main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone still have the 2004 Original Trilogy DVD box set?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by JediMasterKendo, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    Whether the gold colored Fullscreen or the silver colored widescreen set, just wondering if any of you still prefer the 2004 Original Trilogy DVD box set. Just wish they could have squeezed in a couple more of some old behind the scenes stuff besides the 2 hours long Emprie of Dreams thing

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, still have it, in the silver case, and it's my OT version of choice these days, as much due to the format as anything else. I have my 1995 VHS copies but I don't remember the last time I watched them.

Love Empire of Dreams.

3. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    It's the only version of the OT I own. :p

4. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    I have the silver boxed full screen version still, probably will have it for some time the way it looks.

5. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    Dinkus, I don't mean to correct you but the silver DVD box set is widescreen. Fullscreen is the gold colored DVD box set.

I still love my 2004 DVD box set of the Original Trilogy but there are a few things they could have put in more. Also the bloopers was a pain in the butt to try to get to and I wasnt fond of the Empire at War game trailer clogging up the bonus features DVD where there should have been more room for something

6. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Yes!

Though something sad happened one day and i lost the disc to A New Hope (weird). Not the cover too, just the disc. I replaced with with another copy when they were released again and on sale except it was a gold colour not silver like the others.

7. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Oops, well, I have the fullscreen verison....whatever the color is. :p

Ditto!

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    It's the only version I own, too, and I lost my copy of ROTJ and had to replace it. Maybe it's with your copy of ANH. :p

9. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    i have the silver boxes... but the gold disks... hehe... I switched cause i hate the color gold, but like the silver color... yep... im dumb..

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    As others have said, the 2004 Original Trilogy DVD box set is the only version of the OT I currently own. I still love it. I never got the 2006 DVD's, and I don't have the Blu-Rays yet (not sure if I will get them later or not). I like the things that the 2004 DVD set fixed from the 1997 theatrical and VHS SE releases... and there are just a couple things that I wish were different about it (such as Boba Fett's voice; wish it were still Jason Wingreen instead of Temeura Morrison).

11. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    yes, i still have it. yes, i also miss old boba fett's voice. yes, they never should've kept that utterly ridiculous new musical number at jabba's palace. and yes, they should make a feature at the end where you can see the old yub dub song with sebastian shwa as old dead anakin's ghost. also, yes i realize that they made other copies of the dvds that have the theatrical version still intact... and yes, i bought those too.

i like what they did in the blu rays with ben kenobi's crazy krayt dragon caterwaul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.