main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Artoo's Frazzled Circuits: The OT Diary [2012 Dear Diary Challenge] - COMPLETED on 21/Dec

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Now I did get one:)

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I can't seem to get the hang of this Tag system :oops:. I'm going to edit the posts and re-tag everyone.

3. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    "And with that lovely tale, we all went off to bed." Haha, love it![face_laugh]

Hazel likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    He's good but not that good. I love Artoo's sense of humor!

Hazel likes this.
  5. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Of course, Artoo would be able to separate reality from illusion... If only the Dark Side could actually work on Artoo - that would be an interesting situation! Poor droid, definitely not made to be a Jedi... :p

Jedi Knight Fett and Hazel like this.
  6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. That scene is confusing for anyone, let alone a droid!

Hazel likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= [face_laugh] Luke-in-training LOL I just bet you enjoyed writing that [face_laugh] ;)

Hazel likes this.
  8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    [face_laugh] as usual. That scene is indeed creepy. Looking forward to more!

Hazel likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You know I never really thought about this before. Did Artoo see Obi-Wan's Force ghost? I can't remember. Can they be picked up by cameras or sensors? And who can see Force Ghosts? Does it depend on who the Force ghost wants to see them? Leia didn't appear to see the three Force ghosts at the end of RotJ. I'm so confused. :confused:

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    JL: :) @};- Seems like it would relate to training: droids cannot be Force-trained & Leia hadn't been trained even as much as Luke had. [face_thinking] It probably is a volitional thing on the other end too, but the ones who are aware of their presence would have to have some focused Force skill. :D

11. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    According to the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook, anyone who is Force-sensitive can hear Force ghosts, and Force-users with the Sense feat can see them.

12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Leia might have seen them out of the corner of her eye but either thought that it was a trick of the light or she just assumed that they were Rebels that were content to watch the celebration for a time.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    So when I had Callista trapped inside Artoo's body in one of my fics, she shouldn't have been able to sense a Force Ghost? :p Stang, what stupid situations I get Luke and Artoo into.

Sorry Hazel I don't mean to highjack your thread. Your story gets me thinking about all types of weird things since I am now seeing the scene by a droids perspective.

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Don't worry about it Jedi_Lover, this confuses me a bit too. I remember when I was about to write this part, I asked around for opinions and got a bunch of different ones. I hope the choice I made here is acceptable and makes sense within the story, but who knows, I might make the opposite choice in another story. And don't worry about your Callista in R2 story, it was sooooo funny, nobody really considered that particular detail.

Jedi_Lover, Lady_Misty and Jade_eyes like this.
  15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    It is interesting that R2 also knows what happened in the cave. The entire SW universe is interesting seen through R2´s sensors.

Hazel likes this.
  16. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh, that's a tricky one indeed! I think I'll go with what Hazel said - the sheer hilarity of the situation makes the question of whether or not it's realistic unimportant. :p

Jedi Knight Fett and Lady_Misty like this.
  17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Lady_Misty: The meaning of that apparition is puzzling. So many interpretations and but still it's puzzling.

I'm gonna quote Superman here: "The son becomes the father, and the father the son." (The vision was meant to send a message... as for weather or not Luke got it? Hard to say.)

Good entry, Hazel. :)

Hazel likes this.
  18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
  19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  20. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Drying things out are a pain in the neck.

Hazel likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This is one of the coolest ESB scenes :D :)

Hazel likes this.
  22. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hahahahaha I love Artoo saying "I will not say try". [face_rofl] Please add me to the tag list!!

Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Brilliant. I agree with ginchy about Artoo refusing to say "try"; I loved that. Keep it up!

Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I loved the 'I will not say try' part!

Hazel likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Let Luke clean up the ship Artoo![face_not_talking] He's the one who crashed it. Come to think about it...he crashes a lot of ships. He crashed on Hoth, he crashed on Dagobah and he crashed a Star Destroyer onto Coruscant in Dark Empire. I bet his starship insurance is really, really high. I bet Geico wouldn't even touch him. He probably has to go to one of those "Tickets, Accidents?--No Problem" insurance companies. I bet he dreaded putting Ben on his policy when he started piloting.

I think I am rambling again.

Nice update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.