main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Anime Party!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    we've been talking about this since the FF meeting, so now i'm gonna do it! let's have an anime party! we can all gather at my pad on saturday, march 2nd... about 2:00pm until whenever! bring your own refreshments... i have princess mononoke and macross plus on DVD, and idiots array has vampire hunter D. we can also rent some stuff from the place down the steet. or bring your own if it is DVD! (sorry all i have is a DVD player, with dolby 5.1 though!) i think we will have to limit it to a few favorites or we will be wathcing anime all night! (sorry kreleia , we wont have time for sailor moon....darn ;) ) i don't think i can fit more that 10 or 15 people in my place, but all are welcome! post here to let me know what you think or if you have any ideas! email me at sideshow@hotmail.com for directions if you want to join the fun!!!

2. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    WOOHOO!!! I'm there! :D I'll bring the only shonen anime DVD I have - Gatchaman. :) Cheesy, yes, but I like it. I'm excited for the rest, though! YEAH!!! (Finally I'll get to see Princess Mononoke!)

kreleia ^.^

3. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    well i *do* have the first season of cowboy bebop on dvd...

if i can get one of my family members to take me there (or if you're not too far away), i'll be there. :D

4. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I can't make it, but if anybody is interested I have the complete Macross Saga on DVD, that new remastered/recolored set from Animeigo. If you guys want it, lemme know and I'll hook up with somebody to deliver it. It's subtitled btw.

I also have all the Robotech DVD's except the last box that comes out march 19th, if there are any fans.

Void

5. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    I have Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Samurai X, and AKIRA on DVD. Let me know if you'd like to include them in your party and perhaps I'll make plans to join... :)

6. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Count me in. I have always wanted to see Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll. I have seen the rest. About Princess Mononoke, it has a fantastic story but moves pretty slow in some parts. That kind of soured me against the movie. Of course I didn't start watching it until midnight. Kreleia please bring Gatchaman. I haven't seen those since they first aired 20 some years ago (as Battle of the Planets.) I keep meaning to pick the DVDs but there are so many other things to spend money on (lightsaber and costume components for one.)

7. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Anime Party?

ANIME PARTY! Whoo-oh!

Count me in, sideshow212! Hmm, better speak to QuiGon about a ride...

8. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    jupitertronic! you HAVE to bring cowboy bebop! idiots array and i both love that series!
    skywalkersound we would love to have all of those titles, i have seen most of them, but there all great!

i actually live in tempe, near the corner of rural and university its pretty close to the ASU campus, and lots of busses run there. i can prolly give someone a lift, if they dont live too far away, of if someone else is driving, maybe they can offer a ride?

9. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Man, we're going to be up all day and all night watching anime...I dig it! ;)

India Alpha

10. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    yeah, it's gonna rule!

just so there is no confusion, the party is NEXT SATURDAY...as in the 2nd of march! , not tommorrow the 23rd of february.... just so everyone knows...
    and i will email everyone who has posted here and said they are coming with directions later this week!
    can't wait guys! [face_laugh]

11. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    I just bought Battle of the Planets volume 4 and Blood something or other. they were both used and cheap. I'm looking forward to seeing some more Anime.

12. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    the NEW vampire hunter D just came out on DVD!!! did anybody pick it up already???

13. KCarnes

KCarnes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    Hey folks, I'm new to this board (just found out about it) and would love to meet some fellow Star Wars/Sci-Fi/Anime fans. This Anime party sounds like fun. I would love to stop by and join in on some of the festivities.

KC

14. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    blockbuster has been out of the new vampire hunter d since it came out, but i heard from a friend that it's GREAT. he says it's way better than the original, and he was quite a fan of that. so if we can, um, secure a copy, that'd be awesome. ;)

15. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
  16. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    KCarnes: Welcome to FanForce! We're always looking for new victi...I mean, Star Wars fans. :D I hope you can make it to the Anime Party and some of our future events. Check here for updates on what and where those events are.

kreleia, our City Rep, is out of town right now, so I'm filling in for her. If you have any questions about FanForce or the JC, feel free to Private Message or email me. Have fun.

-> IA

17. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    thanks for posting the laws idiots array those are a must for any anime fan!!! :D

KCarnes , welcome from me as well, and yes you can totally join the anime party fun! i will email the directions to everyone soon!
    also, if you are interested in lining up for episode II, check out this thread, or email me at sideshow212@hotmail.com

18. jupitertronic

Feb 10, 2002
    ack, welcome Kcarnes, i didn't even see you there, sorry. :p i'm a newbie too. :D

19. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Got a new icon for you, sideshow:

[image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/hanpanic.gif]

;)

-> IA

20. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    AWESOME!!! that is the one for me!!!

21. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    lol, glad you like it. ;)

-> IA

22. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    anime? I have Star Ballz on DVD. Does that count?

23. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    hehe, I like that icon sideshow :)

24. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    yeah, it suits me! :D

subjugator: welcome back! i haven't heard of that title before, but you're welcome to bring it!

25. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I think that was the...adult film LFL was sueing because they said it put a bad image on Star Wars.

-> IA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.