main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC at the Prov Place IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Count me in for the 31st at Midnight. So let's see if Idarii,another member and myself go to both the 31st and November 8th in Providence and the November 1st show in Boston that could be the three meets needed to become official.

What do you think?

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    cool! whats your costume scott :p anyway we'd have to get these posted to be official i'm assuming. i PMed last time, anyone want to this time? me scott and sara are going to the midnight showing, that's 3. anyone else want to join in? i'm still trying to get ahold of a manager to see exactly what they mean by costumed representation

also i dont think i'm going to see the movie, i'm just going to go, stand around, look pretty, win prizes :p and see the costumes. i just have to work too early friday to see it. plus i'm running up to boston friday night for that showing too

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Are you picking on me Carrie? Maybe you could help me out after you help Tony. I can see it now. Idarii's Costume School for the Gifted.

4. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    lol nah i'm not picking on you, just wondering if you had gotten a costume. lol yeah i should open my own shop! :)

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I haven't had the chance. I'm hoping to get some advice from a member of the 501st on making a set of armor.

6. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    So will we have a third Rhode Islander for the Boston show on the 1st?

7. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    I can go, but will I be completely out of place without a costume?

8. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Not at all. I won't be in costume and I tend to think there will be plenty of people that won't have costumes.

9. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ack! i'm in panic mode! my sewing machine is like eating the thread. maybe i didn't feed enough when i bought it from that giant for 3 beans.

10. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    You should have taken the goose that lays golden eggs.

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    yeah really...i'm kicking myself now.

i feel like i'm dealing with kirby from the brave little toaster.

12. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    I don't know whats scarier...your sewing machine just devouring thread...or the fact that I actually know the brave little toaster and have seen it on many occasions...yes a couple by choice and shaddup there was nothing else on :p

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    it's ok, i [face_love] that movie

14. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    Okay then, count me in for the thity-first as well :D

I was wondering if anyone has thought about creating a website for FF RI....

15. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    yay!! :)

yeah the thought crosse dmy mind. particularly for the little flyers. maybe something easy to type in like rifanforce.tripod.com or whatever we choose to go with. i'm terrible with content, what would we want to put on the site?

16. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    I was actually just thinking about a site because I am planning on taking pictures at the IMAX get together of the various costumes, and I thought it would be great to have a place to post them for all to see...something like that.

17. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    I can help you with a site if you wish. :)
    I am able to get free hosting, and all you'd have to do is pay for the domain name...currently $25 for one year, $40 for two.

www.providencealliance.net or www.rhodesquadron.net would be cool.

Let me know if you need my help.

Here and here are my credentials. :)

18. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    Okay, that's cool....

Have we actually decided on a name yet? Personally I prefer Rhode Squadron....I should probably post that in the other thread huh? 8-}

19. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    butt out dowe you're on my turf now :p j/k

yeah that'd be awesome, taking pictures of all the different costumes. well before we invest in a real domain let's make a freebie one for now. that way if for some godforsaken reason we dont become official then at least we'll have saved the money. anyway i can help with design/programming/scanning ... i suck at writing content ...

20. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    Well, I guess I will bring my camara and take pictures.....

We can see if they are of any use later on.

I also agree with the free deal idea, at least until officialdom comes...

21. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ok i'm going to give the IMAX a quick call right now, i'm mainly going to tell them fan force will be there 10/31, if it's ok to hand out flyers, etc. any other questions i should ask?

22. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    That sounds good, I can't think of anything else.

I was planning on going over there last week...but by the time I was able to, it was too late, and I needed to get back home.

23. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    yeah i tried friday and they claimed i could talk to a manager on saturday morning. they lied :( ok i'll call them now. :D

24. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    Not to mention that providence traffic at five o'clock in the afternoon is no fun...I'm guessing you are already aware of that 8-}

But that plan sounds good, that way we can know what to expect by ways of managerial support and such.

25. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    LOL yes i get stuck in that traffic every day after work. forget it when it's a waterfire day...

ok they officially think i'm a nut. they said to call back in a half hour cause the manager is in a meeting. i asked him if it was ok to pass out the flyers but he said it wasnt his call to make. i think they are avoiding me! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.