main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA And so it begins...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthRidiculous, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    Howdy, All,

Long time no talk! Been lurking in here over the past few weeks, and have decided (like a Sith lord, natch) to reveal myself at last.

BTW, congrats Auntie -- I know you'll remember me from the way-back, and (if memory serves) I even ended up with bragging rights for the first post to this forum a long time ago in a ... never mind :p

In any case, I was the guy who organized the line at the Century Stadium (Arden Way) for Ep. I. Have had several hush-hush irons in the fire over the past month or two in relation to a line for Ep. II, but all shall be revealed as soon as the rest of the pieces can get put into place (next week or two, if all goes well).

This time around, I've been concentrating on the Elk Grove area as somewhat centrally located for Sac/Stockton/Modesto; there is a UA and a Century theater there. As for the rest ... well, let's just say it's looking good so far. BUT FEEDBACK IS ESSENTIAL -- we're all in this together! So, I'll be in touch ASAP, and if you have comments to leave, let Auntie know and/or post them here!

In any case, looking forward to getting with you all again! :D

58 days and counting!!!

Take care,
    MBJ / DarthRidiculous

2. ID1113

ID1113 Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2002
    We were thinking of doing appearances at whichever theatre (looking like UA) in the Elk Grove area is going to be showing EP.2(they are SO much nicer than most in Sac); we are booked for the night/day of the premier down in Modesto, but maybe later?

Maybe we can all put something together!

3. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Woo-Hoo! Hi Ridiculous! I wondered where you disappeared. It's good to see you posting again. Considering the Central Valley's proximity to San Francisco, Skywalker Ranch and George's hometown of Modesto, we should be a hot bed of Star Wars fan activity.

Since so many people are going to see AOTC that first weekend, we could always plan something that first Saturday. It sounding like we're all going to be spread around in various locations in the north state.

I've gotta work the next morning in downtown Sacramento, so I'll likely see it at the Arden theater on opening night. Hopefully a couple people can join me.

4. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    i'm pretty sure i'll be at the arden theater opening night, so i'll be looking for auntie in line.

5. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Allright! :)

At least I'll have one friend there. I'm trying to talk my husband into watiting up for the midnight showing too. He can quote the original trilogy better than anyone I know. I think he'll get pumped up enough to join us.

6. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Auntie,

I?m most likely to be seeing it there also, I live over by Pavilions. I too am trying to get my wife to join me out in line for the midnight showing. I had to do it all alone for TPM. :(

7. pacman

Jan 17, 2002
    Ok auntie, All i can say to your husband and his so called ability to quote the original trilogy is bring it on! :)

hehehehe, at least now we'll have something entertaining to do in line. I'll bring my trivia book.

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! No one, and I mean NO ONE can recite the OT as well as I, Lord_Darth_Vader!!! The first kid in Yuba City to see Star Wars ANH, in '77, 100 times!!!!! And have now seen ANH 2034 times! Whew!!

I know every scene and every line!!! You all are familiar with my knowledge of light sabers now. That is nothing compared to my knowledge of the OT. I even can recite lines from the 1st and 2nd rough drafts, when names were different:

VADER:At last we meet!

DEAK:With so much commotion, I expected your master, not merely a servant.

Vader is angered by this remark. Taking a deep breath, he raises his arms and every object that isn't bolted down is picked up by an invisible force and hurled at the young Jedi. When the objects reach [within] about two feet of Deak, they are deflected by an invisible shield which surrounds him

DEAK (CONT'D):The Bogan is strong with you; but not nearly strong enough. I'm afraid you have to use your weapon, if you're able!

VADER: I am Lord Darth Vader, first Knight of the Sith, and right hand to His Eminence Prince Espaa Valorum, the Master of the Bogan. You will not mock me, or my Master; for the Ashla is weak, and the Force of Others can not save you now...

HA!! You see!? No one can beat me!!

MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

lol

Hey Darth Ridiculous! How are you!? long time no hear!

9. pacman

Jan 17, 2002
    You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Heheheh, it's good to know that I'm not the only OT super nut here. But i do bow before the master though; 2034 times! But then again you do have a couple more years of exposure than i do. Man, what I would give to be able to go back in time to the opening. Ok, now i AM an OT super nut. :)

10. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Good, good! We'll have at least a few people to sit together at the midnight showing in Sacramento. :)

11. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    So how's the line going Ridiculous??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.