main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

another boro meet up for no reason other than a meet up

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by jedi_master_booth, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    i dont know about anyone else but i fancy a meet up for the the sake of it - anyone else fancy a pint or two ?

RSA EDIT: Locked at FF-UK:N CR's request

2. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    You buyin?

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

4. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    if it involves Subway - count me in!

5. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    well theres 3 up for it seeing as ogil is paying (hes the one with the money )

6. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    count me in (unless it's this Thurdsay - I'm off to the Boro match [face_dancing])

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Tomorrow night's my last Surf Club dinner.

And then I'm off home for a week for Easter after that.

8. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    what do you think to friday night or saturday night ?
    and where to meet up again ?

9. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    How about this saturday at 8pm - we all meet outside forbidden planet ?

10. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Im away - sorry - count me out

11. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Not exactly the best time dave, sorry, plus me and I think spike 2002 are back home for the easter holidays so we are away from boro

12. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    well in the end i was kept waiting up Durham for a sodding train back to teesside so i missed any chance of a meet up
    maybe another time then

13. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Anyone free this weekend ? as it can be spike's belt Christening !!

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Nope. Not free.

You guys might as well just wait till May 20th for the big Charity Gig I'm throwing.

15. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    aarrhhhh whats the point any more !!!

16. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005

Dave,

Take life as you find it, but don't leave it that way.

The point of it all is to make a point, to have a reason for being, to be a point of light by making a difference. In other words, the purpose is to live a life of purpose. Usually, we don't have to waste time trying to discover our life purpose because it is not to be found, but to be created by us.

If your personal calling is not obvious to you, be still for a moment and ask your inner wisdom for guidance. It is belief in something greater than you and enthusiasm in pursuing it that makes life worth living.

You still have time to act. You still have time to make the right choice. And while we're on the subject of choices, remember that "There is a choice you have to make, in everything you do. And you must always keep in mind, The choice you make, makes you."

Finally - read my sig Dave. You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to understand why you made it.
    May the Force be with you. Always.

17. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Take life as you find it, but don't leave it that way.

The point of it all is to make a point, to have a reason for being, to be a point of light by making a difference. In other words, the purpose is to live a life of purpose. Usually, we don't have to waste time trying to discover our life purpose because it is not to be found, but to be created by us.

If your personal calling is not obvious to you, be still for a moment and ask your inner wisdom for guidance. It is belief in something greater than you and enthusiasm in pursuing it that makes life worth living.

You still have time to act. You still have time to make the right choice. And while we're on the subject of choices, remember that "There is a choice you have to make, in everything you do. And you must always keep in mind, The choice you make, makes you."

Finally - read my sig Dave. You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to understand why you made it.
    May the Force be with you. Always.
    [/quote]

AS SOMEONE WHO'S WORKED WITH AND OVER THE COUNCIL THIS SOUNDS LIKE COUNCIL ******** I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING -

THE FACT BEIING THE BELT IVE GOT FOR SPIKE IS STILL GATHERING DUST WAITING TO BE GIVEN TO HIM - ITS ITHER THAT OR ILL JUST SELL EVERYTHING AND WALK AWAY FROM MY JEDI LIFSTYLE - IM GETTING SICK OF THIS SITE A BIT !!!

18. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    [Scouse]Alright. Calm down, calm down.[/Scouse]

19. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
  20. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    :eek: How wude.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    [Han Solo] "watch your mouth boy or you'll find yourself floating home" [Han Solo]

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    [SIDIOUS]Your hate has made you powerful[/SIDIOUS]

23. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Dave,

You have no reason to get so stressed out, Ok? Its not the end of the world. I respect what you have done when you were in the secretary role, and think it would be a shame if you decided to up and leave. The fan force North is at the highest point, well in my eyes, it has been since its foundation, we have had some great meets, and will hopefully continue to have many more. we have also forged, or are forging some very genuine friendships in this group, So just try and relax a little mate, ok ? We don't want to lose that :)

24. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Dave, I know you haven't been happy on here most recently, but like Leigh I really am not understanding why - if you were here two years ago, you would not recognise how far the UK area of the Jedi Council forums has gone. And how far we actually have gone forward as a local fan group. And like you pointed out to a new member on here, you can't expect people to attend a meet at short notice as you rightly said

Here - http://boards.theforce.net/north/b10739/23548209/p1/?13

So I really think getting annoyed with the people on here because they can't make a meet at such short notice is a little inappropriate don't you think? Not only is it Easter weekend, when families get more time together, but as indicated by what people posted above, they do have lives outside of the boards and could not make the meet, and they gave reasons other than "can't be bothered". If you have stuff to pass on to other members, then arrange a meet but give them more time. Making all this fuss about it isn't going to make anyone rush to a meet.

It will be sad to see any member leave Dave. So I ask you to think seriously about that. However, I can't and will NOT condone attacking another member in such a way publicly. Please can you refrain from that, Jase was trying to calm you down, and he didn't deserve the written attack. I think Jase deserves an apology. As does Jon who received this

from you. I expect an apology their way Dave, on here preferrably since you have made this all public, private if you can't. I would also ask you to try and post a little more refrained, what this great FF-UK chapter does not need is drama over such small problems. We have a great group developing, some cool stuff coming up this year. We had enough drama at the start with CR elections, and the aftermath of that, I really think you should take a breather before posting angry, especially over issues as you highlighted. We are afterall a fan group dedicated to fun first and foremost, not politics or position grabbing, nor infighting for the sake of it. Dave, you are a valued member, so please just calm down, make the necessary apologies, and let's start again. So I never have to write such a post again.

Please.

25. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Member's Im sorry for my outburst

Jace im sorry for my words
    TIM
    As for my veiws Its true ive been banging my head off the wall Ive not been my-self of late yes im becomeing sick of this site not because of its members but some of the comments - I know there member's who like me enjoy the star wars films and enjoy dressing in the part -

Apart from me not being the best of health now for some months im trying to carry on - There are times I wish I hadnt stood down as Thread secartery but things change -

as for moving forward maybe its time i leave the fan force site all together and draw a line under it all -

I enjoy my role in the senate but thats all ive become distanced with the northen thread and its members -

I must say a big sorry to leigh chris (spike )jace and your good self tim for anything ive said on here

SORRY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.