main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the Clonetroopers Killing the Wookiees?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by gezvader28, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I looked for a thread on this but couldn't see one so ...

in the movie shortly after the order 66 montage we see some clones patrolling Kashyyk and one says "These wookies are all dead, move on." (or something like that) I got the impression that they were now killing wookies.

Is this the case? if not what is the point of that scene?

g

(edit - "Wookiees," not "Wookies" ;) )

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    At the end of ROTS all the remaining Wookies were enslaved by the Empire.

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    No, droids killed those wookiees.

4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I think the point was to show how callous the Clonetroopers were and in that respect, how Order 66 and the new Empire would change the galaxy. The Clonetroopers had been fighting side by side to save the Wookiee's homeworld, but turned on a dime with Order 66 killing Wookiee and Battledroid alike without hesitation.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Wookiees were killed earlier during the battle. I don't think they were killed by the Clonetroopers. In the eu, their defiance by aiding Yoda is what eventually contributed to the enslavement of their race.

6. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Yes, I think some of the clone troopers killed some Wookiees, only because they helped Yoda escape.
    Just like the clone troopers enslaved the Utapauians(sp) because they helped Obi-Wan.

7. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Could Tarful of been killed by clonetroopers after they found out he helped Yoda escape?

8. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    The Wookiees were killed earlier during the battle. I don't think they were killed by the Clonetroopers. In the eu, their defiance by aiding Yoda is what eventually contributed to the enslavement of their race.

Yes, I think at that point the clonetroopers would only kill Wookies that got in their way of finding Yoda. The dead Wookies were killed by droids earlier.

9. Cpatain_Typo

Cpatain_Typo Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004

But that is what we're meant to think, only Imperial Clone Troopers are so precise...

10. Jedi_Meb

Jedi_Meb Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2005
    I always thought it was interesting how things proceeded when Order 66 was issued in the middle of a battle. A big example is when Ki Adi Mundi was leading his troops right into a huge droid foray. When his troops simply stopped in order to kill him, they were sitll in the middle of a fight! It seems strange that the clone trops weren't run over by the droid they happened to be fighting at the moment. I guess the only goal in mind was to kill the Jedi Generals, nothing else really mattered...

11. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Apparently, 4 weeks after Revenge of the Sith, The Empire returns to Kashyyyk to kill a group of Surviving Jedi. If the Wookiees didn't turn them over, they'd enslave the whole planet. They refuse, and The 501st Legion raid Kashyyyk. The Captured Wookiees become laborers in the Construction of the Death Star.
    (Note: From STAR WARS: Dark Lord The Novel)
    And BTW, they were capturing probably, like the 212th were doing with the Utapauns.

Oh, and may I ask one more thing...
    What's a Wookie?:confused:

12. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    there is no logic in what ur are saying; there is no reason for the clones to kill the wookies, unless those that helped Yoda

Order 66 does not include a sub-clause saying "enslanve all life"
    it doesnt make sense at all

13. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    there is no logic in what ur are saying; there is no reason for the clones to kill the wookies, unless those that helped Yoda

Order 66 does not include a sub-clause saying "enslanve all life"
    it doesnt make sense at all

Watch the movie again. The clones turn on the Wookies after Order 66.

When they ride up on their walkers one says, "All these Wookies are dead, move to the east." What are they going east to do? Find surviving Wookies and have a beer?

If you don't think they are hunting Wookies, what exactly do you think they are doing?

lord_sidious_ likes this.
  14. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    No, in Dark Lord the Wookies are enslaved to help build the DS.

15. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    It was Yoda, not Cmdr. Gree, whom established relations with the Wookies. Just as it was Obi-Wan, not Cmdr. Cody, whom established relations with the Utapauns. Thus, when they were branded traitors by Order 66, the loyalty of those whom they had recruited for the fight against the Separatists also came into question. That is why troopers of the 212th can be seen arresting Tion Medon and several others on Utapau (they were later deported to Byss).

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Hunting Yoda and the Wookiees who are with him.

They weren't only used to build the Death Star prototype and the Death Star Mark I. There were others who were enslaved for different purposes. Chewie had sabatoged something of vital importance, while on Courscant I believe, when Han saved his life. My memory of where they were prior to Courscant at the start of "The Hutt Gambit" is fuzzy.

17. Dj_Stevie_C

Dj_Stevie_C Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    They built Nintendos?!?!

Sorry I'll get my coat :p

18. General_Kayman

General_Kayman Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2005
    Yes and killed we did that day!
    And We shot every one of those furry-ass overgrown furby's
    And joy we had that day, but unfortunatly one survived the movies:(

19. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    What's a Wookie?

You kidding me? It's Chewbacca's species.

20. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    No, 'cos Chewbacca's species is Wookiee

21. andkiich

andkiich Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2005
    The clone troopers were most likely hunting down and dispatching any remaining wookiee loyalists to the Jedi. I'm sure Chewbacca and Tarful went back and told the rest of the warriors that the clones had tried to assassinate Yoda. They probably tried to fight the clone troopers and got their you-know-what handed them.

22. TC-47

TC-47 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    That's Tarfful!! Good discussion though... But only here for a couple more minutes...

23. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    Probably.

I wish Tarful's databank would explain what happened to him.

24. TC-47

TC-47 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    Personally, I think that the clone killed and enslaved all the wookiees, those they could find anyway, because they would obiously try to aid the jedi because they have close ties with yoda.

25. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    We don't know by the films alone that the Wookiees were enslaved by the Empire. It was not shown in the film. What we saw in the film was that the troopers were diligintly looking for any Jedi so they could kill them on ths spot. All they were finding was dead Wookiees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.