main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ancient Races: Celestials, Rakata, and Co

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cronal, May 19, 2011.

1. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Didn't FotJ kind of state that the Architects are the Ones of Mortis who are what Celestials become or something confusing like that? I know early sources said Architects = Celestials but I thought FotJ added something new to the mix. Or was that some cough syrup induced dream of mine? :p

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The Killiks aren't a trustworthy source of information.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    It stated that the Ones are what the Celestials become. The Celestials and the Architects are the same.

Cronal likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    who said that?

5. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    The Kiliks, I believe.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we trust them?

7. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Gamiel

Its always a toss-up depending on who you talk to. Some people say you can't trust them at all. Others, like me, think otherwise. I think their unusual circumstances just make it more tricky to decipher. Because we know the Celestials existed and that the Kiliks were slaves to them from outside sources, that is fact. Therefore anything they add to the discussion is either fact that their ancestors remember, or fiction introduced by joiners. Why would there be fiction on this matter? So little people even know of the Celestials, Arcitechs, or The Ones existence. I would assume there is no fictional matter produced about them. Also there is no other outside sources that match this (that we know of), indicating it came from within the hive. These are just my thoughts, but I doubt its all fictional. It seems very important, important enough that they actually took the time to draw out paintings of it.

DarthJenari likes this.
  8. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    The biggest issue that goes against the Killiks is their very... fluid sense of memory. Everything that joins their hive mind is taken as their own piece recollection of past events. So, Dark Nest made a point of saying that Joiners potentially made Centrepoint and that this made the Killiks believe that they created it under the direction of the Celestials. Having said that, the murals and everything in FotJ to me indicates that the Killiks might be right. If it was strictly the novels, one could perhaps say the Killiks are lying or misinterpreted events but things like the Essential Atlas and others show that the Killiks were workers for the Celestials.

Ultimately though on the Celestials, unless the Ones are really them, we have never actually seen them directly. Its always their 'works' and 'legacy' that is left behind that we see instead of the actual thing.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    And there is also the possibility that things we ascribe to the Celestials could be created by others...

purplerain likes this.
  10. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Sounds like you have read the DNT. I have been thinking about buying them. Are they good?

11. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    If you are into the beginning of the end of everything the EU stands for, then yes DNT is good, otherwise the timeline ends with TUF.

kubricklynch and purplerain like this.
  12. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    The Celestials are the ancient Earth-visiting aliens of Star Wars.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  13. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Ancient Aliens!

purplerain likes this.
  14. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013

[​IMG]

On another note, in the preview for Dawn of the Jedi: Force War #1, Xesh remembers the Flesh Raiders being mutated lower-caste Rakata "bred for war".

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

[​IMG]

16. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    So, some new information from Dawn of the Jedi: Force War:
    -The Flesh Raiders are mutated lower caste Rakata that serve as shock troopers and are seemingly equipped with Forcesabers suggesting that they are also Force sensitive.
    -One of the reasons for the invasion of the Tython system is the presence of an Infinity Gate made by the Kwa
    -Rakatan walkers are called Annihilators that look like the Star Forge like much of their ship designs.

Its quite interesting. A shame that they started after the war already began but I suppose that could lead to a novel set during that era.

purplerain likes this.
  17. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    How heavily are the ancient civilizations discussed here present in the Dawn of the Jedi?

18. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    very

19. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Interesting. I read the first arc of that series but wasn't really hooked. I did however just pick up The Joiner King and am loving that.

20. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    There was the early bit in the first arc showing the Rakata, the second arc touches a bit more with the Kwa and this one you get to see the Rakata quite a bit. So, I would imagine that the references to the ancient civilizations is just going to just go up in the Force War story arc.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    And Into the Void can not shut up about the Gree, even if we find out noting about them or any idea what their, possible, ruins look like

22. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Force War #1 reveals that the Infinite Empire is ruled by an "over-predor".

23. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    The Celestials perhaps?!

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why is it always Celestials with you guys!

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  25. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Celestials celestials celestials. Celestials celestials celestials celestials!

Celestials.

CELESTIALS!

Force Smuggler likes this.