I like Doctor Who without them looking on with horror and disgust...

12. RebelJoseWales

RebelJoseWales Jedi Master star 3

Sep 10, 2008

Burn him!

;)

Seriously, though, Eccleston was better.

13. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I should make it clear that I liked Doctor Who since the 80s, watching it late-night on the local PBS station on Friday. For some reason, American geekdom - at least in my circles - really, really hated Doctor Who. I just stopped bringing it up... and the Telemovie didn't really help, either. The new series, however, has caused a sea change.
    Having said that, I was probably the only kid in America with a copy of The Timelord's "Doctorin' the TARDIS" on record... [face_laugh]

14. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    On the tangent of "Dr. Who" and, mentioned a while back, "Spaced," Paramount and Sony just recently revealed that Spielberg's The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn is being penned by none other than Steven Moffat (we knew that) AND Edgar Wright. And some other guy named Joe Cornish. But Wright, combined with the fact that Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are Thomson and Thompson is very exciting, IMO.

Well, being a bona fide Tintin fan helps. :p

Oh, it also has Daniel Craig. [face_whistling]

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Captain Britain and MI13 was one of the best Secret Invasion tie-ins. It lost me a little on the second storyarc, thoguh i fully intend to get it in TPB.

16. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Still waiting for Warren Ellis to finish Planetary... :_|

17. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    I read so few comics... :p

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So... this is interesting.

I have just discovered this place. Gosh some of us are damn critical. And funny. Oh so funny.

Uli - let me say there is no way to abuse someone in a good way. :p

19. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    When I was in Buenos Aires, there was no pancake mix, and we were sad, as buying lots of ingredients for things all the time was becoming taxing, and the staff of the student residence wouldn't let us use the kitchen. (I quietly got to use the kitchen, because I just pretended I wasn't from the US.)

Finally, someone got his girlfriend to bring pancake mix with her when she visited. We bought wine, and we feasted.

And it was good.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Quest,

Unless issues 101-5 sell better than the last few non-SI issues, it's unlikely there will be anything more than 3 TPBs!

Seriously, if you've enjoyed the series and want it to continue, the monthly sales have to improve.

A combination of the SI crossover story ending, the sheer amount of material Marvel is putting out, the rise to $3,99 on a good more books than previously and the economic chaos have seen the title's sales near halved!

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've been strapped for cash for comics past few weeks but I'll try to squeeze it in again.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Cheers Quest.

If you can spare $3, that'll be enough. Hopefully, you'll find it was a worthwhile transaction.

Equally though, if you know anyone who you think might like it, let 'em know it's on the brink right now.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Unlikely- when I still had my store, I tried pushing it but didn't have much luck beyond those who were reading it already.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Pity - but thanks for trying.

25. RebelJoseWales

RebelJoseWales Jedi Master star 3

Sep 10, 2008
    Is it just my imagination, or is there an insane turnover rate for these forums?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.