main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Always -- (Sequel Trilogy story, not EU) Jaina, Han, Luke

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darksideyesplease, Nov 12, 2012.

1. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Note: I’m labeling this Saga because I’m writing this as a sequel trilogy story, not expanded universe. So Jaina might not really be the Jaina that you know from the books. But I’m hoping that with an original story they can at least keep some of the characters from the EU but just have altered histories. I think it’s a safe bet Han and Leia will have some kids in the new movies and I don’t really see a reason to rename them. So kind of think of this as a ST AU… Even though we don’t know what AU will be until we see the movies I guess. But think of this scene as the very last scene in Episode 7, leading up to Episode 8. I hope you enjoy.

Always

Lightning strikes lit up the darkened hallway through the towering windows, followed a few seconds later by ground shaking thunder. The storm was getting closer every second but in many ways it had already fallen upon the galaxy.

Jaina Solo stood alone on the other side of the doors that led to the Jedi Council chambers. Her head hung low, the events of the last twenty-four hours racing through her head. She had been summoned immediately upon her arrival back home.

“Jaina, stay back!” The gruff voice yelled, his hand up in the air signaling for her to not come any closer.

Hesitating, her hand gripped the hilt of her lightsaber. “I can help.”

“Please, don’t!” He yelled back.

“They’ll kill you!” She screamed.

Jaina’s voice was full of a fear she could not control, not even as an advanced Jedi padawan.

“But they are not going to kill you. Get on the Falcon and go!”

Jaina’s eyes welled with tears as her father was surrounded by the enemy.

“Get on the Falcon and take your mother to Luke! That’s an order!” Han yelled, his blaster in hand but hanging by his leg.

An ominous and powerful figure approached Han from the opposite side of the platform from which Jaina stood. His minions surrounded the old smuggler, waiting for their command.

Jaina snapped back to reality as the chamber doors opened. She walked in and only her uncle, Luke Skywalker was in the room. He stood at a tall window looking out at the weather turning worse, the moonlight and occasional lightning strike were the only source of light in the room.

“Jaina,” Luke said, turning to face her. He smiled at her but it was filled with sadness.

She couldn’t bring herself to speak. She bowed slightly with her shoulders and head to greet him.

“I know these are not the circumstances you envisioned when you received this news.”

She finally mustered the courage to make eye contact with him. She honestly had no idea what he was talking about.

“How brave are you, girl?” The voice was filled with a dark evil.

Jaina grabbed her lightsaber off her belt and held it ready to ignite.

“Jaina!” Han yelled. “Falcon! Now!”

“Your father could live beyond this day, girl. Come with me and no one will die.”

“Don’t listen to him, Jaina! It’s a trick! You know that!”

“SILENCE!” The dark figure, almost a silhouette, waved a hand and made it so Han couldn’t speak. “As you see my knowledge of the Force is greater than any that has ever lived. But you have that potential. Don’t you see?”

“I see through you.” Jaina said, regaining her composure and her strong voice reiterated that. “The Force tells me what you are and your intentions.”

Slowly the figure came closer now, parallel with her trapped father. Its arms folded behind its back.

“My intentions? You don’t need the Force to tell you that, young one. It’s obvious to everyone here, even to your father who has no more connection to the Force than a Blurgg. This was all for you. This battle, this façade… Don’t you see, Jaina? I did it all for you. To meet you.”

Jaina’s teeth gritted with anger. How many people had died today because of her? All because this evil wanted her.

“I can see through you, Jaina Solo of the Jedi Order. I have seen you for such a very long time. Your thoughts betray you once again. I know now that you have never told your father or anyone else for that matter of our previous meetings.”

The voice filled the air as if it was coming from every direction. Almost as if it was in their heads and not said aloud.

“What are you talking about you slime!” Han jerked his arm up, holding the blaster pointed at the evil.

The minions did not react, nor did the evil figure. He was in complete control. He approached Han now, looking at him for the first time.

“I’ve been visiting your daughter in her dreams ever since she came up to your knee. Does that make you angry? As a loving father it must burn you to know that I share a connection with her that you can never fathom.”

Han tried to pull the trigger but couldn’t. The Force would not allow it.

“Come to me, Jaina.” The evil said, looking right into Han’s eyes. “You’ve waited so long. You’ve wondered for years if it was all real. I’ve waited patiently, although not easily. I’ve been looking so forward to finally meeting you. Now your yearning and mine can end.”

“Today you are being promoted to Jedi Knight.” Luke clarified.

“I see.” Jaina said.

Luke grimaced at her sadness. He knew that she had looked forward to this moment and to now not be able to be proud of it was a tragedy.

“I’ve told you this many times over the years, Jaina. But I will say it again. Being a Jedi you meet many people and because of that you begin to care for many of those same people. Unfortunately loss is a part of knowing and caring for so many.”

“But we are Jedi and must stay to the light and know that those we’ve lost cannot suffer any longer.” Jaina finished for him.”

Luke turned back towards the window and took a few strides towards it.

“One day you will be calling young Jedi into this room to tell them they are now Jedi Knight’s. You will also discuss far darker things in here with your fellow Jedi. One day you’ll lead all of this.”

Jaina looked a bit shocked by this statement. “You’ve seen this?”

Luke shook his head, “Not through the Force, no.”

“Then?”

“I know you, Jaina. I know that you will encounter many horrors that other Jedi will not see in their lives. Partly because of your connection to the Force but also because of your personality. Your leadership and conviction to do what is right.”

“You know what you have to do, Jaina.” Han said, dropping his blaster onto the platform.

Jaina snapped her lightsaber back onto her belt and turned around and walked towards the Falcon.

“You piece of filth,” Han snarled so that Jaina couldn’t hear. “You could stop her, I have to know… Why don’t you?”

“She will come with me… willingly.”

“Not today.”

“No… I suppose not.” The evil whispered. “Not today.”

With that the evil made a simple hand motion and Jaina cringed as she boarded the Falcon hearing the blasters fire simultaneously.

“I’m not sure I did the right thing this time.”

Luke nodded, “Sometimes there is no right answer.”

Jaina’s head dropped and she turned to walk out of the chambers.

“One last thing, Jaina.”

She turned at the threshold and looked back as R2-D2 came and stood by her side.

“Not that I don’t have full confidence in your abilities but these are dark times upon us. I’d just feel better if Artoo was yours now, to protect you.” Luke said.

Artoo beeped and nodded his frame to give the appearance he was bowing before her. Jaina reached her hand out and touched his dome lightly with her fingertips.

“Artoo doesn’t belong to anyone but I’d love for us to be companions… partners.”

Artoo squealed gleefully and his body rocked back and forth.

Jaina smiled at Luke, “We’ll protect each other.”

“And the galaxy… May the Force be with you.”

“Always…”

2. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    That was excellent!!! I love the AU, it seems very plausible for the new movies. I especially love the last scene with Artoo. It seems right that he would be passed on to the next generation. And I'm glad Jaina sees him as a partner. :)

But now I want to know more - is Jacen in this AU? Who is the evil? Please tell me you're going to write more on this timeline!

darksideyesplease likes this.
  3. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    I don't even know what the evil is. I didn't put a lot of setting because I wanted to leave it up to ones imagination. I wanted to see if people liked this before I wrote more. Thanks for the reply. I started out to write a one piece of Jaina getting promoted and r2 serving a symbolic piece in that. I think I could flesh out a bad guy and he sort of came to life as I wrote this

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    This kind of reminds me of The Phantom of the Opera in a way. Your villain also reminds me of a character I wrote a few years back. I can't wait to see where you go with this.

5. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Cool

6. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Thanks for the responses. I was thinking of writing some more to this. I was thinking I could either make posts that kind of go in different time periods. So if that makes sense, each post wouldn't really be in chronological order. Anyone think that sounds interesting?

I was thinking about showing some of young Jaina's dreams and maybe some other stuff.

7. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I'd love to read that!