main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Chapter 19: Stolen Kiss DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Moleman1138, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    Good scene. Great dress for Padme. Doesn't anyone else think that she was totally leading ol' Anakin one here? I mean with all her talk about swimming and lying out on the sand letting the sun dry her damp body. And in that dress and at that romantic location what red-blooded padawan could resist?

2. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Doesn't anyone else think that she was totally leading ol' Anakin one here?
    Padme..the ever so subtle seductress :p

But yeah, I think with that dress she was wearing Lucas meant to show that she was, at least subconsciously leading him on even from this early point in the movie. But it never really crossed my mind in this scene - the first time I saw it I was thinking "this guy's totally out of his element. He must be misreading the signs."

3. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Strange, I thought the exact opposite. :) I thought to myself, "Wow, this is one arena Padme has no expertise in." Even as she subconsciously seems to be leading Anakin on, he's almost always the aggressor, always taking her by surprise, always taking the initiative, and it makes her nervous because it lends to her feeling uncomfortable, as though she's losing her grasp on control of the situation. Anakin may not be any Don Juan, but he certainly seems to have the advantage of assurance here - even if it isn't certain Padme will want him, he is certain that it's her he wants. :)

4. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Thank you for all your participation in CBC (Chapter by Chapter). AOTC Chapter 20: Inspecting the Clones DISCUSSION will be made available 12:00 AM EST. Although the discussion timeframe has passed, you may still discuss this chapter at your convienience. However, we will be moving on to the next chapter.

-Moleman1138

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.