main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Anakin 'n' Tahiri's Place

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gr8terThanSumOfParts, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Well, I'm a bit late, but I got a review done this time: today's (yesterday's, in some timezones [face_blush]) 'fic is "The Latest News" by Maggy!

Hopefully, the next review should be quicker? [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

2. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    And it was! :p

Here it is: "When Nobody Died" by star_writer24!! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

3. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    This one's a bit delayed, though: "Anakin's Frustrating Fitting" by brodiew. I think it's worth the wait!! :D

Hopefully back on time for the next one... [face_blush]

- The Imperial Ewok

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Hi everyone. Sil needs to make another appearance. and read thru some talk earlier in this thread about LOTF Tahiri and thought I'd say that I don't think that the description fits her. I haven't read most of LOTF but from what I'm hearing it looks like she's been greatly mischaracterized.

5. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Nope. I'm nearly 96 hours late. :p

I blame lack of sleep and length of work, but this one really needed to wait until I could do more than grin stupidly at the fun parts. ;)

Read it for yourselves: "Teetering" by Kidan! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Tahi, TMcE, et al,

Is it possible to include a list of challnges isused over the years in this thread? Perhaps, like other character threads, it could be added to the initial post of the thread?

pretty please? :)

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    not challenge related but one for Tahiri/RIina: http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/28683341/p1/?0

8. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    About that challenge list:

pretty please with a cherry on top?

9. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    You want me to go through all 37 pages and organize the challenges together? :p

[face_thinking] I'll see if I can make time...

Meanwhile, for the first time in a fortnight, here's the latest A/T 'fic rec: "Red Sky" by Lonewolf89 has been updated. It's an awesome update if you're reading this 'fic... and an awesome 'fic if, for some reason, you've not found it yet!

:cool: [face_love] A/T!! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

10. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Nah, don't sweat it, TMcE. I thought you were one of the thread managers. I'd like one of them to do it. So, you're off the hook.;)

11. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Hmm...I'm going to up this thread, mostly because everyone needs a bit more A/T right now, especially after the LOTF series where a certain blonde character was pretty much ruined and also with the declinement of A/T fics on the forums :(

So, without further ado...UP!!!

12. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    how about going back to page 33 somewhere in the middle is a list of all challenge titles with entries :)
    the index is lacking of the latest magazine challenge though.
    hope that helps

13. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Challenge Overview

?an itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikini? challenge:

Winner entry:
    Bikini Detective by Tahi

Participated:
    Attention by Kidan
    Bikini by Imperial-Hippy
    Death by Bikini by JDH3
    Do you seriously want me to wear that? by Jaya Solo
    Tango by Thrawn McEwok
    The Latest Craze by Maggy
    There is no Death; there is the Force by Kissa

?a japor snippet? challenge:

Winner entry:
    Echoes by LosDosMos

Participated:
    A Piece of Japor by Kidan
    My Treasure by Courtney_Solo
    Symbiosis by Artanis
    The Lovers by Thrawn McEwok
    The Meaning of Friendship by Tahi

?dinner and a show? challenge:

Winner entry:
    Dinner and a Show by Kidan

Participated:
    The Kiss by Courtney_Solo

?a great moment in Anakin?s life ? without Tahiri? challenge:

No entries yet ? at least I did not find any

?not for the eyes of younglings? challenge ? no winner chosen yet:

Participated:
    Kin by Thrawn McEwok
    My Immortal by Courtney_Solo
    Not for the eyes of younglings by Tahi
    Practice Makes Perfect by Jedi-Ant

?A need for discretion? challenge: ? not judged

Participated:
    Happy Lifeday, Dummy! By Jedi-Ant
    The Talk by Tahi

?Anakin during the Corellian Trilogy set in 18 ABY. It can be a missing scene, although it doesn't have to go strictly with the books. It must, however, be canon compliant.? Challenge: ? no winner chosen yet

Participated:
    Drumbeats by Tahi

14. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Thank you very much for doing that Maggy. I appreciate being able to see them all in one place. :)

15. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    no problem .. it was more of a repost than anything else
    it was done for the last magazine post ;)

16. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Sweet! nice little bite sized snippets of A/T joy in one place to read when i get home.. not tonight tho, tonight i need my beauty sleep :p

--------------------
    ---------UP---------
    -------->UP<--------
    -------=>UP<=-------
    ------==>UP<==------
    -----===>UP<===-----
    ---------||---------
    ---------||---------
    --------------------

17. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Hi.

Something that I've been thinking about recently: just why did Anakin run off from Yavin and not say goodbye to Tahiri?

What could have made him behave like such an ass?

I have my own ideas, but I want to hear other people's! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

18. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    EDIT: I just noticed, Maggy's thread is missing the Solo/Veila Resuscitation Association challenges from Lit. They're NOT part of the challenge series in Anahiri, and they have their own thread, but the first one at least was "issued" here inasmuch as I linked through....

?pants, thong, bikini, barefoot, Ewok? challenge: ? not judged

Participated:
    Ressurection By EvieSolo
    Tahiri, Don't Despair by Kecen (this actually doesn't meet the key requirement of that challenge thread but never mind)
    The Latest News by Maggy

?How Anakin Could Fix This Mess? challenge: ? not judged

Participated:
    No-one yet. I need to finish my contribution to the 'fic I co-wrote with Maggy. [face_blush]

:oops:

- The Imperial Ewok

19. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Just a thought about your question, Thrawn, but I think there are two possiblities. One, Anakin has a bad habit of getting overly involved and being absorbed in things. I think the war was kind of like that for him. He saw people dying, and he wanted to help. In his singleminded way, he just ran off to save the galaxy and forgot to saying anything to Tahiri.

Another possiblity is that Mara, in her oh so senstive way, may have made Anakin leave (because didn't he leave Yavin with her?) before he got to tell Tahiri what was going on, and he was just too embarassed to call her up and say, "Hey, uh, I forgot to say goodbye to you, so bye!"

20. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hey Mags - thanks so much for reposting that Challenge list - and also thanks Thrawn for adding the Solo/Veila thread ones. :)

Why did Anakin leave Yavin without saying goodbye? Hmmm. I like Lonewolf's explanation. Also he was a guy, and guys do stupid things - no offence, but they do. ;) They act and then think.

Another possibility - playing with ideas here - is that he was pretty chuffed to be asked to go with Mara and Luke, and got so excited about the fact HE was being taken seriously (as a team member) and treated like more of an adult than a child, that he simply forgot about anything other than the fact he was going on a potential adventure. Or maybe he didn't want to tell her because he was afraid she'd call him out for for thinking he was better than her. He did have a tendency to believe that it was better not to ask permission and worry about forgiveness later, didn't he? So I guess I see it as in character for him not to tell her. Rebirth dealt to a minor extent with him learning how to adjust his behaviour in his friendship/relationship with Tahiri.

21. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    ACK! The A/T index has been locked. [face_hypnotized]
    Is there any chance we can get that fixed?:confused:
    Perhaps it's time for that index to get a face lift anyway. [face_mischief]
    I'm volunteering to help if any of our amazing index managers is interested,[face_dancing] there are still many new A/T stories out there being added to the boards daily. :D

Just a thought. [face_thinking]

EDIT: THANK YOU!!!

22. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I was looking at the blurb for Fate of the Jedi Novel number 1.
    Now, apparently Zekk went crazy, who want to bet that the second crazy Jedi is Tahiri?

23. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Zekk goes crazy! It's offical, canon sucks. [face_not_talking] Next to A/T, Zekk was my favorite. How can writers take beloved characters and pretty much slaughter them? I almost feel glad Anakin did die after spoiling myself to the NJO aftermath; who knows what they would have done with him.

24. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Gee, you only just noticed? :D

Yeah, it's sad but true imho. There have been some gems, and I adored the Republic Commando books personally, but to me most of what Del Ray have released post-JJK has turned into a complete Charlie Fox. I only completed my NJO collection because I kept hoping things would pick up. Dark Nest I picked up second hand. LOTF I read the first six books from the library, and as for the end of that series or the upcoming FOTJ set, as much as I hate to admit it, I just don't care. About any of it.

And that's something I never thought I'd be saying about Star Wars.

25. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    I'm in the same mindset about now, which has shocked me, because I grew up with Star Wars, I've been in love with Star Wars since I was a wee child, and have been even more in love with the EU books since early adolescence, so for me to say I really couldn't care less about the future the franchise is taking is a really, really big deal (to me).

My biggest problem is that it just doesn't feel like Star Wars anymore.

It's almost like they're trying to make it too high tech, too "pretty". I just wish they'd go back to basics. Sometimes less is more.

[/end rant]

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.