main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Adventures in Post Production prt 3

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darvin11, Mar 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darvin11

Darvin11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    I was on hiatus for a week last week so thus no report to make. This week started on Sun. with picking up Ronny (the director) at the airport as he was in England for the week doing ADR. (Automatic Dialogue Replacement).

The weird thing is that before he left and the day after he gets back he does more ADR through an ISDN link to england. Ronny and the sound supervisor sit with a recordist watching tape here while the talent and another recordist work in England. Buh-zarre and yet another example of the workings of the film industry. As in, why did he go to England in the first place?

Beats the crap out of me.

The pisser of this job is that I was hired to be Ronny's assistant, nothing else.

As that entails me sitting around alot waiting for him to need or want something, the post-supervisors have taken it upon themselves to find work for me, including taking up the slack for other departments that are "too busy" to do things for themselves (like the bank thing in post #2).

I feel like the town whore the way I am being passed around.

This was not the job I was hired to do and I am getting sick of it. MY time here might be growing short, dear friends.

Emily Mortimer (not Watson as reported earlier) is doing ADR as I type and Sam Jackson is back in town tommorrow. As I have lunch detail I should be able to meet him again and share more than a syllable with him. Emily is super nice and hot too.

That is all for now.

End Transmission

Robin T.

2. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Maybe you can found out about his upcoming shooting of newscenes for Episode II, which I think start March 24 to April 3 or 4

3. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Well...I assume you knew it was a dirty dirty business when you started, no?

...poor, poor Robin... *comfort*

Cris~

4. Hungryman

Hungryman Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2001
    Hello!

Can't remember if it was "Adventures in PP 1 or 2" but you mentioned a "short, Hungarian producer". As I am Hungarian (hence the catchy handle), I am curious: What's his name? Is he a good guy and how short could he possibly be???

Keep up the good work!

5. Darvin11

Darvin11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy your time here, however long that will be.

Be sure to read the latest adventure, if you don't already have that info.

If you are as you say, you should try to be less obvious about your name.

:)

Robin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.