main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

amp;quot;No Leia, I am your father" A pass-around Vader/Leia AU **Mulitple Updates 6/22**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Merkurian , Jul 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    FOUNDER'S PROLOGUE:

In all my time on these threads, I've never seen any fanfic author explore a HUGE What If: What if Vader learned the true identity of Leia when he captured her above Tatooine? And because I've never seen such a thread, I'll make it available for everyone to add in as they'd like.

A couple of guidelines I'd like to see happen/not happen:
    1)PLEASE treat this story with respect
    2) If anyone can come up with a plausible way for either Bail Organa or (I forget his name) Elegos A'kla's uncle- the Jedi they theorized was also on Alderaan- to survive, I'd like to see it.
    3)Alderaan should get blasted. It's the perfect way to start Leia down the dark path...

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Above a remote planet in the Outer Rim Territories, a desparate battle had just been lost. Having been disabled by the vastly more powerful Imperial Star Destroyer Devastator, the diplomatic Corvette Tantive IV was being tractored into the gigantic battleship's hangar bay. The white-armored Imperial Stormtroopers prepared to board the vessel and subdue her treasonous crew.

Above, on the bridge of the Devastator, Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, stared out at the barren planet in disbelief. Tatooine! Of all the places in the galaxy, why did the Rebels choose THIS world to flee to? His dark reverie was interrupted by the Devastator's commander.

"My Lord, our troops have succeded in pacifying the crew of the vessel. The commander protests, saying that the ship is a consular vessel on a mercy mission to Tatooine. The Senator on board demands to make contact with Imperial Center to lodge a formal complaint."

"Mercy mission indeed Captain," Vader rumbled derisively. Tatooine may have been a miserable hole in the galaxy, holding many horrible memories, memories of slavery, Hutts, and his dear mother-NO! That was another man's life, another man's memories; the life of a weakling child! Nevertheless, Tatooine was not so miserable that it would merit the personal attention of an Imperial Senator. "No, there is something more to this vessel's presence here, pertaining to those transmission that were sent. Leave the Senator to me, Captain. I will deal with her myself!" And perhaps I will find the connection with Tatooine as well, Vader thought to himself.

"Darth Vader. Only you could be so bold!" The remainder of her statement faded into the back of the Dark Lord's consciousness as he reached out with the Force to regard the young Senator before him. She was young, dark haired & dark eyed, with an elaborate hairstyle. Though her garb was much simpler, when he noticed her delicate features, Lord Vader could not help but be reminded of his dear, sweet..NO! Padme' is dead! Just as dead as that weak & idealistic boy that she fell in love with!

The Dark Lord could feel the anger radiating from the Senator, spiced with a hint of fear. The Sith Lord savored those emotions, blended with the fear of both ships' crews, as he might once have relished a fine banquet. Still, there was something about this Senator, like a mental odor that was familiar but still unknown, or perhaps forgotten.

Lord Vader allowed his senses to merge once more with his conscious thoughts. "You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a spy! Take her away!"

Perhaps I should investigate the planet personally, to find out who or what she was trying to make contact with, Vader thought to himself. No, the life that started there has ended. There is nothing there for me to see...

"Another escape pod has ejected sir. Should I fire?" The gunnery officer checked his sensor readings, then turned back to the crewman.
    "No life signs aboard. Probably another malfunction. Let it go."

Deep in meditation in his hermitage, Ben Kenobi felt a disturbance in the Force, a dark & angry presence. The anger threatened to unravel the delicate state of harmony that he'd achieved, but instead Kenobi used that clarity to get a better

2. JediPrincess_Leia

JediPrincess_Leia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2000
    Ahhhhhhhhh PLease continue.....This story is great.

3. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    WOW!!! Such quick response!!! I'm honored!!

4. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    A reminder...this IS a pass-around. Add to this tale as you like!!!

5. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    "...Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi! You're our only hope!" With that plea, the diminutive hologram ended. Only hope indeed, Obi-Wan thought to himself, especially if Vader had succeeded in capturing his daughter. No, there is another way, another hope...

"You must learn the ways of the Force if you're to come with me to Alderaan," Obi-Wan suggested to Luke hopefully. The boy blanched at the thought.

"I can't go with Alderaan with you, I've got to get back home! I'm in big enough trouble as it is! Look, I wish I could do something, but it's all so far away and I can't get involved!" The Jedi smiled at Luke's answer; it was if he was speaking with another's voice.

"That's your uncle talking." Oh, Owen! I doubt you'll be pleased about this turn of events...

Obi-Wan kept his face impassive, hiding the grief that he felt. He sensed Owen & Beru's passing just after Luke rushed off in a vain attempt to save their lives. "So much like his father," the old Jedi whispered to Artoo. The astromech warbled in agreement. "Always rushing in to save everyone." He supposed he wasn't too different from his Padawan either, rushing off to save him from the dark side. In the end it wasn't enough. Padme' had died, Naboo was lost, and Anakin fell even deeper to the dark side, becoming Darth Vader. Now, as then, his efforts were not enough to save anybody. He sighed heavily as he saw Luke's speeder returning. He could feel the anguish & fury clinging to him like a cloak.

"There's nothing for me here. I want to come with you to Alderaan to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father." There was something in that statement that concerned the old Jedi, the pain in his voice, the vengeful set to his jaw. No Luke. A Jedi, but not like your father. I'll not lose you to that anger & desire for revenge like I lost Anakin.

Aboard the Death Star, Darth Vader considered the results his "interview" with Princess Leia as he returned to her cell, ostensibly for another private session. His knowledge of computers and machinery was of great use as he carefully erased any records of the tests on her blood samples, tests that confirmed that Leia was indeed the result of his union with Padme'. As the cell door opened, Vader felt a tightening in his chest as he looked upon the results of his handiwork. What was it he was feeling? He reminded himself that what he had done was a necessary test of her resolve and abilities. There was no need for regret. All that was within him that could feel regret had died years ago...

"Well," Leia demanded weakly, "do you have any more questions of me, or is this merely to be a staring contest?" Beneath his hideous mask, the Dark Lord of the Sith smiled, though the action brought agony to his ruined features. She had mastered her anger, pain & fear, using those feelings to fuel her resolve. She would make an excellent student.

"It is good to see that you have not lost your charm & poise, Princess," Vader remarked. "Your resistance to the mind probes has been considerable, but that was to be anticipated. I did not expect your resolve to whither so easily. In fact, I don't expect you to tell me at all where the hidden fortress lies."

Leia stared at the Dark Lord in shock and disbelief. "Then why..." The question faltered on her lips. She could not understand such cruelty.

"To test your abilities," Vader answered the incompleted question. "To ascertain your strength. Indeed the Force is strong with you," he stated with some satisfaction. Of course she was strong in the Force! The Emperor knew, as well as Vader, that strength in the Force could travel along bloodlines. That was why the Emperor comissioned a battle station to wipe out a rumored enclave of children descended from Jedi. Lord Vader found it somewhat amusing that his vaunted weapon was sabotaged by a team of Jedi. What technological weapon could withstand the power of the Force? Perhaps his Master created such superweapons

6. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    BTW, as far as others wanting to add to this story, EU is DEFINATELY allowed! I'm an avowed EU Gusher!

Unfortunately, as I write my part, I've noticed that dialog isn't my strong suit. I'm more of a narrative writer...

7. Breakdancin'Cactuar

Breakdancin'Cactuar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2000
    I'm HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNGRY!!!!!!!!! PLEASE MORE!!!!!!!!

8. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Well, you have me as a reader. And your dialogue is nothing to worry about! You nailed Leia and Vader! Leia's wisecracks cracked me up! Keep going....!

aa :D

9. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Sooo sleeeeeepyyyyy... It's almost 2am here in Missouri. More later. BTW, somewhere buried in the depths of the fanfic forum is the beginning of my 1st fanfic. It's called Alhana's Travels (A Padawan on the Run)

Enjoy and Thank you!

10. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Back to the top with ye!! Sorry about all the wiggy stuff in the title. I kept checking my work as I went alon, and didn't realized it was screwing with the post title...

11. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    please more!

12. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    "My father? That can't be! No!" This was too much for Princess Leia to accept. Her adopted family on Alderaan had told her that her father was a hero who fought & died during the Clone Wars. Bail adopted that hero's child to honor a fallen comrade. That would explain her natural mother's perpetual sadness before she died as well. That this monster, the very personification of Imperial tyranny, the creature who had tortured her for no better reason that to test her resolve, was her father! She screamed in denial of what she heard.

"Your thoughts betray you, Leia. You know I speak the truth." Lord Vader extended a gloved hand towards his daughter. He knew the truth would be difficult to accept, especially with the memories of her torture at his hands so recent.

"I had to do what was needed to test your strength. Were the Emperor to become aware of your true nature, your life would be forfeit. You have a special gift, my daughter. You are strong in the Force, as I am. That makes you a threat to the Emperor. In time, with my help, your danger to the Emperor will become real." The Dark Lord leaned closer to Leia, adjusting the volume in his breathmask to speak in conspiratorial tones, "With our combined strength we can defeat the Emperor and rule the galaxy as father & daughter."

Leia slumped over for a long moment, still weakened by her torture and paralyzed by the possibilities she faced. Strong in the Force? A threat to the Emperor? Rule the galaxy? To be certain, she had run for the Imperial Senate in the hopes of using her power there to oppose the Empire's atrocities, and the idea was not lost on her that he might eventually garner enough support to reign as President of the Senate, using that power to enact real reform...But to join forces with this monster, her...father, was too much for her to consider! Through her confusion, through her pain, through her growing anger at her family for having lied to her, and her growing hatred of this creature that called himself her father, Leia found a new reserve of strength. It was an infininately vast, cold, and harsh reservoir of power, like a black hole where all of her idealism had once been.

"Get away from me!" Leia reached into that dark reservoir and *pushed* at Lord Vader with the power she found there. The strength of her anger struck the Dark Lord like a blow, knocking him across the small cell.

The Dark Lord regained his balance, nodding in satisfaction. "Impressive! Most impressive." Indeed Lord Vader had not anticipated her being able to use the Force to such effect so early. She was truly his daughter! "The Force is strong with you, my daughter. In time you will learn to use it as I have. It is the only way to defeat the Emperor."

Just then, the door to the cell opened, revealing a black-garbed Imperial officer. The young man entered the room nervously. Interrupting Lord Vader's work was a sure way to lose one's life. The officer spoke up, "Grand Moff Tarkin demands an update in your progess with the prisoner."

"Inform the Grand Moff that I will speak with him shortly," Vader responded. Turning to the Princess, he stabbed a single finger towards her. "You would do well to consider my proposal, Your Highness!" With a swirl of black robes, the Dark Lord of the Sith was gone, leaving Leia to reflect on what had just happened.

The Princess was still breathing heavily, flush with the power that flowed through her. Had she actually done that? Thrown Lord Vader across the room with nothing more than her mind? And the officer that just left. Leia could sense the fear rolling off the man just as clearly as she could see the black helmet that he wore. She found the sensation both repugnant and compelling at the same time. Perhaps Lord Vader could teach her how to use this Force to overpower the Emperor...

13. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    ah...here you are...back up to the top!

Whaddya guys think so far? What would you like me or any potential adders-on to go into? What characters or situations (EU included) would you like twisted by this turn of events?

Inquiring Fanboy Authors Want to Know!!!

14. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    ...A Taste of Things to Come:

A Four Way Tag-Team Force-User Papooky:
    Vader & Leia vs. Obi-Wan & Luke
    On the surface of Yavin IV.....

15. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Intriguing plot twists! I'll look forward to reading them! Please keep writing. I love this story so far!

16. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
  17. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Sorry...couldn't come up with a good way to keep Organa & A'kla alive, sooo........

"Tarkin! I should've recognized your foul stench when I came aboard." Indeed, Leia could sense the fear that lingered around the Grand Moff. She got the distinct feeling that he was the sort that inflicted fear upon others, rather than face his own. Lord Vader spoke with her briefly about burying that fear deep within her soul, mastering it and making it work for her. Tarkin's methods only increased her contempt for the pale little ghoul of a man. "I'm suprised you signed the termination order yourself," she scoffed, projecting her feelings upon him.

The Grand Moff paused for a long moment, transfixed by Leia's gaze. For a moment, he saw himself as she saw him, saw his own self-hatred reflected in her eyes. He shivered briefly, becoming even more pale.

"Charming, to the last..." he responded weakly. He had not totally decided uppon his next action, but now, after that moment, the fate of Princess Leia Organa's homeworld was sealed...

The shock of what happened staggered Obi-Wan Kenobi as firmly as if he'd been kicked by Darth Maul. He leaned over to one of the couches on the battered old spice freighter he & Luke had chartered, finding some measure of strength from the familiarity of the leather. Ah, Captain Solo; if only you knew the history of this ship, you'd never have asked me if I'd heard of the Millenium Falcon. The living Force is filled with a sense of the ironic...

Luke paused from his lessons with the lightsaber. His senses had opened up remarkably with what the old Jedi had taught him, and as such could feel before he could see, that something was amiss with his teacher.

"Ben, what's wrong?" Luke felt his mentor's distress, and had a vague impression of things far worse. Obi-Wan was silent for a long while, trying to put all of the horror of what he felt into words. Bail! A'kla! No!

"There's been a great disturbance in the Force, as if a billion voices cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced." Never had he experienced such grief, not even when he lost Master Qui-Gon to the blade of a Sith Lord. How could the Emperor condone such an abomination? Surely he understood that it was life that created the Force, and to destroy so many in so gross a fashion was to detract from the Force. Obi-Wan wasn't sure that even the dark side could thrive in the absence of life.

Suddenly, the answer became clear to him: for all that had just died, there were countless billions more who would hear of this tale of death, and would be terrified by it. That is how the dark side would thrive, Obi-Wan realized, that is how the Balance of the Force would be tipped. That is why Vader and the Emperor must be stopped!

For a brief moment, Vader was thankful that his body was largely mechanical, and as such he had the presence of mind to will it to freeze in place and shut off the vocoder. He also kept his daughter in his iron grip as an additional brace. It would not do for him to show any sign of weakness. No, that would have been more appropriate for his other self. Much like his former master, the Dark Lord of the Sith was strongly affected by the destruction of Alderaan, moreso because of his proximity to the mass death and his greater connection to the Force. He had harbored doubts about the wisdom of a weapon whose sole purpose was destruction on so large a scale. Now he was certain that this superweapon had to be neutralized.

The Emperor was convinced by Tarkin's "Doctrine of Fear," that a galaxy ws easier to control by fear of death than by death itself. Tarkin, such a weak man! He had a minor grasp of the power of fear, but without knowledge of the Force, he would never grasp the true nature of the universe. The ability to destroy a world was insignificant next to the power of the Force. Tarkin placed too much trust in his

18. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    So far, I've been having fun giving the events of A New Hope a SLIGHT tweaking, but don't worry: things will start becoming more different...muhahahaha.....

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Oh yeah, in case you guys hadn't noticed, I've included one of my mad, delusional fanboy ideas into the tale:

The "cover story" was that Luke's father was a navigator on a spice freighter...

When Han Solo asked Kenobi if he'd ever heard of the Millenium Falcon, Obi-Wan didn't say "No," he just sorta smiled and said "Should I have?"

Coincidence? I think not!

20. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Okies, I'm back from the EU/Canon Holy Wars raging on the "Episode II & III" pages....

Darth Vader could feel his daughter's torment long before he entered her holding cell. To be honest, he too was still feeling the aftereffects of what had happened to Alderaan. Bail Organa was a brave man and would have made a formidable enemy. It was a pity that he died as he did. The Sith Lord caught himself in mid-thought. There was no room for pity in his soul, he reminded himself. To allow pity was to crowd out the power of the dark side, and it was that power he craved after, power to avenge the deaths of...No! Just as there was no room for pity, there was no room for regret or remorse. He had to keep his focus here and now, where it belonged. Vader paused. Weren't those Qui-Gon's words? Bah! Qui-Gon Jinn was a weakling and a fool! **So foolish that he believed in you when no one, not even Padme' did?** His thoughts began to betray him. It was no matter. In the end, Qui-Gon was destroyed, struck down by a Sith Lord. **A Sith Lord like you** Indeed, his death was a testament to the power of the dark side and the ineffectual nature of the Jedi. Those wre the words of his master this time, the Emperor. Yes, I've got to save my daughter from the Emperor, Vader thought. This is the only way...

The cell door opened and Leia stood and crouched cat-like, he face contorted by hatred, ready to strike at the Dark Lord of the Sith. Vader was ready this time. He extended a hand and held her in place with the power of the Force. He could feel her trying to draw upon her powers to resist. Impressive, but not enough. Lord Vader used his power to Force Leia into a sitting position, holding her motionless.

"You hate Tarkin for what he has done," the Dark Lord began, "and you hate me as well for allowing it to happen. Excellent. There is great power to be had from hatred, and fear, and anger. You must learn to master your feelings young one, before they master you. Your hatred will make you powerful, my daughter. Powerful enough to defeat the Emperor. It is the only way."

Leia was still haunted by the vision of Alderaan's last moments. She could still almost hear the entire planet calling out in terror, and then falling suddenly silent. She had felt that surge of panic emanating from Alderaan's people, and she found the sensation intoxicating. She could still see Bail Organa's last moments, hear his sigh over the screech of the superlaser...

"You killed my father!" Leia screamed in accusation.

"No," Lord Vader corrected, "I allowed the pretender to that title to die. The father that you once knew, the life that you had once known are dead. It is time for a new life. Your destiny lies with me, Leia. It is the only way to destroy the Emperor." Vader paused for a long moment, remembering another time, another life. Watching the light fade from the eyes of the most beatiful woman he'd ever known. Remembering the pain he'd felt at the end of that other life.

Lord Vader released Leia from his Force grip, but held his hand point to her still. His next words pierced Leia to the depths of her soul:

"It is the only way to avenge the death of your father."

"...He keeps repeating 'I've found her' and saying 'She's here!" Threepio was clearly perplexed at Artoo's behavior. He'd always been erratic, and ever since that terrible incident over Tatooine, it was as though he'd gone completely mad! Perhaps when they'd made it to this Rebel base that Master Luke refers to, that perhaps Artoo would be treated to a nice overhaul and memory wipe...The protocol droid's musings were interrupted by the infernal howling of that Wookie.

"...uh, Han! Y-you but the cuffs on him," Luke stammered, easing away from the Wookie's massive frame. The smuggler looked reassuringly to Chewbacca.

"No Chewie, it's okay, I think I know what he has in mind..."

21. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
  22. jedi_yoda23

jedi_yoda23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2000
    Hey this is excellent stuff Jedi Merkurian!!! *Commended you are to be, jedi. (in yoda-speak)*

I hope you won't be offended when it's posted, but I'm currently working on a story similar to this one!!! (It is pretty amazing that Vader didn't recognize his own daughter in ANH.)

Anyways, keep up the great work! I anxiously await more.

23. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    hey this is really good. I'd add some but my writting stinks. Keep up the good work and more posts soon please.

24. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Thanks for the support guys! I'm at work right now (they really shouln't let us have internet-capable computers at our cubicles!) but hopefully I'll be able to add more this afternoon or tomorrow....

25. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    This is great. I just have one question. Was the Falcon originally Anikans???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.