main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Armageddon 2002

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by RogueJedi1138, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    I'll probably be there first thing as well, playing Billy Badass in my jeans and nWo
    wolfpac tshirt with the red face on black background. :D Not that Im a fan-geek or
    anything. [face_laugh]

2. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Just came back from Armageddon. :D Mm, maybe Kitt's not back home yet... Oh well, it was quite fun, a lot of SW stuff. (And a lot of LOTR too! :D ) Peter Mayhew looked even taller in person, but he wasn't in costume. [face_laugh] We took photos with Darth Maul and Yoda--didn't bother with Jar Jar, though. Bought the feb issue of Empire for $2.50--Kitt bought some other stuff too.

The Kamehameha contest was a riot! [face_laugh] Some little Asian kid named James won.

3. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Report back? Ah, I'm too tired after all that laughing at that Kamehameha people. LOL.

e:ah, now I don't have to bother, thanks LIsa :D

I'll just add that some of the questions people asked Peter were just embarassing. 'Can you roar like Chewie?' for example.

4. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    And he did do a roar too! :D Heu, but you didn't get Peter's autograph! It would be funny if he wrote "urf urf urf".

I wanna see Thumb Wars! :_|

5. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I have thumb wars, although Graal has it at the moment (seen it yet?)

There was a short snippet on TV3's nightline about Armageddon, with Peter doing his chewie impersonation. they didnt have anything about the Kamehameha contest, darn I wanted to see that again :)

6. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    The guy who wrote into Craccum urging everyone to support him turned out to be this crazy guy in one of my friend's lecturers. Apparently, he has an 'excessive' personality. She told us he came down to the front of the lecture theatre, a few minutes before the lecture ended, took the mike of the lecturer and said "Laterz" then left. So we call him the 'laterz' guy, lol.

Anyway, he turned up in full costume. People were cheering for him, so they let him straight into the semis, saying that anyone with their own personal fan club had to be good.

7. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    But he lost at the semifinals. [face_plain]

Eh, I didn't really feel sorry for him. 8-} The fan club is just a sham methinks.

8. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Oh yeah, that kid totally deserved to win. He was great.

btw, lisa, those Jedi spirits don't glow in the dark. I'm going to have to put a torch behind them and fake it, lol.

9. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Just Got back from Armageddon Very busy !!!

10. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

I never made it yesterday :( , but my brother who works nearby said there were fools lining up outside at 7:30am (and they showed some on TV1's Breakfast programme) - it wasn't due to open until 10:00am. Wallies!! It's not like there were limited places - and Beanie Babies aren't THAT exciting, even if they were free.

11. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    They were probably collectors looking to nab the best bargins.
    The coolest thing I saw was a Star Wars chess set for $200.

12. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

And you didn't buy it! :eek:

13. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    is that sarcastic? :D

if it was monopoly, I probably would have snapped it up, but I'm useless at chess.

Really, really cute though. The pawns were all Tie Fighters and X-wings.

14. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
  15. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    saw the bit on tv1 news about it man treks are the hell nerds eeeeeeeeeeee i have 15 autographs eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

16. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

There was a BRIEF interview with Peter "Chewie" Mayhew in yesterday's NZ Herald (Saturday) - page 3 of the entertainment section (bottom left) - some pretty stupid questions though. :(

17. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Ah, the chess set. :D I have no idea how to play that either. There was s Simpsons monopoly set just behind the SW chess set, but I didn't have any money....mm, I should have at least have a look at that. [face_plain]

18. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Good grief, don't start collecting Monopoly sets - there's more of those than there are Hasbro R2-D2 figures. :p

I was going to list them all, but here's a couple of links instead ...

And neither of those have the Star Wars versions listed :( , so who knows how many more there are.

19. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    The Sunday Star-Times has an article about Armageddon focusing entirely on Peter Mayhew. Nothing new, really.

The title has "Fan force" in it, but it doesn't refer to our FanForce.

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    The only thing I learnt was that Peter Mayhew did play Chewie in the holiday special, but his wife was played by a man, and his son was played by a girl. His grandfather was played by a 19yo college student.

Imagine if that was your Star Wars claim to fame - 'I played Chewie's grandfather when I was in college!'.

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    What about the poor guy who has to say "I was Chewbacca's wife." And the girl who has to say "I was Chebacca's son". :p

I've just been given a copy of the book Empire Building - the Remarkable real life story of Star Wars the "explosive and unauthorised new account - supposedly all the behind the scenes "truths".

MIGHT be interesting, except that flicking through the photos I see a picture of four people carrying a red-headed R2 unit with the caption: "More robot trouble. R2-D2 is dragged across the Tunisian desert." - makes you wonder how accurate the rest of the "truths" are. ?[face_plain]

22. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    Unfortunately, the poor guy who had to play Chewie's wife passed away in 1993 :(

Saying you were Chewie's grandfather, wife, or son isn't as bad as admitting you were in the Holiday Special ;)

23. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I own Empire Building. Gary is a muck-raking journalist, so take anything you read about relationships on set and temper tantrums with a very large pinch of Tatooine sand :)
    He also wrote Harrison Ford's bio, which I've read.

24. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    saw chewie, got his signed photo, grrr $40
    saw SWNZ table, and farmboyz' vid, nice film btw
    got boty video and poster, signed of course free

saw a mate pick up my dirty underpants thinking it was his tshirt, priceless

25. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    What vid is this one, Humble?
    What did i sign up for? damm imperial recruiters

Must say had a great time, was at the SWNZ stand a bit, go my beanie baby so the girl friend was happy, she got 2 more any way picked up a few figures i didn't have which is good and a few comics, saw Peter talk, interesting day all in all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.