main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ANH shortage

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Q99213, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I've noticed a sever shortage of ANH cards, specifically on eBay. I can usually get lots of cards or even complete sets of uncommons and commons for all of the sets, I've even won a few JG sets, but I can't seem to find any boxes or lots of ANH cards. Is there some reason for this? Were they printed in a limited number? It doesn't help that most of the LS decks on the TCG are based on ANH cards :(

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Not sure, I hadn't heard there was a shortage. I bought mine at Potomac. But Ketricel told me about another site selling them pretty cheap and they do not have a $125 minimum order like potomac does. It is called dacardworld. They are selling ANH boxes for $69.00 plus S&H. A box is the way to go if you can get them cheap becasue you get much more bang for your buck and a better pull of rares.

3. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I personally wouldnt worry, i Didnt really see too many good cards in ANH or BOY.

But follow Baca's Links if ya really want some :p

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Awesome, thanks for the link. Ironically, about 20 minutes after I started this I got a complete common/uncommon set on ebay for under $20. :D

My plan right now is to just get complete sets of cards while the game has relatively few sets, then look for lots of cards. I have the ocmplete SR set and common/uncommon sets of everything else, so now I need to start working on the rares, which probably means buying boxes.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    WOOPS! Double post. Darn wireless internet :mad:

6. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Not any good cards in ANH and BOY? :)

I have to disagree with you there. But at the same time, you can still compete without them, which is the cool thing about this game.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, I think ANH and BOY have some of the best cards, especially if you want a space based or ground based deck. From what I've seen so far, they augment each other much better than the earlier AOTC and ANH cards.

8. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    I have to disagree with you there. But at the same time, you can still compete without them, which is the cool thing about this game.

I meant overall they werent great.

Sure there are the Death Stars and the Falcons, but generally i was dissapointed reading over the spoiler lists. The PT sets so far have a good balance of cards, plenty of useful charactors, great ground cards and a variety of space cards, plus the battles and missions. But the OT sets didnt have the useful charactors.

But eh, thats my opinion :p ;)

9. russelguppy

russelguppy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    I have to agree, the chracters (supporting ones at least) in ANH just weren't as varied as the ones in previous sets!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.