main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Attack of the Clones Trivia Contest!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by ImperialMarchFace, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Good luck, Darth_Falcon. :p

I've still got the OT Contest to win. :)

2. AC-91

AC-91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2004
    I very highly dis-agree with this, It was in Insider #62 (I didn't get it there, but I looked and it is) My Star Wars Adventures (that kid magazine Scholastic gave with it role-playing things) has it too! I believe that shouldn't be right, since the rules state "or during the era of Attack of the Clones" something like that.

Oh well this one better be over fast

3. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    I'd like to hear/see the exact quote from the Insider article seems i can't get them here in Oz. Unless there is direct reference to the time period as seen in Attack of the Clones, i think that IMF has made the right decision. The AOTC's Visual Dictionary clearly states that form 4 is Anakins style during the AOTC time period.

4. Count_Solidus

Dec 31, 2004
    "As the Clone War begins, Anakin Skywalker dedicated himself to Form V in his increasingly blind quest for strength. As Darth Vader he will still be using Form V when he confronts Obi-Wan kenobi and later Luke Skywalker."

Star Wars Insider Issue 62, Page 31

5. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    That says "As the Clone War begins", meaning once the war started. Anakin didn't just suddenly switch to V when he was fighting Dooku. I think he started using V after the Dooku fight.

6. Count_Solidus

Dec 31, 2004
    But we don't know that for sure. There were too many conflicting answers from multiple sources to eliminate twelve of fifteen players on the first question. There had to be at least some room for acceptance, all things considered...

But it is your game. :p :)

7. jag29

jag29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 13, 2002
    Even though I was one of the contestants that put Form V(Insider), we must abide by the decision and move on.

Jag29

8. AC-91

Jan 5, 2004
    I think we should scratch the question, but it aint gonna matter now since we got a new one out.......

9. jag29

Dec 13, 2002
    Imperial is the contest host. He has the last say, move on and wait til next round like me.

Jag29

10. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Yeah I also don't agree but its IMF's decsion.

11. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    So because IMF had one source before he had another means he's right? Yippeeee! :(

I'd hate for BOTH to be right.

12. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    The Clone Wars begin in the Arena, at the Battle of Geonosis. Considering the lightsaber fight takes place roughly a few hours ABG, that pegs it right at the beginning of the Clone Wars.

Also, the book is wrong if it says IV. Yoda and Qui-Gon use IV; its emphasis is on speed and acrobatics. Anakin uses V; its emphasis is on stronger blows that do more damage. Watch the duel, it doesn't fit to say he uses IV.

13. jag29

Dec 13, 2002
    Its not that I don't agree with you guys but if IMF had a source he should stick with it.

On the other hand he did ask for our sources.

Jag29

14. Count_Solidus

Dec 31, 2004
    ;) As long as IMF puts me down for the next game, he's cool in my book. ;)

15. ImperialMarchFace

Oct 13, 2002
    Update: Nobody has answered the current question, and there are only a few hours left. So if nobody answers it by tonight, I'll let everyone who was eliminated by Question 1 because they answered "Form V" back into the game. Because then everyone will have gotten one wrong. If only one person answers, technically they'll win, but we can just continue and not have another sign-up session if you guys want.

16. Count_Solidus

Dec 31, 2004
    Appreciate it, IMF. Thanks. Can you post the exact time the question is due?

17. ImperialMarchFace

Oct 13, 2002
    10:55 board time. So about 3 hours.

18. Count_Solidus

Dec 31, 2004
    :cool: It'll be 2:00am here, so i'll wait till the morning, and hopefully post then.

19. Darth_Falcon

Aug 11, 2002
    Answer Sent :)

One could argue the Clone Wars don't start till Yoda states. World War 2 wasn't officially declared until Britain entered and that was after many battles through Germanys blitzkrieg.

20. ImperialMarchFace

Oct 13, 2002
    Last question:
    How many Techno Union Starships escaped Geonosis?
    Answer: 169

Results:
    Eliminated-
    CloneCommander07
    Remaining-
    Moleman1138
    Darth_Falcon

Question 3:
    What was used to make the sound of Zam Wesell's speeder?

If the game is over soon, we don't have to have another sign-up session, we can go straight into another game if people want to, and if at least one person signs up as manager.

21. Count_Solidus

Dec 31, 2004
    One could argue the Clone Wars don't start till Yoda states. World War 2 wasn't officially declared until Britain entered and that was after many battles through Germanys blitzkrieg.

Movie wise: maybe. But, technically, Yoda has no power to declare war. Only the office of the Supreme Chamcellor, sanctioned by the Senate, is allowed to declare war on another governing body, nation, etc.

22. Darth_Falcon

Aug 11, 2002
    Yoda has no power to declare war

He obviously named it though ;)

[face_whistling] while waiting for the next question.

23. Count_Solidus

Dec 31, 2004
    Did someone kill the contest?

'Cause i think i know the answer.

24. AC-91

Jan 5, 2004
    I know it too. I can't remember where I got it, but It's one of those weird things I just remember not trying to lol.

25. ImperialMarchFace

Oct 13, 2002
    Sorry about the wait everyone, update tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.