main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Agent of the Empire #8: Hard Targets, part 3 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Great issue. And I love the pun at the end solicit for the next issue. Well played, Ostrander. I loved Cross's plan to enter the prison and how easy he made it all look. Alessi laying out the schematics like that was very Bond or Mission Impossible-esque.

2. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Yeah, definitely a fun issue. I thought the first two were good, but this month's offering was great. They fit a lot of action into twenty-two pages, but it was action that really developed both Cross's and Vex's characters rather than being just mindless blaster-shooting or lightsaber-swinging. Like Todd, I also loved the bit where Q laid out the schematics. Good stuff.

3. Palpmobile

Palpmobile Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2012
    I like Vex even more. i hope we willsee her with her original hair from the cover.

4. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    If this were a Bond movie, I would fear for Vex's safety as she would be the Bond girl who dies first after sleeping with Bond...:p

I quite enjoy the dynamic there and love the exploration of Serenno like the houses and the Spike prison. A great issue and now we get to see Cross being divided from his superiors. I wonder how he rationalises the next chain of events.

5. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I finally was able to delve into this series yesterday, and I'm now all caught up. In a word; wow. The James Bond...similarities were never more apparent than in this issue. Loving the book. Ostrander does it again. ^:)^

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This lord has outworn his welcome.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

7. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    What is that tiny little fighter that Vex uses in the previous issue and Cross uses in this one? I feel like I've seen it before but I can't quite place it, and I'm sure it's going to be obvious once someone points it out.

8. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Probably my favorite issue of the entire series.

I loved the whole part with The Spike.