main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Anakin 'n' Tahiri's Place

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gr8terThanSumOfParts, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Wow, everytime I think about posting on this topic, I just get so sad.

Tahiri is one of my all time favorite characters, I loved her energy, and her inability to keep her mouth shut as a child.

I then learned to appreciate her inner strenth as she learned to share her very mind and soul with an alien being, and then finally outliving her best friend and soul mate Anakin Solo.

But now...she's seems like a shell of her former self. This shell imagery is perptuated by the fact that we see her external actions with no clue as to what her inner motivations might be.

I admit part of me hopes she is simply put out of her misery in the final chapter of LOTF, the story has simply mutilated her character and used her for its own evil ends. It would even be cool, if when she died she was redeemed and Anakin was there waiting for her on the otherside, not that I think that will happen.

So anyway just a few of my depressing thoughts on a depressing subject.

2. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I think it would be a really dramatic scene if Ben and Tahiri have a duel and Ben is using the same tactics that Luke was using on Vader in RotJ. So anyway as Ben is attempting to redeem her, Anakin's blue ghost shows up and then together Anakin and Ben succeed in bringing Tahiri back to her regular self.

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    First of all - a reminder about the Anahiri challenge to write an Anakin story set in the era of the Corellian trilogy.

Second - you might like to try your hand at another challenge on the Beyond thread: The Solo/Veila Resuscitation Thread

Here's hoping to see more stories about Anakin and A/T. [face_love]

Ooh - I like your ideas about Ben redeeming Tahiri with Anakin's help, Earthknight. :) IF Tahiri's really gone dark then that would be a great way to resolve it. It would be true to Star Wars, too, as the theme of redemption has always been crucial to it.

star-writer
    I like your idea of the current portrayal of Tahiri with its lack of inside views as a symbol of Tahiri's hollowness. =D= That's very cool.

Yes, I get depressed about the current Tahiri representation - hence the article. I try and be hopeful, but I was ever hopeful about Anakin after SbS, and that sure didn't do much good. :( But, it would be good to be proved wrong and have something good happen this time.

I find it impossible to equate the current Tahiri with the old one. It's like a complete break in the continuity.

4. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Hey guys and gals, hows things?

I have a new multi part story I've just started working on tonight which will be showing everyone, but mostly A/T centric. I was wondering if anyonne would be keen to take a look at the start of it and see what you think, bearing in mind that it's only enough for the first post so far, and I'm not too sure when it will see the boards. I'm hoping to get a significant portion written in advance so I have some fall back space if I hit a block.

Anyone who's keen just PM me with your email addy and I'll send a straight text version through.

Wayne.

5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hey there, Klimt
    Always good to have another A/T fan pop in. I've Pmed you about your story. :)

6. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Since the Jedi are aligned with the Wookies, do you think that Anakin's lightsaber could play a role in Tahiri's possible redemption? Or could it have been destroyed in the orbital bombardment?

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    It hasn't been addressed at all. I really hope it wasn't destroyed. That would be horrible [face_worried]

8. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's a good thought, Ultima - I'd actually forgotten about the lightsaber being on Kahyyyk, bad me. I hope it wasn't incinerated. If it was, that's one more sin against Caedus. :mad:

Another reminder about the challenge deadline coming up soon. I'm working on an Anakin piece for it - so hopefully there'll be some other takers.

9. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I've been chatting with ImperialSolo, who has suggested some ideas for possible new sections to include in future issues of the magazine.

The first is a section focusing on the authors who have written Anakin and Tahiri in canon. In each issue, we could look at one author, and at how A/T fit into their stories?

A second idea is to look at the canon books since SbS, and imagine each of them with our hero and heroine together in the storyline. How would this have changed the storyline in each?

I'd like to hear everyone's ideas on this.

(I can see the first working as a regular section. We could divvy up the books and post one or two reports each time - or one person could take responsibility overall, and maybe canvass everyone for their views on the books one at a time. I write an article on this type of thing a few issues ago that dealt with A and T in the JJK books, so we could possibly continue from there.)

10. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    SPOILERS. Nothing big, but it mentions what book Tahiri is in.

There is plenty of stuff happening with Tahiri in Invincible. However, most A/T fans, even just Tahiri fans, won't be happy about some or it

Edit: I like both of Imperial_Solo's ideas!

11. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I like ImperialSolo's ideas too, but I'm certain we can't do Traitor if we decide to do the second idea.

12. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Just thought I'd repost the challenge to make it easier for people to see [face_whistling]

13. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Hmm...just thought I'd pop in and up this...it deserves to be on page 1

Morgoth :)

14. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    My thoughts on Tahiri after reading invincible:(Note this has major Invincible spoilers)

I loved it! I thought as a reader we finally got a chance to understand just exactly what is going on in Tahiri's head. I loved the scene where Jacen tells her that her kiss with Anakin meant nothing. Between that and Ben telling her she is as much of a sith as he was and that the others would forgive her is going to be a major wakeup call. I thought it was interesting in the end when she just wanted to give up, that it was Ben who insisted she come back, it reminded me so much of Luke and Vader in Return of the Jedi. I haven't started shipping Ben/Tahiri because Ben is still just a little kid, I don't care how mature he acts or how tall he gets, but now that Tahiri is definitely on his radar I think were going to be seeing a lot more of her. And I am glad to say that is doesn't look like the EU is done with Tahiri Veila yet!

15. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Thanks star_writer24, it is nice to hear some info from a reliable source.

16. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    My opinion on Tahiri? Serious emotional issues, this woman is seriously off the rails and going after Ben like that <shudders,> lock her up please and don't let her near him, I know some people have hope of B/T but good Force! No only is there a massive age gap, (too big in my opinion unless they want to be Star Wars Ashton/Demi,) how in the world could anyone think her good for him when he has enough emotional baggage as it is? She'd drive him back towards the darkside. I'm not saying the authors won't try it, I just hope they don't. (In my mind it was just a throwback tribute to the Graduate, Denning making fun, not starting anything, Ben was FOURTEEN! It's not right. Have Tahiri locked up for a bit, make her come to her senses, I used to love the character so I hope they can help her, but still...gross.)

17. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I don't think she'll drive him to the Dark Side. I think he will drive her to the Light Side. All she needs right now is a friend and fact is, Ben doesn't really have any friends so that would be a good one.

18. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm not saying they can't be friends, I just don't think there should be anything romantic between them, Ben will find more friends in his life, I don't think at the moment Tahiri will be a very good friend for him. If she recovers I don't think she'll have any romantic feeling for Ben, it was only because she was consumed by the darkside that she tried something like seducing a fourteen year old.

If anything Tahiri needs to grow up, Ben is a lot more mature then she's been acting in LOTF, she lost Anakin fourteen years ago and should have gotten over her grieving of him a long time ago, accepting his loss would have played a part in preventing her slipping to the darkside. Hooking up with Anakin's little cousin is just not something Tahiri would dream of doing if she was in her right mind, but she's acting like a child.

19. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Being somewhat of a Beniri fan, I would not mind if Tahiri and Ben hooked up in the future. But right now I want them become good friends, which would be cool. I think if she hanged out with Ben, she'd loosen up and grow up.

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ooh - I haven't got Invincible yet, so this all sounds a bit worrying, but I'll add some thoughts once I've read it.

Yoda and Kick
    I'm working on my challenge story but RL is making it tricky to get time, so I may not be finished by the deadline. But I'll post it anyway and send you both a copy once it's finished. :) I will TRY to get done by the 15th.

21. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    First off, I'm definitely against B/T. Becoming friends, if that's even possible, is fine. But nothing more, since it would disgrace what Anakin and Tahiri had.

As for Invincible, I got it yesterday, and I only skimmed a certain part of it, and it was enough to tell me that Caedus gives Tahiri a rude awakening by informing her all the flow-walking did was change her memories. It won't bring Anakin back to life. It's like he's bluntly telling her, "Your boyfriend's dead and gone. He ain't coming back. Get over it." I think that was enough to get her to start leaving Caedus. Not necessarily the dark side, but definitely Caedus.

So Tahiri is still alive. That's good. But what kind of future is there for her. As I said in an e-mail to Tahi for the latest issue of A/T, in her mind the Jedi turned their backs on her during the Dark Nest Trilogy. Anakin's family started doing the same during The Swarm War, and I think the separation was completed in Inferno. I know some were speculating that if Jacen survived Invincible, he would suffer a fate similar to Ulic Qel-Droma - stripped of the Force and in exile either on a planet (maybe Dagobah) or wandering the space lanes. Now I have to wonder if Tahiri is going to suffer that fate. Will she return to Zonama Sekot and never leave, do what A'Sharad Hett did after Order 66 and rejoin the Tuskens, or something else.

We know there's a James Luceno novel coming out at the end of the year, and it takes place after Invincible. I'm certain we're going to be seeing more of Tahiri. Hopefully, someone, ideally Greg Keyes, will write a stand-alone novel detailing what happens to Tahiri post-Invincible.

22. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I honestly don't think Tahiri is going to go fully dark. I actually believe Ben is going to make her come fully to the light since no one in NJO wants to help her. Ben is actually the first Jedi in the NJO to actually step forward and try to help her. The rest just wanted to kill her which is sad. Tahiri deserved what she got: redemption :) .

I'm a Tahiri fan and to me she's better as a lightsider than as a darksider.

23. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    I disagree slightly with what you said. During the Yuuzhan Vong war, Anakin did what he could to help Tahiri recover from her attempted shaping. When Anakin died, Luke and Mara did what they could to help her recover. And it seemed that they succeeded. But it's been since Dark Nest that Tahiri received the short end of the deal from the Jedi. Will we ever get the Tahiri who talked non-stop and who was Anakin's love back? No - she's gone. Will we get the merged personality Tahiri from the end of the Yuuzhan Vong war? I don't know.

24. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Just finished 'Invinsible.' Who is this woman portraying Tahiri????

25. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Tahiri definitely wasn't acting like herself. But still, she was kind of sexy in a twisted sort of way=P~ .

I can only hope she becomes a good little woman again. Not fragile but tough and sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.