main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are we going to attend National Space Centre 2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by rebeljediknight_88, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    When you get this drawn up and signed and sealed can you forward me a copy of it for the website please Phill :)

Edit - You don't have to apologise for making a decision Phill, that's what you're here to do!

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Yep your the decision maker :D

I suppose you are itching to unleash the website stormtrooper_fan

3. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    Yes but it's not quite finished yet as my heatsink has gone and the CPU keeps overheating so I have to go careful when running Dreamweaver and Photoshop CS2.

When the postie finally delivers my new heatsink unit it will be go on all fronts and the all new FF-UK website will be revealed in all it's glory :)

4. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Not good when things like that go suppose you have had to pull the alarm cable out cause my old pc used to make a awful annoying sound when it overheated. [face_thinking] what am I doing up this time of the night

5. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    A fair and reasonable decision Phill, non of us want any unfortunate accidents but they are by their very nature unexpected and impossible to avoid, 'A wise decision you make'.

Oh and Dave, if you're serious about joining the UKG in the future can I suggest that arguing with their events organiser isn't a top idea m8! :oops:

6. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Yes but it's not quite finished yet as my heatsink has gone and the CPU keeps overheating so I have to go careful when running Dreamweaver and Photoshop CS2.

When the postie finally delivers my new heatsink unit it will be go on all fronts and the all new FF-UK website will be revealed in all it's glory

*nods and pretends to have understood that* Yeah

Phil I think you'll find we are all behind you on this one.

7. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Heatsink = computer fan

8. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    *sees the FF he knows dying, picks up his lightsaber and starts hacking in rage*

I though you guys were better than this! i think it is highly unfair considering we only have 2 people under 18 in the group. you are doing exactly what you said you wouldnt do = turn into the UKG!

And i think you guys took that second bit seriously sorry. by lightsaber fight i meant like the one we had last time. I've already dont the Academy once and found it much more fun to wait until everyone had left and then fight with anakin in the open.

even if izzy and I have to hang out at the table unofficially we will do it!

i didnt mind having to get my parents to sign a slip to say im ok but for you guys to totally lock us out of any official role at an event...

You disapoint me! and im sure izzy will be to!

9. Stormtrooper_fan

Aug 23, 2003
    The FF-UK Midlands is not turning into the UK Garrison whatsoever we are acting as responsible adults, if you have a problem with that well then it's just that, your problem.

It has been explained to you why the no under 18's rule is being enforced and that's an end to it.

... and as Simon said, you will be expelled from the convention.

Complaining about the under 18 rule and then acting like a child in reference to lightsabre duels against the express wishes of the organisers is exactly why we don't want to be responsible for you, see?

See you in court should you accidentally hit a child and injure them with your lightsabre... oh no wait... it will be the event organisers in court and there will be no more events organised for you to break the rules of.

10. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    nobody is locking you out of anything. it`s a question of liability for any disasters that MAY happen. i am not going to be responsable for you in any way shape or form, and i don`t think anybody else will either. ALL that we are saying is that you may need your parents consent for you to be there if they aren`t coming. if they come then there is no big deal. dave, you are making this into a big deal atm, and creating a whole load of stress that no-one wants or needs. why is it such a problem to get your parents to sign a form to say you can be there? (and phill, it may be prudent to have a contact number with any proposed form just to confirm any signatures) if anything goes wrong, who are they going to blame? thats`s what this is all about.

and why is this ff dying? this isn`t turning into the ukg, because if it does i will up sticks and take my ball home. we are, and should remain, two seperate entities with the same goal, so we may be similar in some respects but not identical.

take a deep breath and please justify your statements.

11. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    fine i wont lightsaber fight. but for legal reasons the kid who do the academy should do it either they might get hit!

and can i point out that no-where was it mentioned about the slip of paper when phil made the anouncement! id be happy to give details and a signature. that was the reason i was complaining. the way phil said it it sounded like no matter what we can help out officially.

if this officially anounced then there won't be and stress and it'll be sorted out now!

p.s. i am always very sensible at these type of events and my attitude changes when im in costume. Im more peaceable and jedi like.

12. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    from reading this thread, the kids that take part in the academy are 5-16 years old. they would be there with their folks, so consent forms wouldn`t be needed.

you made this announcement on your own, and not phill. if you were happy to get signatures etc, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ALL THE FUSS?!!? sheesh, nobody has anywhere said you can`t participate, you just need your parents consent. what if the table collapses on your foot? what if..... what if......?

and if you are only sensible when in costume, can i ask you to never take the thing off, oh great jedi?

13. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    You know what this is starting to get on my nerves abit like many of us do I get in from work have something to eat and a shower then I come on the boards and check the posts in the collecting forums to see what people have to say I then go onto my other groups pages and check their posts and the posts on their websites but you know what I left last friday to signtopia which there was alot of positive talk about the ffuk but I come back and all this week so far all I have seen going on is constant negativity and it does not seem to be stopping it is just going on and on. If you have a problem with something then PM jairen with your views and he will give you an answer and you will have to accept it. and leave it at that.

14. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    no i am too sensible most of the time but it increses when i put the costume on.

and im sorry! i missed one sentence out of phils anouncement. it just happened to be the line about people could come if they had consent. forgive me for the mix-up. i understand now.

i will be awaiting the paperwork.

let us get back to work and i will calm down. i have only one question:-
    are we going to accepted the invite from UKG?

15. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005

Just to finish off as im sure the Staff here have an awful lot to do

Regarding your above comment, Lee the Kid who Portrays Annakin had a severe Chatting to regarding the last Space Centre event and Dueling with Lightsabers with members of the Public.

I will tell you now Dave this will not Happen again.

The Jedi School will be set up in Such a way that only specific Structured moves are used in order to keep a high level of Safety.

I would seriously Suggest Dave you leave your Lightsaber at Home.

Probably not my Place to say this but you are coming across as a spoilt little boy here that can not have his own way.

Your distinct lack of respect on this forum alone towards its members and Staff worries me especially as you intend to Join the UKG, if this is the case i suggest you alter your attitude.

Your actions here are a prime example of why the UKG stick to the 18's and Over rule.

accept the decision made by your Forum Staff and somehow try to understand its for yours and everyone elses benefit, Rules are there for a purpose my friend to maximise everyones enjoyment.

16. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Wow I go to class for a night and all this happened.

Phil, would it be possible to send me a copy of this policy your working on, I think Joe & the rest of the Philly Fan Force may also want to do something along these lines with regards to membership under the age of 18.

Hey lil' Dave, watch what you say about the 501st ok, just because you have gone half cocked and behaved in a manner that now may warrent this type of underage policy to go into affect does not make the UK-FF & the UKG the same club. Being a member of both the 501st & my local FF, I know the difference.

I have run several events both on a con level and a charity level, sometimes they would go hand in hand really, but no matter if it was a 501st event or a fan force event, rule number one was ALWAYS to act in a prfessional manner while in the public eye, sure at a con you can let your hair down more but still I have only let oneperson under the age of 18 help man a table along side of me at CIII and I knew him well enough to know he was going to act in a proper manner, which of course he did.

No fan club in their right mind would allow members under the age of 18 to go off and risk having something happen that could drag the rest of the organization into legal hot water. I know of only one ff chapter in the states that does allow underage members to attend events, but only if they have a parent accompany them. If no parent arrives, that minor can not be apart of the event.

I seriously doubt this is a witch hunt for those under the age of 18, but dude, understand all of from a legal stand point ok, do you want to see the fall of the UK-FF because a "child" was doing something stupid?

17. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    I'm sure Jairen will post again on this thread however, I am going to suggest he locks it, the decision has been made and in my opinion for all the right and proper reasons.

I would like to apologise on the FF-UK Midlands behalf to Simon, who has made a very generous offer to this group and has had nothing but grief since he did so, Sorry Simon we must seem like a very disorganised bunch but I assure you we are not.

I would also like to thank Wendy for giving us an 'Outside' perspective on this issue.

David, we are not out to destroy the FF-UK, we are not about to become a sub section of the UKG but the event at NSC is their baby and we have been invited, yes INVITED by them to participate, if you want the FF-UK to move forward then we need to be able to accept invitations like this and do a damn fine job, that way when the next event comes around we stand a chance of being asked again. Please do not reply to this post on this thread, if you have any questions or have anything else to say, send an email or PM to either Jairen or in Mark's absence Me.

18. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    no. im just upset! i hate the way adults treat young people especially those who know how to act etc in that sort of enviroment e.g. izzy and myself!
    They dont give em the benifit of the doubt!

By the way dont tell the anakin guy off for hitting me! i asked for a duel after everyone had packed up and i enjoyed it.

I will be going to the event anyway as a member of the public but i would like and enjoy to be an official person and help out! i love helping out at these events. i love the smiles that creap onto childrens and adult's faces when they see Jedi and Vader etc.

and you say i sound like a spiolt brat! but its going to be me who goes to this on my own with my own money etc. im just trying to stand up for what i thought this FF is and for every young person who is a member so far and who will be in the future.

19. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Being a parent myself, there is no way in hell I would let anyone under the age of 21 go to a con without a parent in tow. I've been to enough cons now to know what goes on there. Grant it some cons are safer for kids then others but still, I wouldn't let my son go to any con without me around until he is legal to drink in my county. Of course this being the UK, if I lived here, then would change that to 18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.