main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    is that a Fort where you also infiltrate from a mini tunnel, where the enemy barracks is?

2. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Not sure, but that's apparently my main objective after the battle of Chesapeake Bay

3. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So anyone think that AC4 will be about Desmond? And maybe they'll replace the naval missions with, uh very fast car missions?

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    you mean AC6 ;)

i hate how the guards come after you for no reason, especially when ur incognito

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    No kidding...and forget rooftops! They're all over those! No scaling buildings in an Assassins Creed game! Srsly

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Where is Myraim and Norris located, i can't seem to find them

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Miryam is on the far north end of the Homestead...forgot about Norris

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    i keep forgetting where they are, cause i want to complete the Comman Man mission by Sequence 11

For anyone who is having problems with the glitch against the wolves on oak island, the solution is glitch them out by running towards them

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    what is with the forums and all the ads all of a sudden!?!

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I hate that last Privateer mission, so annoying

11. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Just finished AC3. I suppose the ending has more punch if you finished it before 2013...

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Unlocked Altair's outfit, and does anyone know if you can use it in a full playthrough when you start a new game?

13. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Yahtzee didn't like AC3. And I have to agree. I've been pretty open with my complaints and criticisms about this game and while the naval missions are mindblowingly amazing, the entire game felt dry. Every time the game hinted at the possibility of intensity and fun, it was undermined by poor design and poor mechanics (like chasing Charles Lee with a run button that simultaneously makes you climb everything in your path).

Connor was a boring character. His story with Achilles was also boring. The conclusion was boring, the revolutionary war scenes were also boring.

As a pretty big AC fan, I hate to dislike this game, but I can't help but do. The best things about it (besides a graphics upgrade) were the naval missions and the music.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Connor was cool, but not as cool as Ezio and i loved this game apart from the optional objectives

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    the Assassin's Creed song ever

Valyn and Darth_Invidious like this.
  16. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    AC2 has the best soundtrack of the series. Very good music all around.

Brotherhood's "Escape" track is also pretty damn awesome. But I absolutely love the AC2 soundtrack.

Darth_Invidious and Darth Vader like this.
  17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I just started this. Ugh. Lockpicking game. Terrible.

Valyn likes this.
  19. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    About 10 pages ago I think we all discussed the completely disgusting failure that is AC3's lock picking. Marcus disagreed and thought it was nicely done.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Lockpicking is the most annoying mechanic in this game, they should have made it like Fallout's locking picking

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    For anyone who is interested in the conclusion of Ezio's story then watch this short film

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    At no point did I say it was good, only that I didn't think it was that difficult.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's actually easy on mouse, now I've gotten the hang of it.

I'm enjoying it, but the problem is it hints at greatness. I want to do lots more random naval combat missions; tacking and alternating your speed ruins the AI's sailing patterns and you can very successfully sail rings around enemy ships.

I'm making up for the innocent redcoats by killing as many patriot guards as I can. Balance, and GOD SAVE THE KING!

24. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    My enjoyment of Assassin's Creed 3 quickly died after doing the last naval mission. :(

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Imagine how awesome it would be to command a first rate ship of the line in that system. The Aquila is close to a fourth rate ship, based on the number of guns she carries (60 max). First rate ships carried upwards of 80 guns (e.g. the HMS Victory, arguably the greatest ship in the age of sail, carried 104 guns across her three decks) and traded speed for manoueverability.

I've not done all the naval missions but I so far have loved every mission. If you know a bit about naval warfare, you can easily take out enemy frigates and sloops without taking too many hits yourself - tacking through wind changes, dropping speed as they bring their starboard or larboard guns to bear so they overshoot the mark - it's all doable and very fun. Roaming the seas would have been a welcome addition, esp. with small islands featuring chests etc were available.