main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist AG88's SW images***UPDATED 30 March 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by academygrad88, May 12, 2005.

1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow!! These are so great!! =D= I don't recall ever seeing anything like this for collecting--very unique idea! I love the palette you're using for these--the neutral colors are just right, contrasting enough to highlight your subject, yet soft enough to blend in with any sort of decor! And I'll bet there are plenty of Mando fans out there who would hang that standard on the wall, rather than put hot pans on it! :D **nodding** How long do these take you to complete...? Seems like they'd take a lot of patience, especially with having to cut the tiling pieces to fit... Awesome idea, and wonderful work! =D=

FF

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks! It usually takes me a day for each one, So I would say about 6-8 hours. Some of that is drying time and such. My husband made me the frame since I am terrible at woodwork.

I needed to do something. I am getting cabin fever out here in the wilderness.

I would think these would be great for some of the FanForce presidents when they have the crowd over for ... well, whatever FanForce people do together. Being out here in the wilderness there is not a chapter for a few hundred miles so I have never been to a meeting.

I will try to sell these on ebay. If that doesn't work... well, I bet I know what FalconFan is going to get for Christmas. :p

AG88

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Woah, those are so cool!!! Good luck selling them [:D] Maybe I'll point my sister to it and tell her I want an early b-day present :D

4. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks. That would be great because I have been searching for a job out here in the wilderness for weeks. There are just no jobs to be had. I need some money.

AG88

5. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Hi, I really like your art, especially your LOTF stuff and the Sith from Legacy. I think my favourite at the moment is Cade and Deliah; their forms are really well defined, and beautifully painted. The highlights give the impression they're in some seedy nightclub, very cool!~:D And those mosiacs are awesome!~ Great idea.

Can't wait to see more!

6. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks. That is how I pictured those two--at some dark and dangerous nightclub. He is looking at somebody maybe considering fighting and Deliah's hand is on his leg sort of trying to hold him back from doing something stupid. She also has this warning look on her face which says, "Not here, Don't do it."

I hope those two have a happy ending at the end of the comic series. She is good for him.

AG88

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Great images! Sorry I haven't stopped in for far too long, I just have too many stops and too little time with college and darth dialup. Your work is wonderful and you really aren't kiddding about the 'Master' bathroom 'Mosaic', and the Mando one is wonderful too.

8. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Hey guys. I'm back. I have been put through the wringer by my doctors this past year. I think business was slow so they had me undergo every possible test for cancer and illness. The good thing is that everytime a test suggested cancer a biopsy showed it wasn't. As you might imagine all the stress was not good for my muse.

I did one drawing last month. It is supposed to be of Luke when Mara's Force ghost finally visits him. It is not that great. I am out of practice when it comes to drawing.

http://ag88.deviantart.com/art/Force-Ghost-Mara-Visits-Luke-102815917

I hope everybody has a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!

AG88

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    That's a stunning picture. What did you use for the colours?

10. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Your art is so beautiful [face_love] I am wishing someone would do that scene.
    I love your interpretation of Mara especially.

11. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks guys. This drawing (like most of my work) was done digitally using Corel painter and a Wacom tablet. So the colors were done using the airbrush setting and I put the glitter around it using the FX brush. I then adjusted the lighting.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

AG88

12. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Welcome back, AG88! It's good to hear that after all that you're doing well. :)

The wispy details and cloth are just great!

13. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Welcome back, Grad! [:D] So glad to see that you're finally getting time to be creative again! You know I love this piece, and am SO glad to see this scene illustrated: Luke's chance to see and talk with his lost love... **gets misty again** I love the way you painted Mara, looking so angelic and peaceful--and the way Luke is reaching out to her--it would be his first reaction, I know. Thank you for putting a visual to a moment we only get by way of Ben's overhearing his father--it's just beautiful!

FF

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Wow. It's fabulous! =D=

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome back, AG88! [:D]

This is a really emotional filled piece. I love the use of pastel colors and the overall feel and composition reminds me of the Old Masters paintings depicting Biblical events. I'm sure the appearance of Mara resembling an angel helps that one along too. ;)

16. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks everybody for the warm welcome back. When I thought of Mara and what pose to put her in I was thinking of a statue my mother had in our house. She is a devout Spanish Catholic so naturally we had a life size statue of the Virgin Mary in our home. The statue depicted Mary holding her arms out like that. I saw that statue every day, so I guess it had an effect on me. Not that I am comparing Mara to Mary, but just that I was exposed to a whole lot of Catholic art in my childhood that made an impression on me and my art.

I still cannot believe they killed off Mara. I am still waiting for Luke to learn how to timeflow back and change history. Or maybe like Jedi-Lover's story Choices--have a fanfic that gets rid of the Vong and LOTF storyline all togeter. ;)

AG88

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, that's so beautiful!! And I love the colors.

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    EEK! No! You're giving me plot bunnies! I already have one time travel fic on the go, I don't need another one! Ahhh!

:p

Beautiful work, AG88. It's gorgeous, so much emotion built up in one painting. I love it, though it makes me sad at the same time. [face_love] :_|

=D=

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    And giving this a bump!

20. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thanks for the bump, HanSolo29!

This is sort of a collaboration piece. I came up with the idea and dialog, but the drawing was commissioned by me. It was drawn for me by Vagabondx over at DeviantArt.

[image=http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7278/lukeandmaracolor1.jpg]

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    But dreams come true.

Loved that cartoon=D==D=

22. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    The face is from a recent photo of Mark that I fixed up to look younger and then I drew the robes and saber. The background is my bedroom window. So I have Luke in my bedroom. I thing he was watching me sleep. Why he has a lightsaber...I don't know. Maybe he is going to kill my husband so we can run off together. :p

[​IMG]

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  23. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
  24. JediHall

JediHall Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    oh Very Nice!

25. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Thank you, JediHall .

Since I was doing NaNoWriMo, I apparently forgot everything I learned from photoshop. Therefore I am going over my tutorials again. The background is a stock photo I purchased. The symbol I made using the custom shape tool and the fx settings.

[​IMG]