main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

August Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    OK, I've been back from Myrtle Beach a few days, but I haven't hit a lick on anything since returning. I feel like I'm still on vacation. Anyway, I've got a few things I'll update here on the board shortly. But of immediate business since we're already 11 days in, what's everyone up for doing in August? Movie? Game day? Dinner? Anything? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Let's do that "availability and idea" thing again and we'll get things narrowed down and planned out!

[face_idea]

2. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Until I can find a job that accomadates my school schedule, I only work Fridays and Saturdays now. Lt_Cm_Data has mondays off and I have late afternooons and evenings off Monday-Thursday. We both still have Sundays off. If we choose to do a meeting on a Sunday, we have 14th, 21st, and the 28th to choose from.

War of the Worlds and Charlie and the Choclate Factory are still playing. Skeleton Key (psychological horror) is coming out the 12th and Red Eye on the 19th and has the dude who played Scarecrow in Batman Begins. There was the idea of going to Kevin's if things have gotten better for him and his family. Then theres just hanging out at Barnes and Noble again, that's the cheapest route. Lt_Cm_Data and i will be on an even tighter budget than we're used to with me cutting down to only 15 hours a week and going to school (until I can find a job where I don't work late) so going to B & N again is preferable for us cause we don't haveta spend any money. Whatever you guys wanna do is fine with us.

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Do we want to meet over Labor Day weekend? Sunday around lunch time? Go bowling, movie, Kevin G's house? Let me know when and where.

JMK

4. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    sounds good to me. I will be recovering from a hard week this sunday, so I'm not doing jack *Rabbit Slim's* (extra points if you catch this reference) but relaxing and catching up on sleep. What do you guys wanna do. We gotta try and get something planned though, so all of us can schedule it.

Hope all of you are doing well. School is going good and hopefully soon my body will adjust to a normal sleep cycle. I am going to try and find a part time job on campus to bring in some extra money--just as long as it doesn't interfere with my homework/study time.

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I apologize for not following up on this month's meeting. I've had a couple of unexpected things pop up on the homefront keeping me busy. If you guys wanna wait until maybe 5:00-ish or so on Sunday, you can come over to my place and we can watch a movie here and/or throw something on the grill. Kind of potluck style, like we did last time. My wife is working Sunday, but is leaving around 4:00 and taking the girls to her parents, so I'll have the place to entertain. LMK if that's possible for you guys.

6. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    sounds greeeeat to me. Man I'm in a good mood... Anywhoo later on Dal, you'll haveta repost directions or PM it to us if you don't feel comfortable telling everyone where you live. Now we must decide what movie to watch. BTW, how is everything Kevin G, are you and your family better?

7. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while either. We've had a lot going on here lately. My grandfather passed away a few weeks ago and it's been pretty rough on all of us, especially my grandmother. My leg's still healing, thought it's been hurting a bit more today and yesterday for some reason. I go back on the 13th of September to have it x-rayed again. I hope nothing has happened to it to cause me more pain like this. Keep your fingers crossed for me. You guys go ahead to Dalton's on Sunday and have the meeting. I think I still need a little more time to heal before I get out and about again.

8. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    aww man. I feel for you Kev, I know what it's like to loose a grandparent. I wish you and your family well. I also hope you get better soon so we can see you. Take carfe and heal up. Keep us posted if you can. Take care buddy.

Rob

9. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So does 5:00 at my place on Sunday sound good? I can provide the burgers and dogs if everyone can bring a little something like chips, etc. Just wanna make sure this is a go so I can plan for it.

10. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Sounds great. See you at 5pm

11. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    I'm not sure about Lt_Cm_Data, but I'll be there. I'll ask her, I'm sure she'll wanna go just gotta be sure.Dal, please PM me the directions to your house. Thanks!

We will bring baked beans and maybe something else, not sure.

Do I need to bring a movie?

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Get on Corey Road off of Firetower at Covenant Church. Go about 2 miles down Corey. Vicksburg subdivision is on the left, turn in and go all the way to the back. Turn right at the stop sign and I'm the first brick house on the left in the cul-de-sac.

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Enjoyed the cookout tonight! Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and had enough to eat.

You know that cat (it's my neighbors) that was walking across my yard while we were eating? While we were out front saying our good-byes, he helped himself to some leftover burgers on the deck. I didn't even notice him until I got back on the deck which is about the same time he noticed me. He made a flying leap off the table, over the deck rail, to the ground, and through the trees on the back line in about 2.7 seconds. Just long enough to nearly cause me a heart attack as I didn't know what it was when he flew past me. :eek:

14. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    that's hilarious! LOL he was probabaly plotting the whole time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.